Burton - Staff 1942/45 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » Burton - Staff 1942/45 « Previous Next »

heather taberner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 6:43 am:   

Can you help my search for my mums biological father or his family. His name was Sammy Peblone or similar & he was stationed at dunham park in Altrincham or maybe burtonwood & he lived in ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, I believe his parents were Italian & he spoke of a sister but not sure if he had brothers. whilst he was here he met a wonderful lady called constance ball from Altrincham whom he dated for a while my nana (connie) became pregnant in 1944 which he knew about & was here when my mum Josephine was born on 27/7/1945. unfortunately he had to return home the same year as the war had ended & his work was done. it was complicated & they lost touch soon after. many thanks

elaine.erich@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 9:07 am:   

Can Heather Taberner contact me in regards to a Sam B Poblano with the serial number quoted. I do have information on him as he is the only one on the NARA website with this name. Please contact me on my e-mail address: elainehazel44@hotmail.co.uk

Amanda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 12:54 pm:   

Hi There i'm looking for my granddad who was Black American GI he dated my grandmother Hilda may Collington she worked as a driver on one of the camps Hilton or Marchington.My mother was born in 1946 unfortunately we don't know his name but after the War ended he lived in France. my mother recalls letters coming from him when she was very young,unfortunately her mother died when she was 15. I would dearly love to find out anything i can

heather Taberner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2014 - 6:30 pm:   

here is his army serial number 18122002 if that helps

heather Taberner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2014 - 5:25 pm:   

hi there
re; your advert from the American orphans forum. its not definate that the soldier i am looking for was stationed at burtonwood as my nana lived in altrincham, cheshire where she met & dated this person. i think they had soldiers posted at dunham new park near altrincham but his name was Sam or Sammy pablone or spelt similar, he was approx 18 when he came here & remained until the war ended in 1945, which is when my mum was born.
i would appreciate it if
you could tell me if his name was listed on here or not.

many thanks heather

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 2:20 pm:   

Message for Ann Smith.
I have spoken to GIs who were camped at Burton- Staffordshire. My dad was there. I have a roster of names of GIs who were there.
You can contact me.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: