GI grandad - in HULL, UK, WW2 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » GI grandad - in HULL, UK, WW2 « Previous Next »

Ruth Barrett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2018 - 8:17 am:   

Looking for all details of an american serviceman stationed at Birch Aerodrome, Essex. During 1943/44. He was an engineer and his battalion were building a runway. His Name was Robert Eugene Wilson (Bob Wilson). He was from Tennessee (possibly Idlewild, Gibson County.) He was well known to my family, (especially my mother) who lived in Tiptree, Essex. My family name was Savage. Need to know his army number and any other details so I can discover if we are related.

julie callaghan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 4:56 am:   

Hi, my partner is trying to trace his father and family . We have not got a name we know he was based in Beverley east yorkshire or about that area with the american gi,my partner was born on 15/08/1945 vj day his name is VICTOR. His birth mother was called Alice Mcnamara who he met in beverley round about 1944 she also recided in cottingham but was from camberwell originally

Liz Harris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 11:55 am:   

I am trying to find out if anyone had a father GI stationed at Warton OctOber 1942 November 1942. I may have a half brother sister. My father's name was Robert known as Bob he came from New York that is what he told my mother. He said he was married to Aleen but my have been single. If anybody had a father a GI father at Warton lancs at that time would you get in touch lizharris1946@btinternet.com Thank You

Johnston Space
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 5:45 am:   

American GI grandad was stationed in the Harland Way barracks during WW2. Known as Jimmy / James Bridges. He sadly had to leave behind a daughter - born 15/10/44 (Elsie Anne). Grans name was Elsie. Any information about remaining family members appreciated. Thank you

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: