Finding my father Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » Finding my father « Previous Next »

ruth barrett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 5:09 am:   

Looking for an American serviceman stationed at Birch Aerodrome, Essex. During 1943/44. His name was Robert Eugene Wilson (Bob Wilson). and he was a sergeant.. He supposedly came from Tennessee area. The NPRC have been unable to trace him.

Lorraine Lewis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 7:25 am:   

Hi, looking for Biological Grandfather whom I believe to be an American GI, poss stationed in or around Belle Vue Park, Manchester, 1944. My father was born in October 1945 to Helen Johnson (nee Sullivan), so must have been conceived around Dec 1944/Jan 1945. Helen was around 19/20 years old at the time, father adopted at 6 wks old. Unfortunately Helen died shortly afterwards. Her husband was Francis Bernard Johnson a Gunner in the army (unsure whether he knew of the childs birth, but he is not named on birth certificate!). Helen resided in Reddish with her parents. My father was named Robert at birth (maybe he was named after his father? - a long shot I know, but its really difficult to know where to start!). He also has stunning Blue eyes if thats any help!! So if anyone knows any info please, please contact me at lorrainelewis1@live.co.uk

Rebekah laker
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 11:19 pm:   

I am trying to help mum find her biological fathers family... his name is jim price. he was stationed at manston, kent and lived in a house in greenhill, herne bay.mum, deborah, was born in october 1956 to mavis piddock, but fostered at 6 days old, and eventually adopted at aged 6, she has remained in herne bay area. Jim was American, black, and a graduate of ohio university. Please if anyone has any information or ideas please get in youch. Becs. rebekah.laker@sky.com

lindaburson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:50 pm:   

GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

DNELSON
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 4:07 pm:   

My biological father was stationed in New Zealand sometime between 1959 and 1960. He met my birth mother Una Matthews and I was conceived in November or December of 1960. Please contact me with any information. Email me at debknelson@hotmail.com

DNELSON
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 9:16 pm:   

I am looking for my birth father who was stationed in New Zealand with the US military. I have no other information other than he would have been there between 1959-1960.

Amit
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 8:15 am:   

I laughed so hard!! Remember back in the day when you would have put "only" berofe 3 or 4 times a week?!You know, in that mythical simpler, gentler time. God, was life ever really that uncomplicated?

Richard Charles Pavey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 8:23 am:   

Hello, I'm looking for my father who was in the medical corps based in south Devon, England during 1943-1944. I think it could possibly be 316th General Hospital based at Camp Stover. His first name was Charles. If anyone had or has a relative who served in this camp I would love to hear from them. I have only recently discovered who my birth mother was.

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 12:37 pm:   

GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

vanessa woodruff
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 9:08 am:   

Hi, My mother is looking for her father and has been told that. His name is Kenneth Moss,Moes,Moose or Mose? Not sure how it was spelt. This information was given to her by her mother. He is an american soldier station / sent for training in Trenton or Downsview Toronto Ontario Canada in December 1944 to September 1945. My mother was born in september and given up at 3 days old for adoption. My mother's father is Native and has been told he is air corp.

lisa mahon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 9:52 am:   

Hi all , Im looking for my grandad a GI based in worcester in 1944 . Im writing to the national archives and records administration to see if they will provide sevice records to people who arent officially next of kin but like all of us have gotten the information from other family members etc. My mum was born in worcester to an irish mum and italian american GI ... i just need the service records to verify what she was told. Cyndis list online is brilliant for searching the military records that are available and is free. Lisa

carole ford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 2:14 pm:   

looking for my father billeted on the mendips,somerset in 1944,before going to france.. name jack doan,dob 1925 ish

joan lyndon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 9:37 am:   

My name is Joan Hodge I am looking for my father obediah Mathews billited in cattedown/coxside Plymouth Devon 2nd ww, maybe lived at 12/24 Wesr ~Floriday Street, Philadelphia, he was a cook maybe based at Shaptors Field.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: