Help me find my dads father Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » Help me find my dads father « Previous Next »

Pykaflower
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 3:04 pm:   

Anyone e looking for pyka

beckyvelasco
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:02 pm:   

Searching for my mother's biological father. My mom was born in Fukuoka,Japan in 1954. Her birth mother was Sumako Kawatatsu. She was named Chisato at birth. Her name was changed to Mary upon adoption to Edith and Russell in 1957. We believe the father was an american GI. My grandmother Edith said that his family used to send my mom gifts. We would very much like to know more about her birth father. bvelasco@losh.com

Robert Curtis sharp
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 11:33 am:   

Robert Curtis Barnett sharp trying to find my father Curtis western brown based greenham common 1952 l was born October 1952 my mothers name was Anne lindel she lived at the travelers friends public house

Linda Rivers
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 12:28 pm:   

I am trying to find my father who was in the Air Force and stationed in France in 1956. I believe his name was Samuel Moses. My mother's name was Georgette Inama from Metz. I was born in Metz on 11/05/1956. She now has dementia and I fear I will never find him.

Dick_watler@yahoo.com
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 2:31 pm:   

Hi, I am trying to help my dad find his dad. His name is or was : LLoyd Clark, He was stationed in fort Davis or fort Gulick in Panama in 1943. he was probably between 18-21 years old.
my dad is 73 years old and I would like to give him the gift of seeing or meeting his Dad or half/brothers or sisters. we are currently residing in the state of california.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Leila Anne Emanuel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 5:41 am:   

For Sally Vincent re. William Childers/Leila EManuel e.mail browncat02@Hotmail.Co.uk or bengiibabii@gmail.com Apologies for the delay in getting in touch. My darling husband passed away on 13/04/16. Look forward to hearing from you, thank you.

KT
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 9:24 am:   

Hi I am trying to help my friend find her father. Sadly her mother now has dementia & so the information we can get from her is very limited. We think his name is Kenneth Ffitch (her mum is adamant it has a double f. He was posted to Ruislip in the late 50s/early 60s. Linda was born in 1961 however they had spilt up prior to her birth.

He is apparently much older than her mum - her mum was born in 1934 so we have been looking for men born in the early 20s.

We have found a record for Kenneth Ffitch living in Uxbridge the year after her birth and then two years later he appears again but this time with a woman (Margarita) Ffitch.

It is highly likely that Kenneth has passed away but my friend just wants to find out more about her roots.

If anyone may know this person or remember him from the 1960s it would be great to hear from you. ktthebrownowl@yahoo.co.uk

Sally Vincent
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 11:53 am:   

For leila -- searching for William A Childers.
I have tried to e-mail you with lots of information about your birth-father and his/your family but the e-mail is allegedly not in use.
Could you post on here another e-mail address please? William A Childers Born 1923 / Mother Leila / father also William A Childers.

Leila Anne Emanuel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 3:59 pm:   

My Father was listed as 2nd.L. William A. Childers of Covington Georgia. I was born 01.08.1945 in London. I was named Leila after his mother. I know he will have passed by now, but, wonder if, I have brothers or sisters in the USA. All I want is a photograph of him.

joanne taylor
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 3:00 am:   

Theodore Roosevelt Hughley, based at RAF Alconbury, Huntingdon in 1961, any information would be gratefully received x

Gary Rourke
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 5:09 am:   

I am a GI baby born Febuary 1954 in Margate Kent UK. Father based at Manston. Mothers name Jean Elliott. Only name I have is either Walter or Walters. Didn't find out about my
natural father until I was 50. Always senced there was something missing in my life. If anyone can give me any information please email: porky_pom@windowslive.com thank you for reading this

Gary Rourke
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 5:09 am:   

I am a GI baby born Febuary 1954 in Margate Kent UK. Father based at Manston. Mothers name Jean Elliott. Only name I have is either Walter or Walters. Didn't find out about my
natural father until I was 50. Always senced there was something missing in my life. If anyone can give me any information please email: porky_pom@windowslive.com thank you for reading this

Art. H.Garza jr.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 6:26 pm:   

I am trying to locate the son of my Father. He was stationed in Germany post WWII. I was told this information after my Father passed away. I don't believe my Father ever had any contact with his child with a German woman. I believe the Birth was around 1945-1947? My Fathers name was Arturo R.Garza, and he was from Three Rivers, Texas USA. reach me by email- arthgarza@yahoo.com Thank you

S. Nigey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 9:29 am:   

Looking for my mom's father that was stationed around Bordeaux, France around 1956. My mom was born in 1957. My grandmother was Elise Fernandez.
His name is Victor Manuel Miranda Torres. We believe he was air force and was born in Puerto Rico in 1932.
Any info would be helpful. I have no clue where to start looking.

sue connolly
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 12:10 pm:   

my sisters father was in the American air force in warrington.our grandfather sent him away and my sister has never seen her biological father.she thinks his name is
peter cambell,the surname may not be spelt this way.imagine our mothers pain and shame at the time.my sister has never had a cuddle from him and her father also.she may have a whole new family in the states.connollysue@hotmail.co.uk

xkarlax
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 11:52 am:   

Hi I have a similar story to those of the Manston Air Base!
My dad was born was in May 1955,traced his mum and have information on his adoption. My grandma met my grandfather on a night out in Ramsgate, he was serving in the American Air Force and he was based at Manston. He was believed to have returned to the USA in 1955ish but this is not fact! His name on the adoption records was William Stephens around 20 years of age! any help would be great! karlasalvi@hotmail.co.uk

elaine.erich@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 5:38 am:   

This is a request in search of a Canadian soldier who was based either Padgate AF Camp or the Houghton Green area of Warrington Cheshire this was in 1943/44 As he was nicknamed 'Ducca' we believe the surname could have been 'Duckett' When here he befriended a lady called Doris Jackson (nee Adcroft) Audrey who was born in November 1944 believes her father did know of her and came when she was a young girl to try to see her. Audrey would dearly love to know who her family are somewhere in Canada? Anyone who might just remember this name and family please get in touch. elainehazel44@hotmail.co.uk

Adrian
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:48 pm:   

Looking for a child born to a world war 2 serviceman from Alabama named James Pittman. The family is fromCouterne(orne)France. Would be in there 70's. apcarp08@yahoo.com. Her last name was Beaupleh.

Allan Bantiles
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 2:09 am:   

Looking for my father Jimmie/Jimmy/James/Jim Williams who was assigned to the US Air Force and briefly stationed in MACTAN Airbase Philippines from 1966-1967. i am not looking for citizenship or money and have accomplished everything I have wanted to do except meet or get to know this man. unfortunately my mother passes away and was unable to give me any information except that he was from Alabama. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Even if he has passed away if any of you know him I would like to hear of it.

Cheryl Meixner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:11 pm:   

Looking for Male twins born in Japan, late 1940's or early 50's. Their father was my uncle. Charles Mead Stewart from Detroit, Michigan. He was in the army and was also in Korea. He may have married their mother with out permission of his commanding officer.

Cheryl Meixner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:04 pm:   

Looking for female cousin,may be named Sarah, Victoria or both. Her father was William F. Stewart from Detroit Michigan. He was a paratrooper in WWII. May have been stationed near Leicester, England. I have a photo of the girl and her grandmother at about age 1.

David Barnett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 5:06 am:   

ALTRINCHAM CHESHIRE 1944. I am the son of DOREEN BARNETT who lived on REGENT ROAD, I was never told about my Father it was kept a secret from me. I have recently found out that he may have been stationed in Dunham Park or in Altrincham. My Mother used to go dancing at the Stamford Hall. I would love to know my Father's name and did he survive the war.

karl
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 4:32 am:   

Hello, I would like to trace any relatives of my father Leonard Day Gildens, he was stationed in Aalen Germany 1945/1946 and served with the US Military Government. I have very little information about him other than an official letter from a German Solicitor stating that he was my father, the letter is dated Aug 1948.I am now 67 years old and would very much like to know of him.
Karl Watson

brianleslie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 6:04 am:   

looking for my U.S. father who had a friendship with Elsie Bagot 1944/1945 he was based at Warton airbase in Lancashire England during ww2

David Barnett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 12:15 pm:   

David BARNETT is searching for his Father, an American Seviceman stationed in Altrincham Cheshire in 1944. His Mother Doreen never told David about his Father but he recently found out by tracing family tree in ancestry.com

Robert Curtis Barnett sharp
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2013 - 12:27 pm:   

Hi trying to find my father curtis western brown based at crookham common ,I was born oct 1952 mothers name Anne she was at the travellers friend public house.

Fiona Doran
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 3:35 am:   

Hello, I am trying to help my Mother find her american father. My Grandmother Madge Kelly, could not remember his last name,a long name perhaps Polish, his first name was Charles "Chuck" My grandmother, originally from Ireland, was living in Leicestershire and met Charles from the 82nd Airbourne Division,505th Parachute regiment based in Quorn, Leicestershire. He was from Indiana, an only child who loved his dog and a fighter pilot. The last time she seen him was November 1944.She had not heard from him in a while and went to the base Feb 1945 to let him know of her pregnancy and she was told that he had been shot down over Holland. This is the only information we have when my Grandmother became pregnant, her family in Ireland took her back to Ireland and placed her in a Magdelene Laundry a very harsh place she had a traumatic experience for the 18 months she was detained there. I know there is little to go on but if any one can help us we would very much appreciate it.

Lisa Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 2:15 pm:   

Hi, I am looking for my grandfather, my fathers real father? He was from the us Air Force based at manston Kent UK in 1954, my grandmother would of met him around Aug 1954! She is called M.Miller & my father Stephen. I don't have much info to go by but I Do no he tried to make contact several times! He was or still is from Ohio USA! & his surname may of had a polish sound to it? If any can help or guild me in the right direction this would be great. My email, minimiller2@hotmail.co.uk

Lulu
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 2:15 pm:   

I am looking for my mothers father who was stationed at Burtonwood near Warrington around 1943-45. His name was Philip Perrone and we believe was he was a mechanic. After leaving Burtonwood he went to France but nothing is know after this. He had a relationship with my Grandmother and had a daughter on 15 April 1945, he would have know her as Maria Edwina Kilburn. Any news or help would be much appreciated, mum doesn't want to cause any hurt, just find out if she has any siblings or other family members

Sarah Bennett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2013 - 6:26 am:   

I am looking for my biological grandfather. His name is William Sumner and we believe he has lived in Kansas, USA at least for some part of his life
He was based in Swansea during World War Two and had a relationship with my grandmother, Barbara Way.
Any information would be great

lindaburson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:51 pm:   

GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

rebecca_subior
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 7:18 am:   

DEar sir/madam
my name is Geonica dela cruz,im writing to inquire about the best way to contack my american father. im 18 yrs old and have never seen him.my life is not complte without seeing him
My father is George Clark Mc Hose
he is 65 yrs old now with birthdate november 7 1947
he has several addresse ,one beeing Venice california,another is Marina del ray
my grand parents are Gerry and Esther Mc Hose
im waiting for ur responce
pls help me
using my frnd Email Geonica Dela Cruz

Angela Piper
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 8:48 am:   

Hi I am trying to contact a William Davis . He was based at Burtonwood , warrington around 1945 - He dated Gladys Speakman from Wigan and they had a child Gloria (My mum) born in 1946.He paid maintenance regularly until she was 21 ,but sadly lost contact

Virginia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 2:12 am:   

Please if anyone knows of this man my email is virginiahoffman47@yahoo.com/if its you dad Please contact me i would like to know you.

Virginia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 2:05 am:   

Hello im trying to find my father in USA .He came to visit SWAZILAND in the 80's had a child called Virginia on 20 March 1980 with a Swazi woman Ehtel Dlamini ,His name was Dan North. and disappeared

Poonam
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 3:19 pm:   

Help, I've been iofrnmed and I can't become ignorant.

Rafael
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2012 - 10:25 pm:   

Dear Santa Claus, Hi its Emma and I am really exeticd for Christmas but not because of the toys .okay maybe just a little but that doesn't matter right now. Thank you for rememberingme every year. Could you maybe say Hi to your reindeers, the elves, and Mrs. Claus and please give her a BIG HUG from me. I don't need to tell you what I want because you already know what I want for Christmas. Please help yourself to the eggnog in the frig and the cookies will be by the fireplace. Be SafeLoveEmma

Masami
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 5:39 am:   

Yes it's a frame with glass in it I just took out the aplhabet house "art" and put some fbaric and embellishments behind the glass instead.

elainehazeldine
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 1:53 pm:   

I am trying to get a message to Eleanor Northcott if you see this Ellie please contact me on my e-mail: elaine.erich@hotmail.co.uk

elainehazeldine
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 11:05 am:   

Here is my e-mail address for anyone wanting to find their fathers/grandfathers who were stationed at Burtonwood AFB
elaine.erich@hotmail.co.uk

bush870
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 1:09 pm:   

Hi, I'm looking for my mums dad! He was an American soldier based in Manston, Kent post WW2. He was with my Nan, Mary Wood (nee Moan) around 1954 - 1956 until he was sent back to the US shortly after my Mum, Elizabeth Ann Wood was born. My Nan was originally from London but lived in Margate. If anyone can help, please drop me an email in bush870@hotmail.com.

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 12:36 pm:   

GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

D smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 4:27 pm:   

GI based at burtonwood warrington 1942 to 1945 dated girl from newton le willows name Elaine smith she had a baby boy the GI knew this before going back home to his family this is when Elaine found out he was married not much to go on can anyone help anything how little you might think it is just might be the key

Mich
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 5:30 am:   

hello I am looking for my father who has worked before at Clark Air Base Pampanga, Philippines who's name is David Ross. My name is Michelle and I was born on May 9, 1987. All I know is that my father and all the other Air force team evacuated from Philippines when the mount Pinatubo erupted on June 15, 1991 and my mother could not find him anymore after that. This is all I know about him and I'm really having a hard time looking for him due to lack of info... I hope someone could help me. please email me @ pret172004@yahoo.com
Thank you!

brad smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 12:11 pm:   

Hello ,

My name is Brad and I am searching for my mother's father who was an American G.I stationed in Maidstone, Kent in 1943 - 44. My mother was born in November 1944. The only piece of information I have is his first name was Reg. Very liitle to go on I know! Apparently not too many American soldiers where deployed in Maidstone during 1943 and I wondered if you knew where I could find a list of American soldiers deployed in Maidstone? Many thanks for any help or advice you maybe able to give.

Kind regards, Brad.

jayc
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 12:13 am:   

im looking for my father i not know much about him just that he worked or works for the navy. and that he left on a ship and that was the last of him. i dont know his name or anything oh just that hes also american. i was like one when he left and i just wont to know who he is and why didnt he come back for his little girl. well im 18 now.

Eleanor northcott
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 1:05 pm:   

I am trying find my father from America. I don't see him when I was 2year old until now. My father name is michael kevin northcott. I would love to see my father. My name is Eleanor Lorraine northcott. All I know about him is he was in the Portsmouth navy, and now he is living in america, he has a son and married to a lawyer.

Gary Mark Clark
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 10:31 am:   

I am trying to trace my biological father his name is Bobby Gene Potter or Robert Gene Potter, he was from Virginia USA. His airforce number is 13553500. He was stationed at RAF Sculthorpe, Norfolk, England around the year 1958 as this was the year he met my mother Lynda Waters from Gaywood,King's Lynn Norfolk and I was conceived.
If anyone knows or has any information on him, I would be really grateful to hear from you

anthnystewart
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 10:17 pm:   

Hello my name is Anthony Oniel Stewart McFarlane, im trying to find my father his name is joshep wayne stewart i never met him but i will love to hi was married to my mother monica maritza macfarlane walker. and working for the us goverment here around 1979 and 1983. i got his ssn i got it from some papers my got have but nothing else please help me. my email adress is onielmcfarlane@gmail.com thank you

pmayyork@aol.com
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 3:34 pm:   

Trying to find my Irish/American father he was called John Rynne b.1920-1930-he met my mother when she worked in a NAAFI in Gloucestershire in 1951- her name was Winnie Williams. He may have been in US army/airforce. She has passed away and told me very little-any info-were you a relative or did you know him?please help thankyou Pauline pmayyork@aol.com

brenda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 8:42 am:   

hi . am looking for my husband's American father who was stationed at RAF Manston in the 50's .His name is JOHN RUNDY and came from Manhatten Island. My husband's mother was Doreen Cox and she was 18 in 1953 when Stephen was born , we also know JOHN RUNDY went back to the US and worked for the Port Authority . If anyone can help us we would be very gratefull plz contact brendamarsh54@hotmail.com

Brenda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 8:36 am:   

hi . am looking for my husband's American father who was stationed at RAF Manston in the 50's .His name is JOHN RUNDY and came from Manhatten Island. My husband's mother was Doreen Cox and she was 18 in 1953 when Stephen was born , we also know JOHN RUNDY went back to the US and worked for the Port Authority . If anyone can help us we would be very gratefull.

sharon kay marion kiely
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 2:13 am:   

Hi i am a g.i baby born to a american service man who was stationed in kent either in 1953 or 1954 who was seeing my mother ursula johnson from westgate on sea kent. I was born sharon kay marion johnson but later my surname changed to kiely i would be very grateful to any information relateing this as i have been trying to locate my biological father for many years my e.mail address is sharon.kiely08@hotmail.co.uk thank you

Maxine Bellingham
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 11:35 am:   

I have reason to believe my father was an American service man in 1944 serving around the North Shropshire area of the U.K. I believe his name may be Leslie Stevenson if you have any info please contact my daughter on the email address posted. I have been serching for a very long time and any small pieces of info would be welcome.
maxinebellingham@yahoo.co.uk

sharon.kielt08@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 8:32 am:   

I am a G.I baby born in westgate on sea Kent looking for my American father who was based in Manston RAFcam Kent . I was born on march 27 1954 and my first name is sharon i do believe my father was looking for me if you have any information please e.mail me

kell4040
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2011 - 8:56 am:   

hello i am trying to find my dads father i dont have that much info but here is what i have
He was stationed at burtonwood airfield lancashire in 1944 he was an american and was a captain
he was lodging with another american at a house on bastwell road blackburn england with a lady and here young son called david aspin the billiting officer found this home for them.
he was called TEX or that could of been the other american man
he was over 6ft tall with blond hair and blue eyes he came from dallas thats all i no how could i try and find him or his family my father is 66 years old now and i would love for him to find his father please email me on kell4040@hotmail.com thanks

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: