110th Infantry Regiment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 110th Infantry Regiment « Previous Next »

Roger Flashman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 6:41 am:   

Looking for my biological father who was an american based in Swansea about March 1944. From the DNA evidence his surname was Martin or closely related to the family from Maryland. I have several 3rd and 4th Cousins in America

Dola
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2013 - 8:10 pm:   

My Grandmother was a DAR member also she was from NH! Her hnusabd was a Army combat engineer in the WW1, I have his really cool old framed sepia tone photograph of his engineer company group photo prior them going to France dated 1917.

Sandra Stall
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 10:53 am:   

Steely Woods served in the 110th Infantry regiment and died on 4 November 1944.
The Hürtgen Forest occupies a rugged area between the Rur river and Aachen. In early winter of 1944, the weather was cold and wet... Ground conditions varied from wet to snow cover.
The U.S. 28th Infantry Divisiona Pennsylvania National Guard unitarrived on 16 October to relieve the battered 9th.

The area had terrible terrain with the Kall Trail running along a deep river ravine. The terrain was not suited for tanks, despite the need for armor to support the infantry.

The attack by 28th Division started on 2 November; the defenders were expecting it and were ready. The U.S. 110th Infantry Regiment had to clear the woods next to the River Kall, capture Simonskall, and maintain a supply route for the advance on Schmidt; again, these were very difficult tasks due to weather, prepared defenses, determined defenders, and terrain.

Source: Wikipedia

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: