37th Air Depot Repair Squad. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 37th Air Depot Repair Squad. « Previous Next »

Patsy Bossomo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 7:25 am:   

My father who is 95 years old, was in 37th ADG and landed in Casablanca on Dec 24, 1941. I believe the 37th was formed March/April 1942 in Macon, GA. After aircraft training here, Embry Riddle,FL Charleston, SC, etc, the 37th ADG headed to Camp Kilmer, NJ to board ship to Casablanca on Dec 12, 1941.
Early 1944, he and 6 other airmen transferred to Brindisi, Italy to another squadron/unit to train "rookies" to assemble and prepare fighter planes for engagement. In Italy, he moved around to several different units he can't remember which ones. Finally arrived back home in U.S. Dec 1945. Time passes, memory fades...

Tom Gilbert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 2:36 pm:   

Derek, My father was also in the 37th ADG and remained in Cazes Air Base for the duration of the war. Is there something specific you are looking for? Tom

lindaburson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:49 pm:   

GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

Roberta Irvin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 6:07 pm:   

I am looking for any one that served or knew my father Robert J. Burch. Served with the 379th Infantry Regiment 95th Division in the European Theatre of Operations between 1941 - 1945. He was first gunner on 50 caliber machine gun crew. He was from Marshalltown, Iowa. Thank you so much.

Dave Procaccini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:20 pm:   

Derek, The 37th ADG arrived at Capodichino Air Base is Italy in January 1944. If you contact the air forces historical research agency you should be able to get the entire 37th ADG war diary on microfilm. I may even have some of it as I am the unit historian for the 38th ADG. Send me an email at repairsquadron38@aol.com.
Dave

derek smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   

I was looking for any information I could get regarding the 37th Air Depot group repair squadron in North Africa (41-43). My uncle was in this squadron and was kia during a test flight of one of the repaired planes. No body was found and was buried in the North Africa Cemetery. If you know of any information you would like to share, my e-mail is ksmith804@att.net.
Thanks so much,

Derek

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: