GI baby looking for biological father... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » GI baby looking for biological fathers family « Previous Next »

Kerstin v. Freytag
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2014 - 12:31 pm:   

Does anybody know the name John Lyerly Taft of Asheville, North Carolina, who has been stationed in Japan around 1960? At that time he probably was about 45 to 50 years old.
Thank you for help
Vivian
KvFL@gmx.de

Sally veal
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 1:56 pm:   

I am looking for information on American soldiers stationed in beakes road, smethwick, Staffordshire in winter 44-45. I believe my grandad was an Italian-American stationed there but the only person who knew his name has forgotten. My Nan's name was Nellie veal. He knew she was pregnant but got shipped out before my dad was born in November 1945. If anyone knows any way of finding records of names I would be grateful.

AJay Bee
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 4:00 pm:   

Looking for any details of air serviceman based at NEWBURY, BERKSHIRE UK until 1951/52 then moved on to YORK UK before returning back to the states where he had a wife waiting. He was involved with my mother ANNIE MAY CLEMO aged around 35-40, who was separated from her husband and had moved back to Newbury, she also followed him up to YORK sometime during or after 1952. I was born April 1952 and would early love to know if I am half American. My birth mother has passed away many years and took her secret with her although I have met my half siblings who remember the American visitor who was great fun and used to bring candy. I have no knowledge even of which Air sections used the newbury and later York facilities so any help with pointers where to ask would be helpful. I would think my father has already passed away too as I am in my 60's now :-)

Amy Goldman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 12:29 pm:   

I am an American who is a genealogist in NYC.
I think ,after reading a lot of the postings here,and trying to give some advice,this might be the easiest way to do it,as I have email's returned to me as undeliverable.
If you are looking for an American serviceman, one of the best things to do is to send for a copy of their military records. If you google the National Archives Records Administration (aka NARA),there is a part of it that gives info on how to send for their records for a very small cost. You just fill in the form with as much info as you do have ,and where it asks who you are in reference to the person, just put granddaughter or daughter, or whatever.A military record can also include details of medical treatment, pensions, relatives, addresses etc. It's worth try.also try a google search on line for Military Reunions. Put in a search ,for instance, US Army Battalion 543 at Zanzibar the years 1945-47.whatever time frame you are interested in.

katrin ploegaerts
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 2:40 am:   

LOOKING FOR AMERICAN SOLDIER who was in LEOPOLDSBURG BELGIUM at the end of WW2 : HERBERT JEVERNNY

looking for this American soldier who was at the end of the war 1944-45 in Belgium. He had a relationship with Emma Peeters. her parents had "cafe De Ster" in Leopoldsburg. Rosette is the child from their relationship. Rosette is looking for her biological father or his relatives . in attachment picture of the couple Maybe the name can differ from Jevernny but that is what we think it is
please contact me , it's urgent!
katrin.ploegaerts@gmail.com
0032475 926 508\
popjpeg{774,picture of herbert}

ianthe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 9:54 pm:   

I am looking for my grandfather, Jack Edward, He was stationed in the Philippines. My grandmother (Magdalena) met him during world war ii and they have a child together and i am desperately looking for him for my mother'a sake.
My email address is ianthe39@yahoo.com
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Terry Ashton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 1:47 am:   

I am trying to find the family of a Canadian soldier who was stationed in Croydon Surrey during WW2 and fell in love with my great aunt Cissie (real name Civia) Segal who worked at a munitions factory in Cherry Hill Road, Croydon, Surrey. Cissie died in 1945

Billy Fury
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 10:35 am:   

I wonder if there is anybody who was stationed at Burtonwood, AFB, Warrington, Merseyside, England circa 1955-56 who could help me with the following.
I am trying to piece my history together as to who my birth father might be.
I know very little to assist with this task as the information I have is very limited.
I believe that my birth father served at Burtonwood circa 1955/56.
It seems from what I have learned that after his engagement to my birth mother he was then sent back to the states as it turned out he was already married.
The issue is that I believe that he was Court - Martialed at Burtonwood and that he was also involved in a court case outside of the military Court - Martial.
I am informed that the Major Newspapers were on this case both at the base and at my birth mothers home.
I believe that all this kicked off around November to Christmas time 1955.

Bo Bailey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 1:14 pm:   

Searching for a girl born in/around Brisbane,Australia in 1945 or 1946.Father: Maynard Bailey,captain and dentist,US Army,577th Quartermaster Battalion,New Guinea.Took occasional leave and stayed at the Yale apartments,Brisbane.Mother:Name uncertain.May have been Virginia March or Veronica Mapes.Probably a nurse in the Australian Womens Army Service or Australian Army Medical Service.May have gone back to Sydney, Australia at the end of WW2.

Catherine Messier
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 10:29 pm:   

My Uncle Joseph Marques from Massachusetts told me that he had fathered a son with a German woman by the name of Julia Hamm…the child's name was William or Villam…he mentioned something about an area called Kempten near the Austrian border…I would like to be able to find my cousin. Any information would be most appreciated.

Ray Buckland
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 1:25 pm:   

I was a war child, born in February 1944. My father was an American GI based in London. I don't have a name, but it has been suggested that it may have been Ray Pure (pronounced 'poor'). Does anyone have any idea how I can trace which US units were based in London in 1943-44?

kelley villines bradley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 12:08 pm:   

My Grandfather was stationed in Germany and France during WWII. It has been rumored that he has a daughter born in France. ARTHUR TRAVIS VILLINES is his full name. If anyone has any information please contact me at: kelleybradley1977@yahoo.com I know its a long shot and we don't have much information to start from. However we would like to find answers if possible.

Lesley White
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 5:06 am:   

My neighbour, England UK asked me to post for her. This is what she wrote:
World War Two. Can anyone help me please in finding my G.I. father who was in the Military Police, in the 30th Infantry Division, Tennessee National Guard? He was stationed in West Sussex England around the Chichester area. My birth Mother was known as Florence (Florrie) Chatsfield and lived at "Homeleigh" Nutbourne Chichester.
I was born on the 19th February 1945 and would like to find out what happened to my G.I. father when he returned to America after the war.
I do not have his name. He knew of the pregnancy and his mother did write to Florrie some time later however there is no other info. I am female. Does this info mean anything to you?
I have a list of the 72 men who were in his Division and someone has offered to go through this list and help with that. Thanks for reading.

Jacqui lambert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 2:11 am:   

I would love to know who my American Grandfather is My Nana lived in Manchester, got Engaged, got Pregnant with my Mum ,he was then sent back to America because he was Married,we are not bitter about this but would love any information from anyone all we now is his name might be Bruce, my Nana was called IVY Fricker.my mum was born Jan 1946.

Amanda Jones
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:23 am:   

Looking for relatives of my Grand Father. He was a U.S airman stationed in Burtonwood England in 1945, name of Everett Hogue (nick name Eddie). He knew he had a son but returned to America when the war ended.He was last living in Arizona and married to Elvia, but I believe has since died.

Aubrey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 9:55 pm:   

looking for my biological father Aubrey Lane, stationed in the Philippines between years 1968-72,met my mom Josefina...I was born 1970...also looking for my godfather Kenneth Lane knew my dad...any help is greatly appreciated

Rosita Link
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 9:46 pm:   

Mom and her whole family went to Kaserne in Mannheim to find Stan and this is where they found out he is married and has a family somewhere in or near Tulsa, Oklahoma. His age should be somewhere around 75 to 80 years of age probably born 1936. I found out this information from the man I thought was my father upon the death of my mother. Mom gave me her family last name when I was born so my name was Rosita Renate Magin but my last name got changed from Magin to Warren. My married name is Rosita Renate Link. Please someone help...Thank you (Part 2of 2)

Rosita Link
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2014 - 9:45 pm:   

I am the daughter of Stanley Parker who was stationed in Mannheim at the Kaserne called Käfertal around 1958 to 1960... Stanley and my mom Regina Emilie Magin meet around 1959 in March, mom lived in Ludwigshafen. Mom was 18 years old at the time and was 19 by the time of my birth on December 20, 1959. I found out that Stanley Parker also nicknamed Stan has red hair, when mom told Stan that she was pregnant he took off and she never heard from him again. (Part1 of 2)

Kevan Daykin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:22 am:   

Looking for my husband's father. He was a Canadian air forceman and based near Catterick, Yorkshire UK in 45/46. He returned to Canada in spring of 46. Believe he had 6 sisters and black curly hair. We have sketchy evidence on his name. Think it was Bruce "Wand...." or maybe Frank Petelle. He was originally from Montreal. Not sure if he knew he fathered a son born Oct 46 called Kevan Francis.

Valerie Ann Jones
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 6:26 pm:   

my name is Valerie Ann Jones, Some years ago i lost
touch with my biological father James Mayers and his
wife Laurie,and many half siblings.I desperately
want to find them. My dad was stationed near Romsey
Hampshire England. I believe a brother James served in Vietnam. can anyone help please?

Momjj2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 8:29 pm:   

Looking for my biological father. His name is Jerry D Wright. He was stationed in Frankfort in 1965. Once they were expecting, they married in 1966 and had me at Ft. Sill OK in May 1966. They divorced in 1969. My birth certificate shows my current dad, which must mean he adopted me and my original BC is sealed. No photos or other info. Found all this out after both parents died. Just looking for info on him and family history. Thanks!

Kerryanne Gill
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 3:28 pm:   

Hi,
I'm trying to find a man my grandmother once knew, but have very few details, other than his name was something like Cleo, or Kleo (or something similar), he was a Native American soldier stationed in Romford, England around 1944(possibly in the airforce at Birch Airfield, but I'm not sure of this), and was friends with my grandmother, Edna James, who at the time had two small children.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Laura Lorenzetti
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 12:15 pm:   

I am looking for a brother born to an American officer,Major Joseph DeStefano during or possibly just before WW 2 in Italy .

David Flan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 8:57 am:   

I am trying to find out about my biological father. Possible surname of Fawley, he was an American serving at Burtonwood Airbase in 1944 (I was born in August 1945).
My mother's name was Geraldine Flint.
Any help at all would be fantastic.
Thank you for reading this.

Brenda Spencer LaFrandre
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 12:53 am:   

looking for half brother born in korea 1951 father a marine from florida pete spencer
also looking for boyfriends biological father a gi stationed in hawaii 1943 possibly named joe alberts from pennsylvania

E A M
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 8:40 am:   

I am a daughter looking for my biological father. I was born in Dagenham, England in early April 1943. My biological mother's name was Barbara Brook. She was assigned women's war work duty in Dagenham area as an "aircraft works inspectress" approximately between 1941 and 1945. At the time I was born, she lived on 'White Barn Lane" in Rotham, Dagenham area. Have taken DNA tests with a few companies and father may be U.S. serviceman or British serviceman. Some possible surnames of father are Townsend, Thompson, or Johnson. Thompson and Johnson come up fairly frequently in my genetic match lists. Whoever the father was, he would have had to have been with Barbara in summer of 1942. Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Shelton Buchanan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 8:07 pm:   

Recently found out my grandfather, Tom Price, fathered twin boys with a Japanese woman while he was stationed in Japan as an MP for the Army/Air Force after the war. He passed in 2005 so I sadly don't have him around to use for information. Currently not sure where he was stationed, but working on that. He was a tall (6'3") farm boy from north Georgia, so I'm hoping the twins would have stood out a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 3:09 pm:   

Magali searching for a chuck colman can you please email me, i have found a gi with the same name and was wondering if you have seen this one, lin

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 9:47 am:   

We have lots of members searching for their American Fathers Grandfathers etc, if you Father was in the American forces during WW2 onwards an know or think he may have fathered a child while in the service, please contact me as i will do my best to help you search

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 9:44 am:   

GI & Family International Search Facebook Group is set up for the sole purpose of allowing like minded people to talk casually or seriously and so offer self-help, support and
assistance about searching for GI fathers and their families, or for GI fathers and their families to talk about searching for long lost off-spring. Membership is approved by the group's current members but it is not restricted to the above criteria. Anyone who feels that they have something they can contribute can join. The Group includes external parties who have an interest in helping those searching and may have experience in other areas which may be of help

Our group has many German speaking members. Our Facebook Group has quite a few researchers and helpers in the UK, Europe, USA, Germany and Canada that are helping others around the world who are searching for their GI Dad and the siblings their GI Dad left behind.

jennie gulliver
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 8:25 am:   

I will be 70 next month and at 62 found out that I was adopted...born in England on Feb 23, 1944.
Family moved to Canada in '52. Have located birth mothers family in NZ. Understand my father was and American soldier in England in 1943 and my birth mother was Kathleen Clara Watkinson, born 1918 , a nurse. My birth fathers name believed to be Leo Cafferty (sp) I am assuming Leo is dead but might have family who knew of him having a child in England.

Jean Chambers
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:06 am:   

Hi I am searching for a WW11 Vet.Tech Sgt. from Texas by the name of James McCullough (or similar spelling). In 1943/44 he was based in the UK in Plymouth, Devon where he met my mother Molly Knott who was then in the ATS. I understand his own father may have also been the US Forces at this time.Any info or link would be helpful.

David Barnett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 2:31 am:   

ALTRINCHAM CHESHIRE, 1944, My Mother DOREEN BARNETT lived on REGENT ROAD, I was born in December1944, I was never told about my American GI Father,it was kept a secret, by chance I have found that my Dad was in Altrincham maybe Dunham Park, They used to dance at the Stamford Hall. I would dearly love to know what his name was, and did he survive the war.

sarahmcevitt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 3:44 pm:   

I am looking for my father A Black GI stationed in Burtonwood in the 1950s , his name could be either Alfred or Albert Barnes and has a sister called Myra if you could be help email me at smcevitt@hotmail.com

Jo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:02 pm:   

My father said that while stationed in France during WWII, he fathered a child. He did not know any details and did go back to try to find the child, but couldn't find the women he had gotten pregnant. My father was a US army man from Philadelphia. If anyone is seeking to find their biological father from Philadelphia, my father was born in 1925 and his child in France would have been born in 1945 or 46 I am guessing.

Simone Lawson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 12:57 pm:   

Hi there. Am searching for my Grandfather who was stationed in London 1943. My mother "Maureen" was born in May 1944. We have limited information but believe his name was "Jackson" from Texas, he was married and visited my mother after her birth. Thanks.

Marg Hiller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 5:01 am:   

Has anyone heard the name Mildred Davies (maybe Muriel Davies)? I believe my father was a US or Canadian serviceman in or near Manchester UK during 1948. Many went dancing at Chorlton Palais. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JuanChairesBecerra
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 4:41 pm:   

My uncle, Domingo Trevino, Jr. from Texas had children by a French woman during WWII. One son visited Texas to see him but he had already died. I am looking for his children who live in France. If you know of them please let me know. Much appreciated.

Linda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2013 - 11:10 am:   

Looking for daughter of C.L. Johnson. He was stationed in England in early 40's.He was a white GI.

magali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 8:46 am:   

I'm looking for information on Chuck Coleman. He was born in 1919 or 1920
in February 1944 he was in Algeria,then it is part of ITALY. He was apparently LT U.S. Air Force
Apparently his family had a business in USA with many trucks?
thank you for helping me in my research. I would like to find descendants. Chuck coleman is my great biological father
thank you

J Nonnemaker
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 5:30 pm:   

My Grandfather James (Jimmie) Nonnemaker had a child while he was in the Army during WWII in the Philippines 1942-43. He was told the child's name was Caroline Nonnemaker (with his last name) after his sister. He was sent back to the states about a month before the baby was born. He's never seen photos of the baby but was told she was born in the Army hospital in Rosario, La Union (?). The mother's name best guess is Concepcion minanjomeo (?) and went by Siony “sunny”. She was of Philippine and Chinese decent. I also think she has a sister working in Washington DC at the time? I’m sure some of these are best guess.

Nathalie Snyder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 11:08 am:   

My Name is Nathalie Coleman Born April 1 1955 in Bordeaux France
I am looking for my biological father. His name is William coleman born may 20 1926 in Washington. He was stationed at Camp Bussac near Bordeaux France between 1953-1955 where he met my mother Renee marie Louise Daude. I have never met my father and would love the opportunity to.
any information would help and would be appreciated. nathalie@rpbhotels.com

Malinda Richardson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 9:23 am:   

This a long shot because I really do not have that much information. I'm searching for relatives of my biological grandfather. I believe he passed away in the 50s but was stationed in Okinawa Japan and possibly in the Air Force. I also think his last name was Johnson but i could be wrong. My grandmother was Okinawan and gave birth to my mother October 9, 1951. She is half Okinawan and half African American. My grandfather, her father may have been mixed as well but I'm not sure. My grandmothers name was Yoshiko Taira and my moms name is Etsuko. My grandfather may have had a brother in the service as well. I know this is a longshot because I really do not have anymore information but maybe somebody reading this will know something. Thanks and good luck to you all!

Lorna Dodman was Roberts
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 5:36 am:   

Looking for information on a USAF MP Richard Maclaine (may be spelt differently) was stationed in Sulthorpe Norfolk Enland sometime in 1961 to 1964.
Was friendly with my mother Ann Price, her brothers names were Ian & David her father was serving in the RAF Norfolk.
Any information or his wear abouts would be very much appreciated Thank you

wilfredo williams
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 9:17 pm:   

im looking for my father named james c williams a us navy was assigned in the philippines during peace time around 1950.he got married to my mother melania c rosales;i hope i still have some relatives alive.

BabsUK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:17 am:   

Looking for information on my African American dad (deceased)who was based near Ipswich Suffolk UK in 1943 to 1944. His name is Brooks M Byrd and he was born in Accomack VA but resident in Philadelphia. if you know any information please email me, Thanks

becreyna
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 10:42 pm:   

I just found out that my father may have fathered a child in the Philippines during WWII, he was stationed in different Islands, so don't know where to start looking for his son. My father passed away 11 years ago - his name was Juan C. Reyna - he was a medic - I'd like to know my half brother and his story. If anyone has any info please pass it on... The child is now in late 60's or early 70's? and may have been or is a Doctor.

Susan Jowsey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 1:40 am:   

Looking for my father(L.J.)Laurence? Smith (Smithy)served HMS Collingwood UK circa 1945 , believed to be a sergent in the US Marines. Posted to France at end of war before returning to USA. Also known to have a brother serving in France, who sustained shrapnel injuries, at that time. Known friends at the time.... CARTER & SIBBERMAN .

brian Ireland
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 6:32 am:   

did your father or grandfather serve with the U.S. airforce during ww2 at warton airbase in lancashire in the UK 1944/45 if so did he have a friendship with an Elsie Bagot

fusia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 9:02 pm:   

I am looking for my friend Katherine Brampton she was adopted in 1951 in London, England. Her mother was a mrs leming and her father was a American gi who either was posted away or left without knowledge of the baby. I realise the information is vague however if anyone reading this knows of anyone stationed near or around London or your a GI who knows this woman please contact me thanks fusia1@hotmail.co.uk

Bob Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 7:31 pm:   

Looking for Frank Whitman (Miller) Born in 1966 Mannhien .

Poppy Szaybo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 12:59 pm:   

I am looking for my African American grandfather who was a GI in WW2. His name was Frederick Baker and he was originally a teacher from the southern states of america
He was stationed (I think) in Middlesbrough or in the area, he then went back to the US possibly
I would really love to find information about my grandfather, and hoping he is still alive

D. Allen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2013 - 9:21 pm:   

I am looking for my English half brother and sister possibly named Noel and Susannah. My father was an US Airman named William Allen stationed in England in the 1960s and I believe he fathered these two children while there. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it if you contact me.

lin b
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 10:37 am:   

Sungamjr and MICHELLE MCGRAW I have emailed you both but have not had a reply could you email me please thankyou linda589@hotmail.co.uk

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 8:21 am:   

GI & Family International Search Facebook Group is set up for the sole purpose of allowing like minded people to talk casually or seriously and so offer self-help, support and
assistance about searching for GI fathers and their families, or for GI fathers and their families to talk about searching for long lost off-spring. Membership is approved by the group's current members but it is not restricted to the above criteria. Anyone who feels that they have something they can contribute can join. The Group includes external parties who have an interest in helping those searching and may have experience in other areas which may be of help

Our group has many German speaking members. Our Facebook Group has quite a few researchers and helpers in the UK, Europe, USA, Germany and Canada that are helping others around the world who are searching for their GI Dad and the siblings their GI Dad left behind.

MICHELLE MCGRAW
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 5:28 pm:   

I AM LOOKING FOR A SISTER THAT WOULD BE ABOUT 60 YEARS OF AGE AND HAD THE SAME FATHER CHARLES/CHARLIE STEPANIAN. MY FATHER WAS IN NORMANDY GERMANY DURING THE WAR AND I WAS TOLD THAT HE FATHERED A DAUGHTER THERE, AND SHE HAS TRIED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM AND HE DIDNT RESPOND TO HER LETTERS. SHE LIVES IN MUNICH GERMANY. MY MOTHER IS IN A NURSING HOME AND SHE JUST TOLD US OF HER. SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN AROUND 1954-1957.

Sungamjr
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 5:03 am:   

My friend's father was a white American solider. His nickname was "B". He was a private in the Army. He was in UK during WW II and fathered a daughter. She would be over 63 years old. There is a photo so we might be able to compare. He was a "canjun".. He tried to contact his daughter on returning to USA thru the Red Cross. I do not want to give many details because I do not know who reads these articles and may be scammers. Please email to sungamjr@gmail.com

Tammy McDonald
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 1:10 am:   

Hi, I am looking for information about Thomas McDonald (Scottish soldier) with the 15/ADV BOD RAOC from 1942-1947. We believe he was stationed in Antwerp and Germany. During that time he fathered a son with a woman named Yvonne. We are trying to find more information as my father would like to meet his brother.

Gwyneth Harris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 2:31 pm:   

My partner is 68 and never knew his father, Robert Purcell - from Pennsylvania apparently. Robert Purcell was a test pilot in the American airforce who died shortly after the war in a flying accident. His son, who is also Robert, may have cousins in the US, and would like to know more about his father and his father's family. He has no photographs. Any advice or information would be appreciated. thank you!

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 4:07 am:   

Sheryl Hebert my contact email is linda589@hotmail.co.uk

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 2:36 am:   

Sheryl Hebert could you please leave a contact email..We are a group of 500 children searching for our GI Fathers, If you are on Facebook you can join our group as i am sure we can help with your search :-) GI and Family International search

Sheryl Hebert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 11:38 pm:   

Hi,I wrote a previous post about my grandfather.It was pretty vague.His name was George Hawes and he served in england and germany.He was a caucasian man from canada,and had a child with a lady in England.I dont know where he was posted what I do know is after the war he stayed and was a photographer taking pictures of the graves and sending them back home to families.If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.my grandfather also had a nickname he was called Spike.We do have a picture of this little boy so if you believe that you are him or know of him we can compare photos.thank you

TamaraDHaskins
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 - 5:05 am:   

Looking for information/records on my biological grandfather. He was stationed at Burtonwood Air Force Base at the end of WWII possibly around February/March/April 1945. My dad was born on 25 December 1945 to Helen (Nellie) Rimmer from Liverpool. My grandfather was said to be an American Pilot possibly Italian American. My father recalls the name Edward Patrick or Patrick Edward Jackson.
Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Debby Martin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:58 am:   

Just found out my father was stationed in Germany during ww2. He fathered a child, gender unknown. He was in the US Army. Year unknown. He went by the name Walter or King. I am 60 years old so I know this child would have to be in their 60's. Any info please e-mail me. Thank you

Luke Stapleton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 8:39 am:   

I am searching for info on or family of my great grandfather William McNeil who was a black american g.i. during ww2. He spent some time in south wales UK in the early 40s and had a daughter (my nan) Marlene with with my greatgrandmother Kathleen a local white girl. All we know of him is thin the early years of her her life my grandmother. Marlene Delores received letters and gifts from him and his family in USA. however it eventually stopped and no more contact came. My nan being mixed race was never mentioned nor was her black father. Somebody somewhere knows something. if youre reading this please get in touch. we have an old army photo of him. Sadly my nan Marlene is no longer with us but William has 4 grandchildren one of whom is my dad and over 12 great grandchildren of whom i am ghe eldest. We just want to know who we are and our roots. Luke Stapleton, Newport, South Wales UK. Willian was from Long Beach. lukekzss@gmail.com

Luke Stapleton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 8:36 am:   

I am searching for info on or family of my great grandfather William McNeil who was a black american g.i. during ww2. He spent some time in south wales UK in the early 40s and had a daughter (my nan) Marlene with with my greatgrandmother Kathleen a local white girl. All we know of him is thin the early years of her her life my grandmother. Marlene Delores received letters and gifts from him and his family in USA. however it eventually stopped and no more contact came. My nan being mixed race was never mentioned nor was her black father. Somebody somewhere knows something. if youre reading this please get in touch. we have an old army photo of him. Sadly my nan Marlene is no longer with us but William has 4 grandchildren one of whom is my dad and over 12 great grandchildren of whom i am ghe eldest. We just want to know who we are and our roots. Luke Stapleton, Newport, South Wales UK.

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 3:46 pm:   

Natalie please join our group you will get lots of help there as we are all searching for our GI Fathers, Grandfathers etc,GI & Family International Search on Facebook :-)

Natalie Pearson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 3:55 am:   

It would be lovely to have more info on who I am. The only information I have is my Grandparents owned land at Darra in Brisbane/Ipswich Queensland Australia. The US Army needed to utilize some of this land for their purposes to which My Grandparents agreed. My grandmother had relationships with one of the Black American US Soliders which resulted in the birth of our Mother Sept 43. Which by that date he must've been here in Nov/dec of 1942. From 1942-1945 there were 100,000 or 300,000 US Soliders here in Brisbane. The only name I have is Vivian Richards - to which I've remembered based on the west Indian cricket player. Can anyone help me out???? I'm a proud black woman of my mother but the info stops there would love to learn of our roots.love and kindness

June Williams
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 7:28 am:   

Searching for my American father who was in the american air force and based at Bovingdon Airfield UK until 1945. His name is James Brain and I believe he came from Pensylvania USA. Just looking to see a photo of him really, just to know who and where I came from, unlikely he is still alive but if he is would love to meet him if that is what he would like, and would love to know if I have any sibblings. Need to piece my life together before I depart this world

johnwastle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 7:14 am:   

Bess Check out facebook group GI & Family International Search.

bess hughes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 3:44 am:   

looking for g i father based in Lichfield in Staffordshire for a while who knew Daisy Machin during 1943. Was based all around England and sent back to America in same year.

bess hughes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 2:13 am:   

looking for biological father who new Daisy Machin during wwii in 1943 based in Lichfield barracks in Staffordshire.

Holly Powell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:35 am:   

My father's first wife died in 1953 during childbirth while he was stationed in Copenhagen, Denmark (he was in the Navy). My father (Francis "Frank" Powell) never talked about it, and he passed away several years ago, so there is still a question as to whether the child died as well, or if it was born alive (and then possibly adopted). I have the Report of the Death of An American Citizen for the mother (Lois Dean Powell), which I found on ancestry.com, but I was unable to find anything for the baby, and don't know if it was a boy or a girl.

Racquel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 9:21 am:   

Does anyone in England know of a woman named Iris who lived in or near Staffordshire or in London area who had at least one mixed race child with an African American GI. The child or children were born between April 1943 and July or August 1946.

Victoria Owen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 1:00 pm:   

Looking for a Philip who was born between March and June 1945. Mother was a nurse. Father was Justo Chavez stationed at Camp Piddlehinton.

renate
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 2:09 pm:   

I am searching for Marion Verena Sattler born March 1953. She was born to Emma Sattler. I am Renata and our mother Emma had three children: Rainer born in 1946, Renata (myself) born Oct2, 1947, and Marion Verena Sattler born March 1953. I was adopted by Americans but do not know if Marion and Rainer were also adopted. I have been searching for these sibling for the last 40 yrs. Thanks for any and all info.

Diane
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 4:25 pm:   

I am searching for the children of two sisters who lived in London during WWII. One of the sisters was mixed race because her father was a black GI from WWI. The other was not mixed race. One of these sisters was named Joyce. They used to go to Burton on Trent, Staffordshire to visit two African American GIs camped there. One of those GIs was my father. One of the sisters had at least one child with my father. The child's name I believe was Iris, born in London possibly 1943.

GC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 2:14 am:   

Hi, I'm trying to find out which regiments(?) were stationed around/in Binfield, Berkshire, England in early 1942 and anyone who remembers Eleanor Roberts (or Dorothy Roberts)

gi search
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 5:24 pm:   

Dear GI Father or Family of,
I honestly and whole heartedly mean no upset or harm to you and your family, I strongly believe you to be part of my family too.
I am not here to judge, your father served his country and was a long way from home, in a different age and never knew what tomorrow would bring, they would and may have taken comfort where they could, this did not mean they were disrespectful to women or to any family they had to leave behind in their own country...I do not hold any anger or hostility to any of these men or to your father, they lived and survived the best way they could under terrible circumstances and pressure... who knows what any of our actions would be if we thought the next day was our last.
I have searched for many years for clues on my biological Father/Grandfather, . I am not looking for any financial gain; I would like to know the part of my roots that are missing ,
Kind regards a veterans Son, Daughter or Grandchild

lin burson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 5:08 pm:   

Message for josie, searching for joseph ott, please join GI & Family international search on facebook, you have lots of info and i am sure 1 of our members will be able to locate him for you ,best wishes

josie d 45
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 1:21 pm:   

contact me if you have any info on joseph ott GI stationed at tewkesbury ashchurch army depot 1943 1945 in one of ordnance companys 880th MVA ORD age approx 30.family german naturalised americans from new york long island city mabe or new jersey.he is known to be my biological father want some closure for me and my family. my name is linda daniels dob 24-may 1945.genuine need.

bernard Andrew
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:28 am:   

Hi looking for my biological father. He had a relationship in England with Hilda Meier a German lady living near Oxford around 1952/4 and fathered me in April 1954. Any information would be gratefully received, I only know his first name was Johnny an African American Gi who also knew Archie Andrew a West indian living in England and my German Aunt Erna mMier

Sharon Fisher
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 7:15 am:   

My name is Sharon Maxine Grace Fisher (Morse ) I am searching for a GI Walt Haynes . He was stationed at Chelveston AFB approx 1955-1957. I was born 6th March 1957, and have 2 photos of Walt holding me. He also was part of ground crew and a pitcher for the Chelveston cowboys baseball team. This is where he met my mum Shirley who was a cashier on the base. Anyone out there with any information please contact me on my email address:- goonerbirdz76@yahoo.co.uk Thank you.

lin burson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 6:23 am:   

lin burson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 3:08 am:   

Bill Tucker.......Searching for The Family of American G.I. Bill Tucker WW2 linda589@hotmail.co.uk

lin burson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 3:57 pm:   

Julie i am 1 of the Admins for G,I & Family search, I along with our 300x members are looking for our G.I's Fathers, you are very welcome to join us, We are a friendly group with a lot of helper's that can guide you on your search, you can find us on Facebook :-) G.I & Family International Search

Lesley Pace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 10:21 am:   

I'm looking for info on any GIs posted in the area of Reading Berkshire around late 1942 early 1943.Did you know a Peggy Pace she would have been around 22,she was married though we think it was around this time he was missing thought dead.She would have been living with her mother and father,sister Jean,brother Bob their name was Stannett,they often invited GIs back for dinner etc after meeting them in local pub Merry Maidens.Or maybe you met her when she lived with her husbands family in Cheshire? I was born in October 1943 and called Lesley irene Pace,and although her husbands name is on my birth certicate I was told when my mother died in 1964 that he wasn't my father,and after years of dead ends i have been told he was possible a GI.Any help info on my mother would also be lovely to hear.please email at joslin_uk@yahoo.co.uk

T.A.Sweeney
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 1:46 pm:   

Hi wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to find some info on my grandfather. As far as we are aware he was based at Burtonwood and was known as George Washington-smith, his daughter Maureen was born in 1945 and according to the letters my grandmother received he was aware of Maureen. My grandmothers name was Julia Donnelly and it seems they wrote to each other. My grandmother lived in the Dovecot area of Liverpool and had a sister Mary who she was very close to. we would welcome any advice this is the first site we have visited. Many thanks

Mary O'Day McComb
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 6:59 am:   

I am looking for a possible sister from WW11, when my father Edward J. O'Day was stationed near London. He recently passed away and we found photos that indicate that he may have fathered a child with Doreen Howe. The Child's name may have been Anne O'Day. We also believe that Anne may have married Donald Anderson during the mid to late 60s at Covent Garden, according to a newspaper clipping from the Springfield, Massachusetts USA paper. Please contact me if you have any information.

Mary O'Day McComb

Rolly Seguin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2013 - 10:40 pm:   

looking for TWIN BOYS of ROCKY CROCCO(b1922d1945)TWIN BOYS would be born in 1945....
during the war he got a girl pregnant she gave birth to TWINS BOYS in 1945.during.WWII.war was over when he died..He was in the LINCOLN & WELLAND REGIMENT R.C.I.C. Lance Corporal he is from ONTARIO,CANADA
His family would love to meet the twins or even to talk to them,Rocky parents are Francesco Crocco & Angelina Cosco...his sister is still alive and would love a picture or contact with her two NEPHEWS the TWIN boys ...

Julia Hubbard
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 6:26 am:   

I am registered with NORCAP. Just recieved an email statin that they are to cease to exist from the 22nd Feb. They have attached form for re registration to the Adoption Contact Register with the GRO. ANYONE ELSE BEEN INFORMED.?? Yes another fee of £15 is required. All I need to know if this is correct. THANK YOU. Julia

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 4:06 pm:   

Elaine we have a lot of German members looking for thrir fathers, please have a look at our facebook group or join us to make a search post GI & Family International Search...linda589@hotmail.co.uk

Elaine
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2013 - 2:36 pm:   

I am looking for half brother and/or sister that my father "fathered" while stationed in Germany. He was in Hanover,Germany from 1952 - 1958.
His name was Henry Alfred Dennill, Canadian Private in the Medical Corps.
Please contact me if you are looking for your father.

Julia Hubbard
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 6:41 am:   

Did you serve with the Air Force approx. 1940/43 at Biggin Hill or Gravesend etc. Were you billeted at Lord Darnleys Estate or the Inn on the Lake. Did you Know Doreen PRIOR from Gravesend. There was a daughter!!

roylever
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 5:28 pm:   

Looking for any relations of French-Canadian serviceman in Manchester UK in 1945. My biological father in a relationship with my mother Agnes May Gough

Terry Ashton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 6:33 pm:   

I am looking for a Canadian soldier who was in love with my great aunt, Civia (Cissie) Segal, during the second world war in Croydon, UK. I am her great neice. My gt aunt worked in a munitons factory at Cherry Hill Rd in Croydon.

lindaburson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 5:05 pm:   

GI & Family International Search , searching for fathers WW2 onwards
Are you searching for a GI father? Do you have a British, American or Canadian father? Are you the child of a serviceman searching for a child he left behind? We are here to help, we are searching for our Military fathers from WWII to the present day. to join the group, you can go to the Facebook

lin burson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 1:52 pm:   

karen owen, i also am searching for my G.I grandfather, i am a member of a facebook group of friends that are also searching for their G.I fathers..i feel you will get lots of help off our group as you have a lot of info..i will post you the link.....GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

lin burson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 1:49 pm:   

Karen Owen have you seen this link ? On Final Approach: Recollections of a World War II B-17 Air Crew by Edward C. Carr, 2002. ISBN: 0972117806. Ed Carr flew 35 missions, this book is about his crew and their missions with the 381st and is a great addition to the 381st library.

Sharon Wimmer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 11:15 pm:   

Ich suche -John (R ?) Powell (minimum) von 1964 bis 1966 in Fürth/ Bayern in einer der US Kasernen dort stationiert. Im Dezember ´66 oder Anfang ´67 wurde er versetzt. Er müsste jetzt ca 65- 70 Jahre alt sein. Er ist sehr groß (ca 2m) und schlank. Ich wurde 1965 geboren und 1968 zur Adoption freigegeben. Meine leibl. Mutter (Sigrid) fand ich 1988- Sie erzählt mir nichts über oder von ihm. Er weiß das es mich gibt !! - bitte fülle meine Lebenslücke und helfe mir Ihn zu finden

KAREN OWEN
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 9:25 am:   

hi Peeps.... I have been looking for my Grandfather for many yrs.. Alas to no avail... He his name was/ IS EDWARD CLIFFORD CARR... SERVED IN THE US AIRFORCE IN THE NORTH EAST OF ENGLAND DURING 1942 TO 1944 MY GRANDMOTHER WAS CALLED JANE KIRKWOOD. MY MOTHER WAS BORN IN OCTOBER OF 1943 . TEN MONTHS LATER THERE WAS A PATERNITY HEARIN AT STOCKON ON TEES FAMILY COURT TYNE AND WEAR ENGLAND
PATERNITY WAS GRANTED AND MY MOTHERS BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS STAMPED WITH THE AMERICAN EMBASSY AS A RECIPT METHOD USED WHEN PAYMENTS OF MANTANANCE WAS PAID ... WE THINK MAYBE THAT MR CARR WAS FROM MISSISSIPPI. I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG SHOT BUT IF ANYONE HAS ANY KNOWLEDGE PLEASE CONTACT ME THANK YOU

brian ireland
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 8:01 am:   

did you serve with us Airforce in WW2 at Warton Lancashire UK approx 1944/1945 did you know an Elsie Bagot and play tennis at Warton any info. would be of help

lindaburson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:34 pm:   

GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

David McCarty
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 1:52 pm:   

I am looking for Brunhilde of Offenbach. I was told by her landlady that she was pregnant and moved to Munich. This was about 1962. If she or the child are out there I would like to have contact.

Mike Mcdermott
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 9:17 am:   

Looking for a woman named Mary Shilson who was with the American Red Cross in France during WW 2. I believe she helped orphans. I have photos that she or a member of her family would like to have. My father was on the USS Nuthatch. The photos are of Mary with members of the crew.

claudia cook
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 7:57 am:   

I am looking for a sibling my father had to leave behind in England. My dad was married to my mother Muriel Allred Cook. This was always a secret,but I found items jewelery, momentos and wedding band that was not my mothers. I found a beautiful picture of a womam who sighned,
"Memories, love Clare". My dad was Staff Sgt. Edgar Samuel Cook from Burlington,rth North Carolina. He was in the Medical Corps preparing for D Day. I think he landed possibly in Portsmith. Every letter I have seen locations,but
they were censord. Clare, according to my mother, sent her a letter telling her she loved my Dad and there was a child. I am an only child and would love to find a sibling as my Dad was an orphan. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I thought I was the only person searching.
Thanks for any reply,
Claudia Cook
USA ,Burlington NC

Rosamund Forbes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 8:46 am:   

I was born Rosamund Forbes, 8th December 1958 to Jacqueline Forbes in Oxford. Info re father has been inconsistant but the name Parnell Gagan has been mentioned. He had a sister called Gail who had contact with my mother until Gail got married and said news of her brothers illigitimate child would be embarrasing and communication stopped. I think he is from the south, maybe New Orleans? Information would be welcome.

John Wastle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 3:56 am:   

M. Alphin. There is a Facebook Group called. GI & Family International Search which may be able to give you some help.

Pat Toivsen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 5:25 pm:   

My Dad, David Edward Toivsen, Army Sgt. served in the Battle of the Bulge. His nickname might have been "Dutch" At the time he lived in Staten Island NY. I am his only child and have always been curious if he fathered any children when he was overseas. The last name "Toivsen" is highly unusal. He was a white man and would have been in his late 20's-early 30's.

M. Alphin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 1:39 pm:   

I often heard the story gowing up that my uncle fathered a child in Germany (possibly Frankfort) during WWII. He was a in the US Army. The story was told that he delivered his own son in a bomb shelter during an air raid and named the son Claude, after his father. My uncle's last name was Baker. Would be interested in finding any information about this possible cousin.

Paula Parnell was Hunter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 8:09 am:   

I am trying to find my Biological Grandfather, he was an american GI based in Crayford, Kent. England. My father was born in November 1945 so it would have some time from about 1944 - 1945 that he was stationed there. His Name if he is still alive is James Delaney. An Irish American. Hope someone can help me, Thank you. Paula

LindaCull
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 6:39 pm:   

Looking for my sibling fathered in England by US Army soldier stationed in England prior to D Day invasion. My dad was in the 3rd armord tank divison. My dad was from Texas first name was William(Bill). Child would have been born from 1943-1944

PatR
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 4:03 am:   

DjButler,
Just saw your message ,re Doster GI father in Ashchurch,Eng.Please contact me ,
ol_man_emu@bigpond.com

Dave Lennon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 10:40 am:   

Hi, I am trying to trace Ananias Washington. We know he was stationed in Burtonwood in January 1944. He is believed to be from Alabama but it may be Louisiana. He is my Mum's biological father and we would love to trace him. I would be very grateful for any advice or information. Thank you.

Cliff Crossley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 5:57 am:   

I'm trying to find further info about black american army soldiers, who were stationed in Whitchurch area, of Hampshire, United Kingdom.
A friend of mine's husband was born in late August 1944, and his father was a negro USA service man. The only info which he was given to him by his mother, was that his fathers name was Andy Crawford. We are still to search USA millitary archives for info. Any local UK info would be useful

john_wastle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 5:05 am:   

Susan could you contact me on wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

Susan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 4:53 pm:   

Hello,
I live in the USA and am searching for my biological father who was in the British military and came across this site somehow.
If I can be of assistance in helping anyone find their birth father in the USA please feel free to contact me.

Mark Freeman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 12:09 pm:   

Looking for biological half sister in Germany. Was told by my Aunt that my father, Mel Freeman, fathered a child while stationed in Stuttgart, Germany. She would be in her late 40's. And I do believe her mother's name is Doris. We have a photo of my father and Doris (who we think is the mother). If this is you, or someone you may know, please contact me at my email address: FreemanMarkJames@gmail.com

Max
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 1:29 pm:   

Just FYI; its free to register and search on Biologicalfinder.com best of luck to everyone searching.

gajdmax
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 9:35 pm:   

Looking for the son of American GI,Aaron Maxwell, born in Australia during or just after WW 2

johnwastle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 3:16 am:   

David Saunders, you may wish to look at GI & Family International Search Facebook Group for help.

John.

Wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

David Saunders
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 2:32 pm:   

Hello Andrea-only just seen your message! My mother's sister told me he looked italian american so other i guess. Please let me know if you have any information that may help me? Many thanks, David saunders

amber roots
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 1:04 pm:   

i'm looking for my grandfather, I know his surname was Moon and he was based in wiltshire either at Aldbourne or Ramsbury during the christmas of 1942

Beatrix Labeck
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 1:02 am:   

Looking for biological father Louis Roche. My birth cert.(1949) states that he was a "garage mechanic" and that he lived at 1 Inverness Gardens in London. But he wasn't registered there. Mother was Elsa (Else) from Austria working in London as a nanny. Have a photo of him in uniform ("To Else and Beatrix with love from Louis"), but can't tell if this is American or Canadian.

Alex Hayes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2012 - 3:22 pm:   

I'm trying to locate my Grandfather. He was either American or Canadian and his first name was John. He would have been stationed in Bournemouth, UK during 1941/42. He was going out with my Grandmother Beryl Heckford who would have been 22. She used to work on the buses in town. If anybody has any information I would be so grateful. alexandrahayes@ymail.com

sasha walker
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 8:22 am:   

Hi I am looking for any persons who would be related to my mum, she was fathered by a Johnny belcher who was stationed at chicksands bedfordshire. My mother was born in 1943, Johnny was soon shipped back to usa as my grandmother later found out.Johnny apparently came from La fayette usa which state unknown....as there are a few. any help,advice welcomed. goddard48@hotmail.co.uk

Russell Wood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 12:58 pm:   

posted on Tuesday 20 Nov 2012 - 1:49 pm

Hi everyone
Please read my note i'm looking for my biological father. inforemation about HIM and family past and the future siblngs, is name is PAUL QUILLIAN born on 26 March 1921 Died on 15 Aug 1965 44 years old, was in the 138th QM Trk K Co: 55th QM trk Bn. Date of SERVICE 15 Nov 1942 to 12 Oct 1945. SHARON, MERCER, PENNSLYVANIA his LAST RESIDENCE. WWII HE WAS STATIONED IN LINCOLN LINCOLNSHIRE ENGLAND I think in the east middlands
MY email address woorussell@gmail.com

Emma Lawrence
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 11:41 am:   

My dad is looking for his American GI dad or possible siblings. He was stationed at Burtonwood in 1943 and is from Austin, Texas (possibly mexican amercan as rumour has it his mother was mexican) and had relations with Gladys Agnes Dennis. My father was born Peter Dennis on 12/2/44.

Sharon Osmon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 7:27 am:   

Looking for my biological Grandfather. WWII he was stationed in Germany. My mother was born February 1946, in Germany. My Grandmothers name is Hilda. I was given the name Robert Duvall, and that he was from Pennsylvania.

anthony johnson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 6:41 am:   

I am still trying to find anything about my biological father would be interesting to find out if i have any siblings
i was born in a place called Glemsford Suffolk England in august 1945.
i have only just found out my father was an American airman from a very old friend but he did not know his name.
i would think my father has long passed away but there is still hope.
my mothers name was phylis mable johnson a widow her husband was killed in 1941 in north africa
i think my father would have been stationed at sudbury airbase also known as (acton) only 4 miles away from glemsford
home of the 486th bomb group Eighth air force
if anyone has any sort of information please
email me

Pauline Holt for Grace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 2:25 pm:   

THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR GRACE LOOKING FOR A VINCENT CAGGIONI AT HOUNDSTONE/LUFTON CAMP YEOVIL. CAN YOU PLEASE SUPPLY CONTACT INFORMATION AS I HAVE LOTS OF NAMES ASSOCIATED WITH EITHER OF THESE CAMPS AND A FEW ARE VERY SIMILAR TO THE NAME YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR.

ofpdrake
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 11:53 am:   

HI im doing some resarch for my dad trying to find his biological father.. an american GI in WW2. His name is ROBERT ALLAN KING. 9th armored division posted in Macclesfield,Cheshire 1943/44.revisited England 1947/48.believed to have been a civilian police officer late 40's early 50's in america. ANY INFO PLS .. ofpdrake@hotmail.com

James
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 5:57 pm:   

Sion,
Please send me an email.
I clicked on your name to get your email, but only got an error message. My computer is having a problem
I have info on Fred Tallarigo

john_wastle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2012 - 5:07 am:   

Brian Ireland, you may want to contact Facebook Group. GI & Family International Search for help and guidance.

Franci Dean
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2012 - 3:08 am:   

Hi, I'm looking for any family of my biological grandfather who had a son with Edith Dean from Kirkham. He was stationed at Warton Airbase in Lancashire, 1944/45. Unfortunately my grandfather died in a motorcycle accident in Lancashire before my father was born.
Any info would be great.
francidean@gmail.com

Bill Lineburg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 3:52 pm:   

My father, Cpl. W.C. Lineburg, was stationed in Germany, with the US Air Force, following WWII. Not long ago, I learned that he fathered a daughter sometime around 1946-1948. My father passed away in 1990, so I have very little info, other than to hear that my sister called my parents home in June, 1991. According to my Mother, she was living somewhere in Alaska. I would love to find my sister.

brian ireland
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2012 - 7:02 am:   

looking for my biological father who had a friendship with elsie bagot in 1944/45 at warton usa airbase Lancs. they used to play tennis together

Sion
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2012 - 7:38 am:   

Looking for information on Fred R Tallarigo, a GI from Ohio who was stationed at Whittington Barracks, Staffordshire in the West Midlands, England in 1945.

susie hennager
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 4:09 pm:   

Looking for any info on Lawrence George Weig from Iowa. I know he was stationed in England around 1943-1944

Richard Charles Pavey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 2:51 pm:   

Seeking info. for biological father. Dr. charlie ? - probably U.S. army medical corp and stationed in Devon, possibly Modbury, definitely during 1944 - I was born March 1945, in London. Biological mother's name, Ida Burrows, (nee Coote).
gave some financial support on his return to U.S. so know that he survived the war.

Joel Lou Palmer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 6:41 pm:   

Hi, Im looking for my Biological father who happens to be part of the USAF based in Clark Air Base year 1988-1990. His name is Joel D Palmer. PArt of the 13 AFMC as a dental tech. He was in service from Aug 1988-Sept 1990. After that he was transferred in Osan AB till Oct 1991. If you have any infos kindly message me, Im 22yrs old now and i havnt seen or heard from him. Thank you so much.

MK45
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 9:58 am:   

S Sharpe can you tell me more I might have some information for you.

Loany khong
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 8:19 pm:   

I' m looking for my biology father name well freeman he was in airfore Saigon. Vietnam my father went back to USA before July 1966 . Can anybody helps me find my father

eve2chick
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 1:35 pm:   

Hi,

I am wondering whether you would be able to help us in any way. My mother in laws father was based in burtonwood with the usaaf around 1943, he was a black American. She was conceived in 1943 (around march) and her mother and father were forbidden to see each other sadly because of their difference in skin colour. Her mother died when she was very young, so she has no information other than this. It has been her only wish to know who her father is and we have tried privately to find details with no success. It is our last chance to find him for her now, her name is Isobella Ann Fogg and her date if birth is 27 December 1943.

Peter Bennett Penrose
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2012 - 8:44 am:   

I am trying to trace Ewell Kennedy Johnson, he was a staff sergeant on the 8th airforce based at Thetford Airforce base UK during the 2nd world war, I think he returned to Birmingham, Alabama in 1945. I am trying to find a picture of him as I was told told recently he is my blood father. This is all the information I have, just thought you might be able to help.

johathon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 12:57 pm:   

Just FYI, its 100% free to search and register on biologicalfinder.com best of luck to everyone.

Sedoris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 7:56 pm:   

I am looking for information on my Grandfather. The story goes that he married and had a son in Germany when he was stationed there after WWII I guess this would be sometime in the late forties. Unfortunately I do not know where he was stationed. He was married to a lady by the name of Geezela. Unfortunately, he came back to the US and never sent for her. Where would I start my search? His name was Wilbur Morgan.
Thank you

elainehazeldine
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 6:16 am:   

Anyone looking for dad/grandads stationed at Burtonwood AFB I have many thousands of the mens names listed. Feel free to contact me.

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 12:34 pm:   

andrea
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2012 - 10:51 am:   

Hello David Saunders
Could you confirm the nationality of the GI your mother knew during WW2. Was he white, African American or other. If the latter I may be able to help you.
Best wishes
Andrea

sheila oakes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 11:09 am:   

Looking for information on my biological father, Carl Bennet (or Bennett) stationed at Burtonwood, England in 1944 and sent to Germany late 1944. Think he was born in 1923 and came from Baltimore. My mother's name was Alice Tonks. They used to dance at Middlewich Town Hall. That's all I know but I'd love to know more and so would my son.

Anna
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 10:28 am:   

Does anyone know of two sisters who lived in London during WWII who visited the GI camp in Burton On Trent and dated two friends? One of the sisters was white and the other was mixed race because her father was a black GI from WWI.
They may have had children with these GIs. My father may have been one of the GIs.

Dave Dart
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 1:34 pm:   

Seeking information on a us serviceman who was based in Plymouth crownhill area 1944 his surname was Kane not sure on spelling,From Boston .Possibly with 29th armoured division,any help would be appreciated

Harry Baker
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 3:00 am:   

On behalf of my partner Dolores GRACE I am trying to trace her biological father, a U.S air force 'Top Sergeant' named Arlington (christian name) who was based in Norwich/Norfolk area during 1944/1945. Her mother a 'land girl' was then called Joan Iris SPRUCE and this sketchy info has only just been realised as a result of her death. Any help would be most welcome.

Andrew levitt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 4:17 am:   

Hi looking for american Gi Grandad my mum Janet was born on the 12 Feb 1943 in Croydon London (UK) to Alice constance vye, He may have known her as connie.My Mum was then adopted and brought up by a very loving family in Yorkshire this is all the information i have, as so much time has passed any information would be gratefully appreciated.

David Saunders
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2012 - 7:17 am:   

My mother Doreen Saunders was married to William Saunders when she met an American G.I. during World War 2 whilst stationed in Bristol, UK. She was living in Salcombe Road Knowle, Bristol with her sister & her family when she met him. Her husband was away at war in Burma at the time.
I have limited information from my mother but she advised that he came from Springfield, NY although this maybe inaccurate.
Please contact me if anyone has any information on a GI living in Springfield, NY before 1943. In 1943 he would have been around 20+ yrs old

tony baldwin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 10:43 am:   

my fathers name was ANTHONY VERNON DEMANARD I spent years looking for him then in 1982 i found out he had died during the war he was sationed at burtonwood i have found out since he may have also fathered a daughter called christian whos mother was elizebeth i am now 67 so christian will be 66 i would be glad of any information

R Myers
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 3:43 pm:   

I am looking for a David Howard Rider (possibly Ryder or Kinder) who was in the Stuttgart Germany area in 1956ish range... I am trying to help my wife find out information on her Uncle.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sheryl Hebert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 1:27 pm:   

Hi.My grandfather served in World war two and while in england he met a woman and they had a child..a little boy.we have absolutely no information about him or his mother however we would like to try and find him.he would be about 65 to 70 years of age and my grandfathers name was george hawes from canada.if anyone has any idea how to go about this difficult search it would be much appreciated

bluegrassbloke
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 5:13 pm:   

Linda, go to John Munro's gitrace.org A long-established resource, with many very experienced members willing to really help. Many success stories. I am one of them. Check all links there. Good Luck! Terry.

bluegrassbloke
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 5:10 pm:   

Linda, go to John Munro's gitrace.org A long-established resource, with many very experienced members willing to really help. Many success stories. I am one of them. Check all links there. Good Luck! Terry.

ursulakramer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 7:29 am:   

hi i am looken for wayne william wells he was stad. in schwäbisch gmünd germany .1956 to 1957. iwuld like to talk to him . he was from chicago . and his nick name was ricky ,please if any one knows him give me a not thanks a lot
uschi

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 6:30 pm:   

Michael Foster please check your email. There is some very important information for you.

michael foster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 3:43 pm:   

Hi andrea lambert my father was stationed at wollaton park in 1944 i was born in nottigham 25 december 1944 i believe he was a pratrooper attached to 82nd airborne i now live in lincolshire but my children,grandchildren and greatgrandchildren all live in and around nottingham we may be able to help each other

michael foster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 3:23 pm:   

I have recently found out that my fathers name was thomas shuler born in south carolina in 1919 and died in 1989 in the new york area michael foster

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 2:56 pm:   

Andrea Lambert, hi Andrea i am a member of a group,all searching for our GI fathers that were stationed here in England during ww2..If you would like to Email me your fathers name, i can check with our members to see if anyone is searching for him, if not i can help you search as i live in England..hope to hear from you..lin

Andrea lambert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 10:01 am:   

Hi Mchael Foster
My father,a black american was stationed in Nottiongham, pssiibly Wollaton park in 1944.
I am trying to find any British siblings born about that time. It is possible that your father was stationed there at the same time. Perhaps we could be of mutual assistance.

Andrea lambert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 9:48 am:   

Hi Mchael Thomas
My father,a black american was stationed in Nottiongham, pssiibly Wollaton park in 1944.
I am trying to find any British siblings born about that time. It is possible that your father was stationed there at the same time. Perhaps we could be of mutual assistance.

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2012 - 1:07 pm:   

American service mens children
I have noticed quite a few adds on here from children of american service men looking for children in England that their fathers may have left behind..I myself am looking for my American grandfather that was stationed here in England during ww2..I am part of a group here in England that has well over 100 members looking for their American father that where here also,,We have been searching for our fathers and grandfathers for many years and need as much help as possible, especially from the American side..so please if you have an American father that was in England ww2 and think that he may have fathered a child, could you please get in touch with me and i can check our members details to see if we can match the name ? if not we can also help you search for the children you are searching for here in the U.K..thank you very much..Lin Burson x linda589@hotmail.co.uk

Andrea Lambert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2012 - 11:09 am:   

Hi, I am looking for children born to Ivory Donaldson, a black American who served in WW2 in Notinghamshire, proberbly Woolaton Park Camp. Or, it may have been further afield in another camp that housed black infantry divisions. He is my father.

lisa.h.broncos@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 3:25 pm:   

Looking for GI Grandfather stationed in Newbury Berkshire, between the years 1943-1945. Possible name of GI is Chuck or Buck. He had a son “Barry” with a girl called Nellie Hutchinson who lived in Connaught Road Newbury. He asked Nellie to go back to the states with him, but he left alone. Nellie moved back to Yorkshire, Healey Road, Ossett with young son (under 2) to the family home. GI must have registered his son, because when he turned 18 he was sent American draft papers to Yorkshire.

jademorton1@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 4:27 pm:   

my mothers father is believed to be a african american G.I. she was adopted so knows very little about him. she was born in july 51 so knows he was around nottingham in 1950 so thinks he must of been based somewhere close. her biological mother told her nothing about him so is only going on hearsay. her mother was called beatrice muriel blackwell. it was believed he could also be the father to her older biological brother who recalls being taken to play on the forest by this man. if anyone could help or remember beatrice. please email me. jademorton1@hotmail.co.uk

BenjaminBayman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 10:31 am:   

I am looking for a GI named with the first name Leon. My Grandmother, Lilian Joan Carter, met him at a USO Dance in Birmingham, where she worked as a nurse. She and Leon dated for about a month, but all she can remember is that he gave her a "puppy dog". My grandmother learned she was pregnant after they stopped seeing one another. She said they had plans to meet, but Leon didn't show up and she never saw him again. He is my biological Grandfather, and I just want to know what my paternal last name is. If you know of this person, or know of records I can research, please let me know. My Grandmother, Lilian, is 92 years old. She doesn't not remember Leon's last name. I want to know who my Grandfather is/was. Not to contact him, but just to know his name, and my name.

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 6:50 am:   

jan johns
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 6:03 am:   

Looking for info of US troops (some may be black americans) based 1944 Bridgnorth Claverly
Shropshire.
When and where did they go?

Djbutler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2012 - 1:37 am:   

Just a refresher and to show I am still searching

Searching for my father, George Deeters(spelling uncertain) from the Pittsburgh area. George served in the Bristol UK area during 1944 and is believed to have been involved with transport. My mother,Joan Vowells, came from Bishopston, Bristol and George sent gifts from the US after the war. Any information would be greatfully received.
Dave

JohnnyLuck
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 1:47 pm:   

Free Registration on biologicalfinder.com, good luck.

magalirives
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 2:53 am:   

good morning,
I search information on CHARLES COLEMAN LT US AIR force in 1943-44 in ALGIERS then sent to Italy.
Any family or friends of this indeed died Veteran
Thank you

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 11:04 am:   

S. Sharp

s sharpe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 8:34 pm:   

iam looking for my father american -indian was posted in nz in 1944 as a usa marien his nane is robert forman be aged about 80yrs can any body help me and tell me where to look or contact

Brenna Thurbon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 3:04 pm:   

I am searching for my paternal grandfather. I'm afraid i have very little information, but hopefully someone may know something. His name was Clarence Hill and he was based at USAF Molesworth England in September 1961. He was a black american and was believed to have been with the military police. He had a relationship with my grandmother Jean Bettles and had a son (my father) Wayne Bettles born 01.06.62. Any help would be much appreciated.

wendy davies
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 4:51 pm:   

looking for my father who was based in denbigh north wales during ww/2,he was an american and was based her in 1945, he was in the army, a name eion or sam gossett has been given to me, my mothers name was may davies and lived in denbigh north wales, she said he came from chicago, but i think he was based there,, please help if you can

Alicia Contreras-Freeman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 5:58 am:   

Searching for sister born in Leicester(shire?)England, November 1943, to Joyce Andrews and American Army GI Juan Romero Contreras, or the first name may have been listed as John. He was stationed in leicester or London and was of Mexican descent. My father was from Pirtleville, Arizona. He later moved to Riverside, Ca. after the war ended. My sister was named Kay Andrews or Kay Contreras but may have also been given her mother's maiden, but I don't know what it is. I know that when Joyce gave birth she was living at 563 Haveloch, Leicestershire, England. She was living there with her parents and an uncle named Rex and her her husband was gone to war with the British Air Force. I would love to find my sister and let her know she has 1 sister and 5 brothers. Any one who knows how to find her can reach me at lestfreeman@hotmail.com

Thelma Rowlands
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 2:39 pm:   

can anyone tell me about the GIs that left Plymouth in 1945 or what us ships were here in 1944 1945 possibly. Looking for Paul Leo Barratt my father from Pennsylvania Possibly town Lebanon I was born April 1946.

andytim1967
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 5:13 am:   

Tim Eustace, born September 1945, is the child of a GI stationed in Penryn/Falmouth in December 1944.He may have been called Joe or Joey. Believe he was a Captain or officer possibly in the Supply Corp. in the US Navy as we know he supplied the food for Tim's Aunt's wedding in August 1944. We think he knew of my husband's existence as he sent food parcels and presents after the war. Tim's mother's name was Queenie Eustace, she was married at the time and her husband accepted Tim and brought him up as his own.What units were still based in the area 6 months after D-Day?
I found details of all the Seabees whereabouts on the internet, the 97th were still in the Falmouth area. I have found it impossible to get details of any other units in the area despite extensive letters and research.

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 2:09 pm:   

If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 1:36 pm:   

This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way x

dillonboy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:22 pm:   

Can register and search for free on biologicalfinder.com

Lorraine
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 8:42 pm:   

Looking for my siblings who were born at the end of the war. My dad, Rinaldo "Dan" DeLuca was with the US Army/Air Force. He intended to go back to the UK after the war but ran into financial difficlties and never spoke to his sweetheart or saw his children. He has never told me the name of the woman but did mention that she bore twin babies. If anyone knows of twin siblings born around 1945 who were born to an Italian-American US serviceman in the Kettering or Leicester area, please contact me. Thank you!

tina marie burrows
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 5:58 am:   

I am looking for my biological father who was stationed at Sculthorpe air base near Fakenham Norfolk between 1954-1956.His name GROVER DANIEL BUTCHER known as butch.He was with the American Airforce in the supply squadron and I think he was a firs classs airman.I think he came from Charlottsville west Virginia.He was also freinds with a man named wally small/s who was also from the same town as Grover.I have been trying to contact him for a number of years but have had no luck.If you could get me any information I would be really pleased.

michael john potter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 - 1:33 pm:   

I was born in cheltenham april 1945 father american serviceman name of jones from baltimore. my nan had some correspondence with his mum for about 5yrs. my mothers name was eileen potter who resided in the forest of dean gloucestershire eng

John Wastle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 11:56 pm:   

Linda,

Just to let you know there is such a group on Facebook for helping fing GI Dad's and GI Dad's family searching for their siblings.. You can find it under Facebook "Find Friends" the group is called...

GI & Family International Search

It is a closed group, due to the privacy of people, but if you go to it, you can see a list of members and it tells you about the group, you can't read the posts, they are only accessible to members. You can apply to join from the Facebook page. You will need to tell us a little about your reasons for wanting to join the membership, we are careful to ensure that only genuine people apply.

John.

catherine kelly
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 2:20 pm:   

Hi searching for my fathers biological father american air force piolot based at air ministry in heywood lancs 1940s african american decent named alf my dad remembers him coming to see him when he was about five years old he thinks he may have a half sister and that his dad may have settled in london my fathers name is robert scarlet

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 5:41 am:   

Mandy add me on the facebook page gi search it is easier to chat on there :-) lin

mandy jones
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 2:24 am:   

omg thank you i will look into that did it say his birth day he was supposed to have been 19 any clues what i can do now me and my dad use our second names too so it is a real posibility

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 3:46 pm:   

Facebook page.. gi search (gi fathers)
Hi i have opened a facebook page for anyone who is searching and wants to chat..thought we could compare nots and post anything of interest to each other..feel free to send a friend request..It might take a while to get a few members tho, but once we do im sure it could help us all..lin x

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:42 am:   

Hi mandy i know what you meen, my nan was exactly the same
I have found 1 (jobst A Bieling)
year of enlistment...1944
place of birth...Danzig or Germany
place of residence..orange New york

this is a possible...he is the only one on the military site..plus he could have used he middle name as his first ?

mandy jones
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:28 am:   

thats my problem linda not sure of the spelling alois is correct but beiling or bealing not sure bit of a sore point to ask my nan i could see my dad get a bit excited at what im doing although he would never admit it me and my dad are a lot alike and it comes from alois we think

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 2:57 pm:   

I was wondering whether to create a facebook page for all of us that are searching for dads grandfathers etc..that way anyone who is searching can be helped on the site..maybe anyone who is online at the time can chat to each other and get hints and tips on how to search ? let me know if you think it s a good idea ? thanks lin

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 2:46 pm:   

carole email me i have a list of jack dones x linda589@hotmail.co.uk

carole ford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 1:58 pm:   

hi lin,his name is definitly Jack,i do have a photo of him from 1944 . Carole

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 10:00 am:   

mandy how sure are you of his name ? i know you say you are unsure of the spaelling..but t will be much harder to search for him if the spelling is wrong..especially on the surname x

mandy jones
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:26 am:   

hi linda all i know is he might have been a pig farmer in either winsconsin or illinois and that is troup were based in pontcanna in cardiff he is also polish decendant born in america

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 3:49 am:   

s welch hi was he a carpenter before he enlisted ? also was he around 34 years of age ? lin x

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 3:29 am:   

mandy jones..hi mandy did you nan know any thing about his ie what he worked as before he enlisted..any clues whatsoever about his home life ? lin x

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 4:11 pm:   

Survivors include his wife, Ruby Doan of Tuscola; a son, Randy Doan of Ovalo; a daughter, Wynona Hutcheson of Tuscola; four brothers, Jack Doan of Salinas, Joe Doan of Snyder, Jimmy Doan of Merkel and Alan Doan of Kansas City, MO; four sisters, Otilla Mays of Merkel, Maxine Lakovich of Friendswood, Beth Cobaugh of Knob Noster, MO, and Frances Hardy of Kissimee, FL; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.

linda589@hotmail.co.uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 4:09 pm:   

carole Alton Durwood Doan

TUSCOLA - Alton Durwood Doan, 75, died Sunday, Jan. 7, 2001, at his home. Services will be 2 P.M. Tuesday at First Baptist Church, Buffalo Gap, with the Rev. T.C. Melton officiating. Burial will follow in Rose Hill Cemetery, directed by Fry-Bartlett Funeral Home.

Mr. Doan was born in Blair near Merkel to Henry Carl Doan and Cornelia Horton Doan. He was a graduate of Merkel High School. He married Ruby Bland in Merkel. He worked for Irvine Radiotelephone Company prior to owning and operating Doan's Television Repair. He moved to Tuscola in 1995. He was a U.S. Army veteran of WWII where he received two Purple Heart Medals. He was a member of First Baptist Church, Buffalo Gap.

. lin

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 4:01 pm:   

Hi michelle i think the best thing to do would be to post his surname and where he was stationed in england.lots of people search on sites like this and know a lot of surnames people are searching for..it may help ..good luck x

mandy jones
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 10:36 am:   

hi my name is mandy jones i am looking for my grandfather who was a GI based in cardiff in 1944/45 his name is alois beiling (not sure of spelling) possibly to do with tankshe was 19yrs believed to have come from winsconsin or illinois. my gran is jean jones and my dad is robert jones. has anyone got any ideas of the best way to find him

Alli rumble
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 5:51 am:   

I'm looking for My grandfather, and I am not sure how to go about it, all we know about him was he was based at Burtonwood around 1944- 1945, he was going to meet my nan in florida so this may be where he's from, his name was Eugene freeman Berkley, and they called him slim. can anyone give me any ideas of the best way to track someone for the States?
anything help would be very much appreciated

Michelle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 6:37 pm:   

I don't know if anyone can help me, but we are doing just the opposite of you all. We are looking for my mother's brother who was born in England, while my grandfather was there during WWII. We don't have any idea how to find him. We don't know his name. All we have is my grandfather's info. Any ideas would be appreciated.

carole ford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 2:26 pm:   

he would have to be more than years old 86, as my mum is 83 now,and was only 15 at the time

carole ford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 2:23 pm:   

thanks lin, will try to find post.. about what date was it on

S. Welch
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 5:15 am:   

Hello, my stepfather and brothers father was at Burtonwood 42-43. He disappeared to New York in 1945 never to be seen again. He was aircraft mechanic William John Welch.

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 - 4:18 pm:   

carole found another one in oklahoma x Jack Doan age 81+ lives in Grove Oklahoma

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 - 4:07 pm:   

Hi carole there is a Doan "ww2 vetran " on ths this site that has a surviving brother ( Jack Doan)..he should be around the right age also to be n the 2nd world war...worth a look x

carole ford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 - 1:43 pm:   

looking for GI stationed in Somerset 1944.my biological father.name Jack Doan.USA army man, DOB .1925 ish

Ruby Ornelas
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 - 9:53 am:   

Hello, We believe my mother was born on October 28 1942. Her name is Carol Ann (Caroline, Carolyn) She has been an orphan since birth, therfore she knows of no family members at all. She has been in and out of foster care, but remembers a polish family that took care of her for a while when she was a little girl. She has been looking for them for a while with only to find out that her fathers last name is Eggleston and mothers name Sunbeam. I believe she received the information from Utah. She has 4 childern who would like to know there nationality. The information that we have is very little, but we hope to find out about her family.If anyone can link her to being family we would love to hear from you. Best of luck to all of you out there searching!

Nicollette west
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 1:32 pm:   

I am looking for my Mothers Father. My mum was born Feb 7th 1946. Her mother was called Lily Garside. My mum was never told who her father was until my nan was on her death bed in 1994. We don't have many details, this is what we have:
Mum was born in manchester - so her GI father will have been based in the area. The name we have is Joseph Pottenburg'. We just hope its correct. We believe he was from Georgia, USA. He apparently sent letters to my Nan for her to go to america, but she never saw them as her mother destroyed them. We don't believe he knows my mum exists... Please help if you can... Nic0llette@live.co.uk

Jill Henderson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 9:04 am:   

Hello-I am still looking for my half brother or sister born to Nancy Chappel(spelling) in 1933 or 1945 in New Zealand. My father who was an American Coast Guard GI met her in Auckland named Bill.

Thanks

marytpike
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 9:15 pm:   

I am looking for information about my father cecil george orme who was in Canadian Army possibly a sapper from Winnipeg. Had red hair and may have been born in Ireland originally. Can anyone help??

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 7:31 am:   

Jan, did you receive my email concerning Donald Green? I believe I found info on him.
Please contact me.

Eric Phillips
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 9:30 am:   

Hi, does anyone know my birth father from the USA. I was born August 1944 in Suffolk, 82 Guildhall St, Bury St Edmunds, my fathers name was Bert Senit, I have been looking for him for over 40 years and would love to neet him. I understand that he may have been in the red cross an Officer in the US airforc.
plese contact me on my email address.

Susan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 8:51 am:   

An update to you all who post here, My Father Floyd Bernard Gibson, who died in February of last year, he resided in Hamilton Ontario,
I have contacted his ( legitimate) children by mail and phone, but I have been unable to get even a photo, but keep trying People you may have better luck....Thank's Lin, you did all the research

valerie berry
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 2:13 pm:   

any GI in 1941 knowing agnes anderson,blackpool region, she had a baby girl [pauline] in1942 april.then was adopted.,not knowing who the father was not even a name.

A. Matz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 3:33 pm:   

Looking for 1/2 brother born in England to Biagio Capobianco, US Army, born Dec. 1943 or 1944. My dad was a Sgt. in charge of ammunion. His child holds his first name. Do not know the name of mother. Dad was from Brooklyn, NY,USA.

angela
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:32 pm:   

Hi
Eddie - stationed in Northamptonshire during WWII - he was seeing Phyllis in Kettering - they had a daughter Patricia born October 1944 - if you know him please let me know as he is my maternal grandfather.

Ronald Cox
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 1:28 pm:   

I AM SEARCHING FOR JIM GOINGS /GOINS, HE IS MY PATERNAL GRANDFATHER. I GOT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM A GLYN BOX WHO SERVED WITH HIM. JIM SERVED AS A COOK IN THE OFFICERS MESS AT WILMSLOW ROAD, WITHINGTON, MANCHESTER DURING 1943-1945, ALONG WITH A FRIEND WHOSE NICKNAME WAS FRENCHIE. GLYN BELIEVED THAT JIM CAME FROM INDIANA AND DESCRIBED HIM AS BEING AROUND 6FT TALL AND SANDY COLOURED HAIR, HIS MOST OUTSTANDING FEATURE WAS THAT HIS EYES (BLUE) WERE CROSS-EYED.
I HOPE THERE IS ENOUGH INFORMATION HERE TO POSSIBLY JOG SOMEONES MEMORY AND I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY RESPONSE - EVEN IF IT IS JUST ADVICE.
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS MESSAGE.

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 3:19 pm:   

jan are you sure you have donalds date of birth right ?

jan kilroy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 7:54 am:   

My mothers biological father was in world war 2 and was drafted from the USA and stationed in the united kingdom in the Manchester/ Lancashire area of England, as this is where my grandmother lived at the time. He was allegedly already married when my grandmother became pregnant with my mother, my mother was born in February 1945. His name is
: Donald Green
: Date of birth 11th September 1911

Donald abandoned my grandmother when he discovered she was pregnant. I am aware that Donald had 3 other children (4 in total including my mother) . He originated from the USA although I have no over details.

I know this is a long shot, but my mother never knew her biological father and my grandmother sadly went to her death bed without revealing his identity, for my mothers sake i would like to bring her some level of closure to the mystery of biological father.

Jeannette Hughes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 12:32 am:   

My mother was born in April 1945, to Lydia May Potter who came from the Bognor area. My mothers father was a Canadian hair dresser/barber & we think he had either & first or last name of Franklyn. As with lots of others here its not very much to go on, but am hopeful that there is someone out there who can help me find out some more information about my grandfather.

RJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 12:34 pm:   

Looking for my father's children born Manchester or Staffordshire 1942 - 1945. I believe the mother's name was Joyce. My father is an African American but his children may have looked white.

My father's last name was Miller.
One of the children's name may be Iris. I am not sure. If you have American GI (WWII) father or grandfather who was camped Staffordshire or near or in Manchaester, even if you do not know his name - please contact me.

James
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 6:04 pm:   

Looking for my father's children born in Manchester 1942 - 1945. He was an American GI. I was given the names Iris and Joyce but don't know how these names fit in.

ann smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 3:35 pm:   

message to hannah

hope you have some info for me re my search

hannah thankyou so mutch for getting back to me

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 2:29 pm:   

Message to Ann Smith.
I have spoken to GIs from burton staffs gi camp eng 1942/45. My dad was there also.
Please contact me at samhannah117@gmail.com

ann smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 10:24 am:   

to susan

unregistered guest

in a previous message i believe you had contact with someone who had actually spoken to someone from burton staffs gi camp eng 1942/45 can you please put me in contact with them can you help

ann smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 9:42 am:   

to
shiela howell

thankyou very mutch for your helpful info hope you are successful in your search

ann smith

Sheila Howell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 1:48 am:   

For Ann Smith
Look at the gitrace.org website they will tell you where and how to apply for information on your father you have a name and a base which is a good start there are lots of helpful people willing to help and guide you in your search. I am on this site also looking for my father but the only information I have about him is his name "George" he was possibly a Sargeant and was based at Burtonwood airbase 1944-1945
Good luck with your search.
Sheila

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 3:43 pm:   

jean did charles swann have a middle name ?

SIAN
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 5:26 am:   

IF ANYONE HAS ANY DETIALS OF PERTAINING TO A CHARLES EZEKIEL KEYS COULD YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY TO MY GIVEN EMAIL ACCOUNT.BEST TREGARDS SIAN

lin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 4:11 pm:   

A.Clears could you send me your email ?

ann smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 9:47 am:   

re charles keyes black GI strictly genuine search was in burton staffs 1942/44

ann smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 9:31 am:   

still searching for info on black GI charles keyes 244th battallion c company camped at burton staffs 1942/44

ann smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 2:51 pm:   

looking for information on charles keyes camped at burton on trent 1942/44 c company 244th battalion black GI can anyone please help

Susan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 11:34 am:   

Hello Everybody
I posted on this site a couple of year's ago looking for my Father Floyd Gibson. he died on Feb 12th 2011, I found out who he was on Feb 17th 2011, I approached his family, who live very close to me in Canada, but they did not respond.
They did not post a memorial this year, I suspect they are lying low, maybe Uncle Merle might respond he's still about

karenborowski
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 1:06 am:   

My Father Josef Jan Lachera was born in a Displaced Persons Camp in Hildesheim, Germany on the 17/02/1947.
We believe my Nan Michalina (Halina) was totally charmed by this man. Who was possibly had Naval links. My Grandmother died 1965 38 years of age so we have no more information regarding him.
She was born in Kiev, Ukraine and to escape the Russians who were Murdering in other (near) villages the family (Grandmother (name unknown), Great Aunt (Karolina Lachera)& 2 brothers (Andrej & Mietek Lachera) left thier farm. They were captured by the Germans and deported to Warsaw, Poland & used as Slave Labour. As the Russians came in again they were moved onto Germany. As Displaced Persons they were put into the Hildesheim camp and my Grandmother remained there until 1950 when she travelled to England.
My Father, who towered over all his family by the age of 12 continued to grow to a staggering 6ft 4ins.

pat charlton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 - 2:31 pm:   

hi looking for gi father or family bone march 1944 patricia almond mother may almond father may have been at burton wood 1943 1944

Mandy Twitchen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 - 8:54 am:   

Seeking an American or Canadian based in or around Uxbridge, Middlesex, England during WWII specifically the year 1942 when my Dad was born to Emily Twitchen of Uxbridge who worked at a munitions factory. Their is an RAF airbase at Uxbridge so I would imagine they would either be an airman or connected to the air core. She lived with her mother another Emily and possibly her brother George also lived at the same address. My Dad was born early september 1942 so this person would have to have been stationed in Uxbridge around this time. Any information would be appreciated.

Sengledow
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 1:52 pm:   

My brother is looking for his biological father : Jackie Dean Glenn who was serving in the US Air force Police during 1958 in Wisbech cambridgeshire area. My mothers name was June Reeve. From resent research Jackie may now be deceased but we would like to here for any other family members or friends.

A Clears
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 2:48 am:   

Hi i am trying to find out some information about my Granfather. He was an American GI based in Knettishall, Suffolk, England in the mid 1940's. His name was Guy Williams and i believe he came from Iowa. He had quite a long relationship with my grandmother Iris eva mary Clears who lived nearby in Barningham. They had 2 children, Leaon in 1944 and Carole (my mother) in 1946.
I think he returned to the states in 1946 whilst my grandmother was pregnant with my Mum and was never heard from again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Adrian

Robert Petersen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 9:30 pm:   

I am looking for my 1/2 brother, Michael David Crompton, born to my mother, Joy Crumpton in Australia, around 1944.
Unclebob9@Gmail.com

harvey st,clair
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 10:10 am:   

i am looking for my father who was a american GI IN BETWEEN 1942 AND 1944 WAS STATIONED NEAR WALLINGFORD OXON ENGLAND,THE ONLY NAME I HAVE IS TINY THOMPSON,MY MOTHERS NAME WAS ELSIE,WHO I BELIEVE WAS A LAND GIRL,ANY INFO WOULD BE MOST WELCOME BENSON AIRFIELD IS QUITE CLOSE TO WHERE SHE LIVED.

harvey st,clair
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 10:03 am:   

looking for my father all i know was his name was tiny thompson and was a GI stationed near wallingford oxon,england, any one out there know of him,

Mary Connolly
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 1:24 pm:   

Looking for any relatives and/or former colleagues of a serviceman serving in the the UK (Birmingham) in the summer of 1944. Unfortunately, we have very limited information but believe the individual may have had the nickname of “Whitey” (on account of his fair hair). He would have been stationed in or around the Birmingham area of the UK in the summer of 1944. He would have also been friendly with an Anne Lambert who lived in Summer Hill Street in Birmingham. Any information would be gratefully received connollys_home@tiscali.co.uk

Mark Ashman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 4:24 am:   

Hello all, I am looking for my grandfather..who would of been based in Wrexham Wales wround 1944 and would of known my Grandmother Rhoda Daniels..he had a Daughter call Margaret. Long shot I know but my mother does not even know his name however I belive he could of been a officer in the Airforce..thats all she knows.

Jill Henderson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 8:53 pm:   

To D James-Google GI Trace

Good luck!

Jill Henderson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 8:51 pm:   

Hi -I am still looking for my half brother or sister born to Mary Chappel in New Zealand in 1945? The father,Bill Frasure, was in the US Coast Gurard. They met in Aukland, New Zealand.

D James
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 8:20 am:   

Does anyone know where I can obtain a list of American personnel based at Burtonwood in March 1944. This is a real shot in the dark. The only clue I have is his name may have been 'Hall' and went out with a girl called Theresa from Birkenhead on the Wirral. A son was born to Theresa in January 1945

Norma Rundle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 3:24 am:   

On behalf of my friend Leslie who is trying to locate her biological father an american GI stationed in UK during WW2, his name was Raymond H.Smith, Pvt, US Army, he married her mother Jeanie Dugmore in Essex 1945, she lived in Leyton at the time, shortly before her bith her father returned to the US saying he intended to send for them, but he then tried to hide his place of residence and any other information. He was born WV, but gave his address as North Grand Avenue Columbus, and the town of was his address when he enlisted, in 1943, he was born in 1924 to Okey and Virginia Smith in West Virginia, caucasian, and his army No. was 35649147, her mother came to Australia and divorced him around 1953, think he would have remarried and possibly she has step siblings over there somewhere. Any help or leads would be appreciated.he had a sister Susannah, and 3 brothers. on the 1930 census living in Gilbert, Mingo WV at the time. She has a photo of him.

christine battersby
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 5:11 am:   

I am looking for any info on a William King, possibly an African American, in the American Air Force and stationed at possibly Burtonwood, but maybe another base in Lancashire, he dated a girl named Audrey from Liverpool in 1955 in Lancashire England

Jo Meiris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 2:19 pm:   

Hoping to find details of paternal grandfather. Possibly named 'Bobby'. Paternal grandmother (Maureen King-Ross) became pregnant in Jan/Feb 1944. She lived at Beckford Hall, near Tewksbury. She was an officer in the WAAFs - no idea where stationed. He had a wife and three kids. She had no idea. Aparently he had a southern accent. Not interested in blame, just want to know heritage. Were folk from particular parts of the US sent together to stations in the UK ? New to all this !

Rita Mc Laughlin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 2:53 am:   

am looking for my grandfather who was a US Navy Officer based at the Creevagh Base in Co Derry, Northern Ireland between 1946-1947 ( he may have been stationed here before this but was definately in Creevagh until Feb/March 1946)
He had a daughter to Mary Norris. If any one has information about this or is a relative of this US Officer. Could you please contact me? It doesn't matter how little of information you may have it is appreciated. rita.mclaughlin@hotmail.com

Rita Mc Laughlin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 2:52 am:   

I am looking for my grandfather who was a US Navy Officer based at the Creevagh Base in Co Derry, Northern Ireland between 1946-1947 ( he may have been stationed here before this but was definately in Creevagh until Feb/March 1946)
He had a daughter to Mary Norris. If any one has information about this or is a relative of this US Officer. Could you please contact me? It doesn't matter how little of information you may have it is appreciated.

Beryl Findlater
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:53 pm:   

I only have a name, EDWARD BROOKS/BROOKES whom I believe is my biological father. My mother, Mary Cheyne (now deceased) , an Aberdonian, met him at an RAF dance around February 1945 on an RAF base called EDZELL, near Brechin Scotland. I was born November 1945. The only details I have is that he was a GI in the USA Air core/force, he was from Brooklyn New York. Can anyone suggest where I should begin to look for him or his family in the USA. Any help would be so much appreciated, Beryl. berylguest@hotmail.com

Hayley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 8:27 am:   

Looking for my biological grandfather who was a GI based in STaffordshire UK in 1945. His full name was Jorge/ George Chavez .
Unfortunately my father has passed away and wish to trace any living relatives on his behalf.
Any inforamtion would be gratefully appreciated.

Wenda Beets
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 1:24 pm:   

This is a long shot!
My birth father was stationed at Pukekohe South of Auckland N.Z.during WW2. He befriended Kathleen Vallender my birth mother who was acting as a Nanny to her sisters children who lived in Pukekohe while her sister was in Hospital having a child.I found my birth mother Kathleen but her emotional well being was not good and she never acknowledged me as a daughter and never gave any names. I am realy flying blind here. All I know is what my addoptive mother told me "that my birth father died serving his country." To me this could be true or maybe not? I as born 24/02/1945.

maxineglen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 8:17 am:   

looking for a halfbrother [Micheal Terrance] born in 1954of a Black GI, 19, Albert Rainy of Rome NY stationed at Burton Wood and Margaret Ryan of Gorton Manchester anything an hello that you are ok.

Danielle Quint
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 4:03 pm:   

I am a step-daughter of Francis (Frank) Joseph Novak, born March 15, 1942, stationed in Japan, in early 60's, who supposedly had a girl child with a Japanese mother. Am looking for sister. I do not judge and hope if there is a sister, she wouldn't either. If there is a child, you have 5 siblings here in the USA, who would love to meet you. My email is quint31@comcast.net Please email me, as I have 2 younger sisters (biological children of Frank's), that would welcome you and yours.

ANA
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 11:21 am:   

My uncle may have fathered a child while stationed in germany during the 1950's - he was an american/puerto rican GI - his name was Martin Martinez. This is all I know. Our family is trying to find out some information.

ANA
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 11:15 am:   

My uncle may have fathered a child while stationed in germany during the 1940's - he was an american/puerto rican GI - his name was martin martinez. This is all I know.

Melissa West
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 9:02 pm:   

Hi, I'm looking for my grandfather. He was an African American G.I. stationed at the army base in the Wiesbaden/Heidelberg area in Germany around 1945-1946, and all I know is that his name was Keith.. My grandmother's name was Maria Froschauer, she was around the age of 18, and was living near by in the small town Viernheim.. I think he had sent her letters from the U.S when he arrrived back home, but some time after that they ceased communication, and here I am 65 years later. His daughter's name is Renate, he may or may not have known that.It's a long shot, but any info would mean the world to me,
Thanks

rlopez
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 7:23 pm:   

After the war ended around January-March 1946 my dad was an MP near Manneheim waiting to ship back to USA. He met a German/Polish 16-17 year old girl possibly Marianna who was displaced and worked at a pub nearby. She got pregnant. After he went back to USA she wrote him a letter in German and sent a picture of her holding a baby. My dad was Robert Lopez US Army 3rd Infantry from Globe, Arizona USA. I would like to find my half-brother (or sister) born in late 1946.

Jane Taylor
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 3:24 am:   

I am looking for an american serviceman stationed in Northern Ireland between 1943-1945, do not known which armed forces he belonged to but his name was N.S. Carlie, I think he was from L.A. I am sure by now he is no longer with us but would like to find out if I have any half brothers or sister somewhere in the world. Does anyone know where one can find a list of service personel during that period in Northern. Ireland, I am sure its like looking for a needle in a haystack, but at least I have tried to find them.

Michael Foster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 4:10 am:   

I am looking for my african american father Thomas Schuler /Shouler Who was stationed in Nottingham In1944 At Wollaton park I believe.He was a paratooper Master sergeant I was born 25 December 1944

GIAngela
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 6:13 pm:   

From England looking for GI father. I was born, Nov 2nd 1951. I am looking for a soldier who was in the Forest of Dean in 1950-1951. My mother was called Dorothy Phyllis (She was well know in the forest of dean as she was a model). Any news or any leads, please contact me at: alexandra_parry@hotmail.co.uk or (england) +4477508377343.

Jo Harding
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 2:09 pm:   

I am looking for a Betty born in UK, father was Norman Neil Hedrick. Stationed over seas between 1942 - 1945 USA soldier. Grandmother was Pearl Hedrick from Indiana, USA. We lost contact with the child's mother. Grandparents house burnt in 1949 and lost all information on the child. The girl may have had a birth date of April 17, 1945 or would have been around 10 months old at the time the picture was taken. no other information. If we can find this Betty or her children. Betty has an American sister looking for her. Cindy Blanche on Facebook. or contact me Jo Harding on FB.

Marilyn Vogel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2011 - 7:45 am:   

Looking for Lloyd MEEHAN or family. He was US military stationed in Birmingham, England circa 1945. He met Eva Lorraine ELENER. She subsequently fell pregnant and he was posted elsewhere (I think before he knew) - the outcome was my brother Lloyd. He has no other information. My mother worked at munitions factory in Walsall, Birmingham. Any information woudl be gratefully appreciated.

Sally S Bruce
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 3:49 pm:   

I found out I have a half sister who was less than 2 years old when she was left behind in Germany to be adopted. My then GI father, Raymond Howard Samberg married my mother, Ilse Annalise Bothe in Heidelberg, Germany in 1953 (or end of '52)) My sister's original name was Johanna Jutta, I would so love to know you ! You have a half brother as well, named Robert.:-) I am your sister, Sally.

JIll Henderson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 8:30 pm:   

Hello-I am looking for my brother or sister that was brom to Mary Chapple in New Zealand toward the end of WWII. My father was in the Coast Guard and in port on several occasions. Mary was 17 and Dad was only 18. He was never able to get back but really cared for her.

I live in the USA and would love to have any information that anyone could give me.

Thanks,

JIll H.

linda tyler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 3:33 am:   

I was born in 1953 my fathers name was Peter Tyler.I belive he was stationed at Burtonwood England he was in the Army Aircore, I have no further information apart from my mothers name which was Dolores Burgess.My fathers friend was called Joe Clark who served with him,he was from Kentucky.

SJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2011 - 3:53 pm:   

Joan, thank you! I have a friend I met online, who lives in England. She & her father & aunt are also doing a search for me. They found a Monica Sharpe born to a Dorothy A, Sharpe in Bradford. I am hoping that maybe this could be right??? I am awaiting more information. I am also trying to find some sort of white pages or telephone/address directory, so that I can make contact & ask directly if she is the one. :-)

Joan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 9:43 am:   

SJ
I have been to look at the Records today of birth 1944-1946. The was one child born in 1945 in Blackpool with the maiden name of the mother, which is what the mother will have to have given. I am not sure if she could have given the name of the father unless they were married, I don't know the law then about registering of births, Blackpool was also were mothers were sent to have babies in those times. There is no one called Monica born in the region. I did see a Veronica born in Wavertree, this was the area Dorothy lived, but no name of the mother, you would have to request a birth certificate to see names,or check on Ancestry??? The Blackpool child was Jennifer and the name of mother is there. Have you any idea when child was born? The information is on Lancashire BMD.

If you want to contact me via mail address feel free. Joan

SJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 6:35 pm:   

Hi! I posted a while back about my husband's half sister. I have a bit more info. Her mother lived in Liverpool, England. Her Mother's name was Dorothy Sharp (I'm not sure the spelling) and the daughter's name is Monica. My husband's father was overseas from 10/1943 to 9/1945.
I just wish I knew what surname she was given. *sigh

Jill Henderson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 12:04 am:   

I am looking for my sister or brother born to my father and girlfriend in WWII in New Zealand in 44 or 45. My father was in the Coast Guard visitng Aukland. The mother's name was Mary Chaple and she was about 18. My father was about one year older.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Kathy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 10:12 pm:   

I am trying to find info on my fathers biological father who he did not know, he was only 3 when he was killed in action on Luzon on May 12, 1945, his name is Devon Gearhart he was from Disko indiana, his fathers name was Clyde Gearhart, my dad has been tying to find out where his is buried, we know he was in the Army and served with the 27 infantry division, ant info would be great. thanks , Kathy

hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 1:41 pm:   

Grace, I sent an email to you but it was returned to me. My email is samhannah117@gmail.com

Grace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 12:11 pm:   

Hannah, having trouble getting your email address
Try mine ballacraine243@btinternet.co.uk.Many thanks

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:30 am:   

Sorry for giving you the same message twice. I thought the first one didn't go through.

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:27 am:   

Grace, please click on my name to get my email address.

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:19 am:   

Grace, Click on my name at the left and it should bring up my email address.

Grace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 1:01 am:   

Hannah,that would be great, if you post your email address I will get back to you. Thankyou

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 7:42 am:   

Grace, Strangely enough, There was a Vincent Caggiano from WWII who lived not far from me. If you send me an email, we could compare notes to see if the service number you have matches

Grace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 1:55 am:   

Sorry Hannah, it was not my Mum. But good luck, I have been on this site since November last year, no luck for me yet,but keep trying.

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 5:25 pm:   

My Dad was posted at Wem, Shropshire and Burton On Trent. He was also posted at Morton on Lug for a short while.
His friend told me that they had buddies in Manchester also.

Grace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 2:00 pm:   

Hannah, where was your Dad posted in England.

Sarah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 1:18 pm:   

Searching for my father's child. Anyone know a man who played professional soccer or rugby on a Derby team whose father was an American GI from WWII. He was born in Burton-On-Trent Staffordshire - 1943 or 1944.

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 12:59 pm:   

Looking for my sister born in England -1943-1945. Her mother's name was Josephine. Our father was an American GI there during WWII.

Diana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 10:50 am:   

Anyone who wants to know about their American GI father or grandfather who was stationed in Staffordshire, Shropshire or if you are a GI babe born in Manchester, I would like to hear from you. Even if you don't have a name for the GI. Perhaps you are my sibling or neice or nephew.
We could compare photos and info.

Also there were two sisters from London who used to visit the camp at Burton On Trent during WWII. One of the sisters was a mixed race child of a black GI from WWI. They were dating friends at the camp. If anyone knows of them please contact me.

Jean Gregory Mowforth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 3:34 pm:   

I belive my father name was Charles Swann a black American Sargent posted to the transport base at Maghull Liverpool in 1944 I was borne "July 1945
by Mary Bowen who lived on Milllers Bridge Liverpool Iwas told he was married with twin daughters ? he was sent to Japan June 1945. My name was Jean Bowen now Jean Gregory Mowforth

Djbutler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 12:09 pm:   

Renate, there may be something here to help you, enter the full name and select WV from the dropdown, then look toward the bottom of the page.
Good Luck
Dave

zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php

Renate Niedermueller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 11:31 am:   

looking for biological father
his name is Donald Edmund Stevenson
last known address is Wheeling, WV
was stationed in Austria

marcus
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2011 - 1:42 pm:   

does the name alice may watts of hungerford berkshire mean anything to you? if your father or your grandfather stationed in berkshire or wiltshire in may/june 1944 prior to the d day landings and if you have any old letters mentioning may watts please get in touch.
I also have some WW2 photos of a man i cant identify but its possible he may be my grandfather

Steve Ables
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 4:40 pm:   

Looking for Elane? My uncle James D Ables from Texas was a gi during the war in England. I think he had a female child shortly after the war and her mothers name was Elane. If this sound like someone you might know drop me a note. Steve

glennys ford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 10:28 am:   

i am trying to contact or find my father or fathers family, i beleive he was in the american forces his army number was 3129025? co 3 pen 506 parachute regiment please can anyone help me
pete@501050.co.uk

SunnyHoney23
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 3:07 pm:   

Hello, I'm looking for my half-Aunt. My grandfather was in the army during World War II. From research I found out that he enlisted into the army December of 1945. I am trying to find more information about where he was stationed during the war, but I know he was in Germany and he mentioned Heidelburg a few times. I cannot ask him many questions, because he passed when I was very young. However, my mother told me that he had a daughter over in Germany and he had a picture of him, the baby, and the mother. I do not know when he came back to America, but he could have been over there anywhere from 1945 - 1954. His name was Curtis Miller Foster Jr. He lived in West Virginia and he is African American.
If anyone knows anyway to help me find more information about where he was during the war or his daughter, that would be appreciated.

Diana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2011 - 1:59 pm:   

Looking for the children of an African American GI who was stationed at Wem Shropshire and Burton-On-Trent during WWII. His last name was Miller. His children may have been born in Manchester.
I am their sister.

Diana James
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 7:57 pm:   

Message for Beverly Jackson:
I live in the United States. My father was camped at Burton-On-Trent in 1943. In July-August
1943 It seems that his unit the 244th Qm Battalion Company C was the only black unit actually in Burton-On-Trent. There were other black units in nearby areas. My father left children there. Your mother may have even known his girlfriend.

I have actually spoken to and have information on some of the men in the unit. There were three GIs with the last name Anderson in that unit. Do you have any other info on Mr. Anderson to help narrow it down with the three?

If you could email me a photo of your mom. I could try to see if any of the families see a resemblance. Two of them are from the South where I am from.

Anyway please send me an email at elowehi@yahoo.com and we can take it from there. I will be happy to try to connect you with Mr. Anderson's family.

beverley jackson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 2:43 pm:   

hi diana you think you might have some information about my grandfather

Diana James
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 8:26 pm:   

Looking for Beverly. She posted that she is looking for her African American grandfather whose last name is Anderson. He was stationed at Burton On Trent in 1943. I may know of him. I hope Beverly reads this message and contacts me.

patcharlton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 4:40 pm:   

looking for gi father no name my name patricia almond born march 1944 manchester

Arra Sue
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2011 - 7:47 am:   

I am looking for information about a woman, Antonia or Toni/Tonni Manhart from Holzkirchen, Germany that knew my father, Alan Blackhall, during WW2. I an be contacted at abuzzard@ncidata.com

patricia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 08, 2011 - 4:07 pm:   

Hi s.j if you need any help let me know .I live in birkenhead.. best wishes lin x

SJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2011 - 8:39 pm:   

Joan and Sheila, thank you so much for your help! I will look at those sites. I'll also report back here if I find any good leads. :-)
Thank you again,
SJ

Sheila Howell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2011 - 12:55 am:   

For SJ

Re: your search for half siblings in the UK there is a very good website at gitrace.org they also have a message board with lots of lovely people who will try to help you in your search. I am searching for my American family I was born in Warrington which is very close to Liverpool in 1945. My birth mother was called May Snape and my GI father was based at Burtonwood airbase. I wish you much luck in your search I am on the gitrace site so I know how helpful these people are.
Good luck
Sheila

Joan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 6:20 am:   

SJ
Forgot to mention, use the drop down menu for "Wirral" if you use Cheshire, as a start. Also it is Birkenhead I added an extra letter, there are family history sites for both counties. I think you can leave messages on them, giving just the minumum of information. You can check in Mariages in case the mother married. Not all the information has been transferred, but you may get lucky.

Joan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 5:14 am:   

To SJ

You could start by looking in the Lancashire BMD as Liverpool is under "Lancashire" if you have a maiden name of the mother. There are 2 listings. search by name and search by initial. Also try Cheshire BMD.. As Liverpool is across the River Mersey from Birkenhaead but that comes under Cheshire. Both sites are worth a look. Sites are easy to use. The mother could have gone to unmarried home in either area. Or you could try the "Liverpool Echo" (personel listings)newspaper for the area.) Both these cities are known for someone knowing someone. Good luck

SJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 8:09 pm:   

I am looking for my husband's half-sister. I don't know much. I do know that she was born in Liverpool, England, it was at the end of WWII, and I have her name, but I'm unsure of the spelling. From what I understand, their father had very limited contact with her, as her mother's family wouldn't let him see them. He did send money throughout the years and there were letters exchanged with at least one of her family members. We do not have access to these letters, nor do we have any names... just the name (maiden name- she was given her mother's last name) of the half-sister.

Does anyone know where I can even begin this search? Thank you!

Victoria Owen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 3:58 pm:   

Looking for brother born to Justo Chavez in England. You had contact with him when you became engaged. Would like to know you.

Samuel Rosewall
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 3:28 pm:   

Looking for my 1/2 sister born 51,52 either her name or mother was laurie or lori. My dad was in the army driving trucks after WWII. Said he got married over there but USA didn't recognize war marriage. His name was Vergene Rosewall from Ruthven, Iowa, USA I beleive he was station around Bohlen, Not sure he never said the name of the town the same.

cherry kley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 3:53 pm:   

My father was born on 12 December 1944 to Molly Brewer of Glastonbury Somerset. He was told his father was an American GI but has no further details. He would really like to know anything about his biological father.

PaulaC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2011 - 10:57 pm:   

I have been reading the posts about people searching for the fathers of war babies but I have the oppisite problem. My mother was born to an american soldier sationed in Germany. We believe her mother was German. My mother was brought back to the United States and placed in some type of Childrens home in Louisiana until her father was able to return to get her, around the age of 3. Does anyone know of such a home and how we could find out information about her birth mother?

Beverley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 11:59 am:   

Im trying to trace my biological grandfather/family. African-American his surname is Anderson he was stationed in Burton on Trent,Staffordshire,England in 1942 my Mothers name Pearl Olivia Anderson Bloor born May 1944 my grandmothers name Phyllis.any information would be gratefully received

Sheila Howell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 1:50 am:   

I am looking for an American serviceman stationed at Burtonwood airbase, Lancashire, England 1944-1945. He was possibly a sergeant in rank and his name was George. My mothers name was May Snape and I was born in September 1945. George was aware that May was pregnant but had left the airbase before I was born, it is believed that he was already married with possibly 2 children. Would love to find my half siblings.
Sheila

Paul James Dodds
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2011 - 9:04 pm:   

Looking to find my Father/family.He was in WW2 in Cardiff U.K. in May 1945.I do not have his name,but I have a photograph.He had something to do with Ohio and or Kentucky.Names on back of photograph,LaVera Harvey and Mary Harvey and Bessie L Hendrix and Paul Bennett.An address of Rt3 Morgan Cy Ky.The Harvey's are on the 1930 Cencus in Ashtabula Ohio.In the photograph he is wearing an Ohio National Guard Faithful Service Ribbon.Any information please email pauljdodds@gmx.com.

Farrell Quilichini Bolin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2011 - 11:38 am:   

Hi, I am looking for a half brother,( or sister) born after the end of WWII. His mother, (or hers) was a teacher, maybe in Germany, or Austria. My family seems to think it was a boy that was born, not a girl. My father was named Ledford Bolin, he was with the US Army. The site will not let me upload a photo, my email address is thseabreze@aol.com

Julia Hubbard
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 11:59 am:   

I posted on here on March 31st. I have noticed that several people have said their relatives could have been Canadian/ American such as my message. There is a site called Canada Query Board where you can leave messages. It is run by a waynecook. Covers 4 areas of Canada. I left a message and had one reply but sadly the dates were two months out of cinc. Worth a try. Julia

rogneve
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 5:13 pm:   

Trying to trace "Maurice Conway",from the USA I think he was in the US air force or air core. Based near Yeovil in 1943. I think he was from Missouri.Possibly a teacher before the war.Any help would be appreiciated. roger.allen123@btinternet.com

sam bennett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 2:08 pm:   

Hi my mum is a GI baby, she was born in December 1945 to a lady called Doris Wallett she was born in Wickersley nursing home and later put up for adoption her mother was from Bentley in yorkshire. They may have met in Doncaster We have no idea if her father was in the army airforce or navy and sadly this is all the information we have to go on. He was we believe prepared to marry Doris and was aware that she was pregnant but her mother was ill and she would not return to the states with him. I would love to hear of anyone who was stationed in this area but realise that time is passing and her father has probably passed away. My family are curious as to our roots and would appreciate any information anyone can offer .

Pamela Crawford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 7:32 pm:   

Looking to locate the Family of the serviceman who was stationed in Cornwall 1944.Would love to know more about His Family.Dont know where in the USA He was born,but very interested.Last name Skip Barlow or McGillacutty.He met my Mother Jean or Phillipa.Thank you very much.

Pamela Crawford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 7:23 pm:   

looking for information regarding a serviceman stationed in Cornwall UK 1943-1944.Believed to have died in France during the invasion.Blonde man,loved to dance.His name is written on a monument in Cornwall.Last name either Barlow or McGillacutty.Met my Mother Jean or Phillipa.Grateful for any information.

valerie pitchford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 3:17 pm:   

looking for any information on eddie angers american seargent based around the evesham area in approx 1944 went back to america after d day any information would be great .my mothers name was ida perkins from middle littleton at the time she met him she was working on the railway at evesham england

DaniEla
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 5:50 am:   

If anyone from Germany needs help in finding a GI father or some GI father is looking for children in Germany...there is a non-profit organization called GI-Babies-Germany.de.
They also have a closed group on facebook.

This is just info I want to share. They already helped reunite quite a few families.
Good luck to all of you.

Daniela

gchamberlain1
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 1:26 am:   

Would welcome any information on Master/Sergent Earl Snell of Buffalo New york stationed at G25 Ashchurch nr Tewkesbury Gloucestershire England He was a good friend to my sister and I. I was 14 in 1944 and welcomed the goodies he brought us when we were short of every thing THANk YOU George and Hazel

Djbutler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 12:27 pm:   

ANNBEST
Email me, I have a location and phone number for
the person you seek
Good luck
Dave
djbutler@blueyonder.co.uk

Joan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 11:10 am:   

To Annbest, Go to GITRACE and follow instruction to a AAD site for enlisted men, He is on there the only one. If you want anyone to be able to help you on this site you will have to leave an e mail address, there are plenty on people on the GITRACE who will help you

annbest
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:01 am:   

Seeking Chester Szostak, American GI soldier who was is Cardiff or Swansea Wales in 1942, or family of same. I think he did return to the USA. He may be my biological father. My Mum recently passed away and only told me at that time. I would love to know if he is still alive. Ann.

ROSALIE GARRETT
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 11:58 am:   

SEEKING BOB ROUSE who was in tavistock or plymouth, devon UK during 1943/44. american or canadian services-am not sure. anyone who can help with ANY INFO please email me---thank you

Grace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 10:33 am:   

With Pat Joinson(Linda) and Helen Thorne42 help(Thankyou),I have been able to track down an American Serviceman Vincent Caggiano who served in WW11,can anyone help me find out if he was stationed in Yeovil Somerset England at all in 1944, if he had, he is my Dad.I have his Army number.I am not sure if he is the one I am looking for as I am not sure how his surname was spelt but that is what it sounded like.I would be grateful for any help.I have posted a request on this site in November 2010

helenthorne42
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 2:49 am:   

accident-report.com/REGISTERS
fyi check out this site ...

Brenda Horton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 2:34 am:   

Looking for information, my husband was told yesterday that his real father was an American GI he was told that his name was Perry lighthouse and he was stationed in Wales in around 1943-1944.
We don't have any other information, my husbands name is Emlyn Perry Horton he was born in Cardiganshire South Wales on 31 December 1944

JuliaHubbard
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 5:54 am:   

My name was Ann when I was born in May 1941 in Gravesend Kent England. My Mothers name was Doreen. She was 18. My father was a pilot so I am led to believe. Possible name John/Jack. but birth Mother refused any other info. He could of course been Canadian but a few Americans went to the Canadians and flew with them before America actually joined the war. So a big mystery I would so like to find my Father although he would be in his ninetys now and any siblings. This is my last wish. Have tried so many avenues but without success. My name was changed to Julia on adoption.
Thank you.. Julia

floyd gibsons daughter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 9:09 am:   

Hi everyone, there is another website with people who will help with your records, also hook you up with certain needs that you have , it's british geneaology.com, I understand that you can get legal advice also, so give it a try.
Register and they will take care of you

maureen vita
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 2:36 pm:   

I am looking for Jim Powell who is on my birth certificate as my father. He apparently was a Mormon and lived in Salt Lake City Utah. He lived with my mother Daisy in Luton while stationed in, I believe, Chicksands. It is of course probable that he is deceased but would be interested knowing family members.

Roy Merritt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 3:58 am:   

seeking biological father Roy Dumas? stationed in camp in Beckhampton during WW2 He was an american my mothers name is Joyce

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 2:52 pm:   

Hi mark...do you have a possible state he was from ? also have you sent to the national personell records centre requeting any records for him ? lin

mark coulson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 1:46 am:   

any help appreciated!! story goes that my nan margaret carlin courted a american attached to the air force in and around ascot/ berkshire or nearest american base during ww2 all we know is he was called Al 'alan?) surname mueller possibly a pilot and was a solicitor/lawyer etc in civvy street. my nan became pregnant with my mother on her de-mob night!! The chap returned to the u.s.a unaware that she was pregnant. Any one know what units would have been stationed in or near ascot during ww2? We think he flew bombers. Sorry the info is not much, any help on where to start would be appreciated. thanks.

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 3:35 pm:   

hi janice.if you want to e.mail me ive found a few living in san antonia texas in their 70s ..dont know if thats any good to you ? linda589@hotmail.co.uk

Janice Elisabeth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 10:54 am:   

Pat, unfortunately I do not have a middle name for Robert Brooks/Brookes. My mother in law is still alive but has never been willing to share any information about her son's (my husband's) father. My husband once telephoned a younger man called Brook(e)s in San Antonio but he said his father had served in the Vietnam war and had not come to Britain.

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 10:16 am:   

janice do you have a middle name for robert brookes ? lin x

Janice Elisabeth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 11:08 am:   

I'm trying to find more info about my husband's father who was stationed at Burtonwood Army Camp near Warrington in 1953. His name was Staff Sergeant Robert Brooks (Brookes?) and I believe he came from San Antonio, Texas. Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 8:58 am:   

Susan thanks for that..we have seen that one..we think we found the right man years ago..its just proving he was in the right place at the right time.when we made contact years ago..he denied being in england. this is pretty hard as we dont know what unit he was in...just the us army :-( thanks again ..linda x

Susan for Linda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 4:38 am:   

Pat joinson (,Linda) Google, Hubert Lee Hill, he is there school records and all, the site is Hubert Lee Hill genealogy records

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 2:50 pm:   

esther lambourne have you tried the lundy gunn sr in Madison MS ..aged 86 ? linda589@hotmail.co.uk

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 12:08 pm:   

Good luck susan..I wish you the very best..
you only get one shot..go for it ..you deserve it.. linda x

Djbutler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 8:37 am:   

PatR searching for Doster, I may be able to help, please contact

Floyd Gibsons daughter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 11:41 am:   

I want to thank Linda, for helping me find my Father, Floyd Gibson, who passed away on Feb 12th 2011, If any of my half siblings read this please leave an E mail address so I may contact you
Once again Linda thankyou I hope you can get the info you need
Susan

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 2:19 pm:   

susan looking for floyd gibson could you contact me please.... ive found a possible match ? linda589@hotmail.co.uk

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 1:43 pm:   

help needed trying to get in touch with susan who has adds on here...shes looking for a floyd gibson..show her a site..i have tried clicking on her name but its not working ? can anyone help please thanks pat

Joan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 12:53 pm:   

My father was an Arthur Foster. Stationed in the UK at Tewksbury/ Glos. I know he was there during the months of August - October 1944. He was from Maine or the east coast of the U.S.A. My mother was Beatrice Nichol stationed in Worcestershire. When she found out she was pregnant she went to the base, but was informed he was no longer there. She passed away 10 years ago. I was 42 when all the blocks fell into place and I was told. I am now 65. Is there anyone out there who can put a few more blocks into place for me. Thank you. joan.nic30@talktalk.net

Katie-Anne Campbell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 6:35 am:   

Hi - I am looking for my Fathers biological father. He was an American Serviceman in WWII based at RAF Stafford in the UK. I am told his name was Ruel Cunningham but could have been Raoul. Any Information would be much appreciated. katieanne.campbell1@gmail.com

pat joinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 5:36 pm:   

hi im looking for my american father hubert lee hill..my mothers name was annie..my mum was in the land army in bournmouth england feb..march 1944..all i have is a name...mum was didnt like talking about him ? possibly from a southern state with a tan..any help would be great as i have been searching for hubert lee hill for over 20 years..thanks x

Janice Elisabeth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 11:31 am:   

Hi, I'm looking for any info on my husband's biological father, Staff Sergeant Robert Brooks (or Brookes) who was based at Burtonwood Camp, Near Warrington, in the early 1950's.

Tricia Louise
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 6:20 am:   

Now have a first name Paul, was in admin, London, wore rimless glasses, American GI,1945, mothers name Olive, she already had a child called Earl. Your son & grandchildren would love to find you.

Esther Lambourne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 7:14 pm:   

I just want to say how thankful I am that a site like this exists and express my gratitude to all those who responded to my post with information. Through the information given to me my mother was able to make contact with her biological father's family and has been welcomed with warmth beyond any expectation we could have had.
Thanks again to all who helped this happen

Tina Matthews
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 12:58 pm:   

Looking for my half sibling. When my father was stationed in England in 1959 my mother was pregnant with me, but at the same time I was told by my Grandmother he had another woman in the same condition. I'm looking for a child born from a man named John Carnes nick name (Johnny) who was in the Air Force at this time. Child was probably born in 1960. I was born in July 1959 when he returned to the States.

Debbie Ewing Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 1:57 am:   

Iam searching for my brother. We found out that our father had a son with a girl he dated while in trainiing at the Univ. of Wi. while in the Navy in Madison Wi. He was from Millington TN. This may have been in 1942. The mother sent my Grandmother pictures and a letter that were lost.My father's name was Wilford (Wis) Lee Ewing. My brother's and I would love to meet our brother.

Dawn Davies
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 10:25 am:   

my email address tizziedawn@gmail.com

Dawn Davies
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 1:26 pm:   

1944 my father american GI. based in the Bristol area,I was born in 1945 and my father visited my mother in1947.His name was Alexander emanuel lorenz Zakis of Greek origin,his mother was french.He was reported to have come from LA.Calafornia.His name was shortened because it was difficult to pronounce .He could have worked for law firm in LA.He could have born around 1908.I have not all the correct information but please if you could be related,I do have all my d@A data,Please contact me, with hope,thankyou.

laura elsharkawy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 5:40 am:   

hi just sent a post without leaving an email address here it is
elsharkawylaura@yahoo.com.au
thanx.

laura elsharkawy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 5:35 am:   

Hi I'm trying to find my grandfather for my mother. My biological grandfather was a Puerto Rican/American GI by the name of Lawrence Daly(maybe spelt laurance) from New York and stationed in the UK in ww2 and who dated my grandmother, Josephine Barnard and fathered my mother Yvonne in 1950 who was born in Leytonstone and also fathered a son Aubrey in 1951. He already had a wife and daughter back in the states we would like to find out about. not sure on many other details as my grandmother was very secretive and has long since died. wonder if anyone knows anything thankyou.

dianne rucienski
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 7:24 pm:   

Still looking for my hubby's bio father. I now have a pic of he & my hubby's mom Sonja (Kaufmann) Rucienski. My hubby is Alfred John (Kaufmann) Rucienski and was adopted by another army GI Joseph Rucienski in 1959. He was born in Augsburg, Germany 04-10-1953. Sonja was dating an army man named Williams. She was 3 months pregnant when he wrote her a letter & left her. We only want & need closure & medical history. My name is Dianne Rucienski & I can be reached at 252-943-4767 or drucienski@gmail.com

Djbutler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 6:47 am:   

Searching for my father, George Deeters(spelling uncertain) from the Pittsburgh area. George served in the Bristol UK area during 1944 and is believed to have been involved with transport. My mother,Joan Vowells, came from Bishopston, Bristol and George sent gifts from the US after the war. Any information would be greatfully received.

Floyd Gibsons daughter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 6:02 am:   

I keep searching through the lists here daily, and it's like looking for a needle in a hay-stack, I also know that my Father Floyd Gibson, tried to keep me, I have no idea what happened after that , but I am sure I have siblings, and would like closure
I do know he was a Canadian air - force serviceman
If anyone knows of a Canadian site that works like this one, perhaps they could let me know...thanks

Hayley Jayne Daniels
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 4:36 am:   

Looking for information about 'Joseph Ott' (my grandfather) He was stationed in Ashchurch Camp, nr Tewkesbury during 1944. He met my grandmother Kathleen N. J. Green (known as Joyce) and fathered my mum Linda Jospehine Green. Joyce lived in Tewkesbury with her family. Joseph was posted away before my mum was born, but knew and named her. He promised to come back after the war and it was thought he never did. However, we just found out that he did come back for my Mum and Gran (between 1945-47) but was turned away by family unbeknown to her. We think Joseph was from New Jersey, or Long Island, New York. His family were originally of German Jewish descent, and fled to America before the war. He would be about 95 now, so has most probably passed away, but we are looking for any siblings/relatives to us, and any information about him. email: hjaydaniels@live.com

Janet Ireland
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 12:58 pm:   

Hi! We are looking for our half-brothers or sisters.Our dad was in the service prior to ww2,and was stationed in Hawaii.When WW2 broke out Dad was in the 3501st Army Air force Base Unit and was stationed in Tunisia.His first name is Joseph or Joe and was from Penn.We found this out after Dad passed away. If anyone has information about him or his kids please contact us

amber henthorne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 9:23 am:   

My grandfather, Burle White, fathered a child in Italy during WWII, probably in 1945-1946. We believe the child is a girl named Jotoa White and her mother's name was Margherita Pomo. My grandfather also went by the nickname "Toby". Please contact amberhenthorne@rocketmail.com

Jill Phillips
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:53 am:   

Hi I'm looking for my biological father. He was in the Army and was stationed in England at Greenham Common Royal Air Force Base in 1952. As far as I know he was working on the runways. His name is Robert Bunton and his nickname was Bobby Buttons. My father dated my mother her name was Sybil Radbourne and she lived in Newbury. I realize he has probably pass on but I would like to find any siblings I might have.
I would love any information!

bob65
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 5:50 am:   

HI im doing some resarch for my dad trying to find his biological father.. an american GI in WW2. His name is ROBERT ALLEN KING. posted in Macclesfield,Cheshire 1942. ANY INFO PLS .. ofpdrake@hotmail.com

Rosalyn Robinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 9:40 am:   

I am looking for my biological father, I know he was of Native American/Canadian descent and was in Winchester, Hampshire, UK. in early 1948. I was born 29.10.1948,in Southampton. My mother was Winnie Robinson, she would not name my father, not even the day she died, so I have no name or any more information. I was adopted in 1949 and I believe my father knew I was born. If you are looking for me and believe we may be related please, please get in touch I am longing to meet you.

Grace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 11:19 am:   

Looking for any information on American serviceman posted at Houndstone/Lufton camp, Yeovil,Somerset,England 1944/1945 name is Vincent Caggioni(maybe spelt wrong) can anyone please help

Sue Boudreaux Stouder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 6:14 pm:   

just found out I may have a half brother fathered during WW2 in Italy by a 5th army sergeant Stanley Boudreaux. He ran a commisary in Northern Italy. If anyone has any info, please contact. Would love to meet him.

Sue Boudreaux Stouder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 6:10 pm:   

just found out I may have a half brother fathered during WW2 in Italy by a 5th army sergeant Stanley Boudreaux. He ran a commisary in Northern Italy. If anyone has any info, please contact. Would love to meet him.

Grace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 6:44 am:   

looking for american serviceman posted at Houndstone/Lufton camp in 1944-1945 name of Vincent Caggioni (surname may be spelt wrong) please can any one help

Sue Tawwater
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 9:53 pm:   

Looking for a son, born 1957 in Munich, Germany (or around this area. His name is John Greger (or Gregor) and the birth mother's name is Emgard Greger or Irmgard (or Gregor sounds like these names... could be other spelling). Father of son is Carmelo James Scoma a American GI paratrooper from Dallas, Texas, USA...stationed in Augsburg Germany. Any information about this German family is much appreciated. Sue from Texas

satawwater@yahoo.com

Dan Davsis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 5:16 pm:   

I believe my Grandfather fathered a child around 1943? In England. He was a medic in the US army air corps. His name was Richard(dick)Davis. From Boston MA. He wrote letters during the war saying he wanted to marry a Welsh girl named Catherine H. Lloyd who was a WAAF. Please write to me if any of this looks familiar. Dan.davis43@yahoo.com

Susan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 1:43 pm:   

A long shot also, but with rememberance day approaching again, it would be nice to know you Floyd Gibson
Your daughter

Vicki drake
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 8:13 am:   

Hi, I am looking for my grandfather he was based in Norwich England around 1944 and 1945 and was an American serviceman. I don't know much about him as my grandmother is no longer alive and my dad never asked about him. My grandmothers name was Peggy Ellen Leeds (maiden name steward) it is thought my grandfather was called pat although some have said he could have been called Eugene (my dads middle name). I know it's a long shot as we have so little info but doesn't hurt to try.

Roger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 4:37 am:   

This is in response to Eliz Harris: I've been looking for my friend's (Roger) father which was an american service man and his last name was also Robert (we don't know his first name). Roger's mother's name was Daphne Patricia (then Grant) from Eastbourne. Roger was born in August 1943, maybe it's just coincidence or there's more to the story. Hope to hear from you soon. fredfellon@aol.com

Pauline Charles
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 4:20 pm:   

I am trying to find my father who was stationed at Houndstone/Lufton Camp Yeovil, Somerset in England from July 1944 to May 1945. He told my mother he emigrated from Italy at the age of six in 1924 and arrived in New York. He was known by everyone that new him by the name of Frank and on Saturday nights he picked up in the army truck from surrounding villages to take the local girls to dances at the camp. He told my mother before he came to England the he worked in the docks in Brooklyn. I would be grateful for any information that is available.

pyhllis thomas
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 9:33 am:   

looking for my biologcal father stationed near Penzance in 1944with the us army. I believe his name was tony aeillo or aelo, i was born in december 1944 my mohers name was margaret would love to have infomation of him although i expect he is now dead

Eliz Harris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 12:35 pm:   

I am looking for my GI father stationed Warton 1942 hiS name was BOB ROBERT he came from NEW york he met my mother Anne she lived in LYTHAM ST ANNES lancs it would be about OCTOBER NOVEMBER 1942 HE MAY HAVE HAD a wife called ALEEN i may have a sibling about born as me in 1943 any information would be gratefully appreciated My mothers Name Anne Stott

LDeVor
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2010 - 10:38 am:   

Looking for a possible half sister or any of her children. I was told after my mom and dad passed away that while my dad was in England he fathered a daughter. She would have to have been born between 1942 to 1947. His name was Warren Rainbolt. He also had the nickname of "mikey". He was a cook in the army stationed there in england. I have no further info than this. I do know a letter of some kind was sent to his home residence in the states and this is how my mother knew of the baby. Other than that I have no info. Plz feel free to contact me if this sounds at all familiar.

lyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2010 - 8:24 am:   

I have more info which may be of use.
Taylor Irving
Born 16 June 1915
Lived in Cumberland Virginia
Died 16 July 1994.

Lyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 9:15 pm:   

Looking for info on Taylor Irving born approx 1917 Virginia
Stationed Frenchay England 1944

Anne Rabone
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 15, 2010 - 11:09 am:   

I'm still looking for my father, who was based in or around Kings Lynn during WW2 1944/5. I am his daughter. I realise he may now be dead, but looking for siblings. His name was Frank Gibler/Giblin/Kipler/Gipler/Giplin? Unsure because Mom is unwilling to tell, don't want to upset my step-father. My name was Anne Rabone

Brad Baker
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 2:14 pm:   

My father Edward Baker US Army airborne while in hospital in England dated a nurse and had two children one boy one girl !944-1946 approx age 60s would like to get in touch Nurses name Kip im sure a nick name my address is bbaker108@frontier.com

ben roberts
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 11:40 am:   

i am looking for frank clucky (rocki) if anyone has any infomation about him please contact me stefkaroberts@hotmail.co.uk. based in trowbridge wiltshire (UK) between 1942 to 1945. hes an american GI physical trainer (soldier). WW2

Susan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 5:32 am:   

If anyone served with Floyd Gibson, a canadian airforce serviceman, could you please contact me, I know I have a family in Canada and I need information
He had a Mother and also a sister, I believe the sister's name may of been Kathleen

Lucy Davies
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 5:47 am:   

SORRY 1945

Lucy Davies
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 2:37 am:   

to the previous message reg Davilda May Davies you can contact
woody_alessandra@hotmail.com
thankyou

Lucy Davies
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 2:34 am:   

We are looking for any information on American military bases who were based in and around the North west UK or North Wales in 1946. we are looking for a man of colour who may have been killed in France during the war- He was friends with Davilda May Davies who was from Denbighshire- if you have any information on any bases or know of any possibilities we would be greatful to hear them.
If you or anyone you know was friends with Davilda May Davies during this period please get in touch, we are desperate to find out any information that could lead to us finding out who our grandfather was.
Thankyou

tamera a farnham
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2010 - 10:46 am:   

I am looking for a possible 1/2 biological sister. Last name may hve ben wolfe, she would probably be in her early to mid 50's from Frank furt Germany, my father was stationed there, his name was Ray Franks

Esther Lambourne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2010 - 7:21 am:   

Looking for info on LUNDY GUNN from MISSISSIPPI, born around 1924(my mother's biological father).
He was stationed in Germany in 1945 and was aware of the birth of his child.
The child was born in September 1946 to an Edith Endrigkeit.
I would be most grateful for any information offered.

Chris Evans
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 - 6:08 am:   

I'm, looking for a coloured American G.I. who was based in Denbigh, Denbighshire, North Wales between 1942-1944. His name was Sam Gossett. He is my grandfather and I'm deperate to find him for my mum who has had cancer recently and has no information about her father but is keen to know anything about him.

shirley stevens
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 11:24 am:   

We have learned after my mother passed that my father had a child in Germany WWII we believe he was in the army (pvt William L Stevens from Pennsylvania USA we are looking for any info on this child for he or she is are brother or sister Thank you Shirley M Stevens/Mcginnis peach12mcginnis@yahoo.com

Susan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 2:39 pm:   

I am looking for you Floyd Gibson, Its your daughter

Hammond
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2010 - 7:35 am:   

I am looking for information on Irvin Weidenmuller born 31 march 1932 served in USAAF in Kings Lynn area of Norfolk England upto 1953

kerry taylor
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2010 - 4:20 am:   

looking for my baby's father in germany munich. his name is volker ehlers. previously worked for the company montage services. any information would be appreciated. Kerry +2776 820 4495

Sue Keates
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 1:41 pm:   

Looking for information on paternal grandfather Bill Painter. All we know is that he was stationed in Bristol/Gloucester in 1944 and we believe made it home to the US. It's doubtful he knew that he'd left a child on the way. We've only just learnt that our dad was adopted by his grandparents, they & his birth mother died many years ago and he would like to know more.

Diana Thompson Conrad
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 30, 2010 - 10:24 pm:   

Looking for a sibling born during WW2 time in England. My father was stationed there and married a lady named Dorothy and they had a son named Robert Lee Thompson. He came back to states and they later divorced.

Claire Sheppard
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 30, 2010 - 5:47 am:   

I am looking for my husbands grandfather, 'Bill' Overton fron Dallas, Texas who would have been stationed in the St Ives are of Cornwall during WW2. He was aware that my father-in-law was born.

Tracey Matthewson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 6:31 am:   

looking for Grandfather Joe Eberheart gi he dated my grandmother in 1945-45 london windsor she was in the wrens any infomation would be great !!

Carol Bamford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 8:25 pm:   

Looking for biological father for my Dad. All we know is his fathers' name was J. Oliver, and he was stationed at Derby or nearby during 1943. We have an address of West Ferry Road, London. My Dad, John, was born January 1944 to mother Sarah Jane Hadfield.

ida slater
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 4:50 pm:   

Looking for sibling that my Dad fathered while stationed in England. 1943-1946. I am lead to believe it was a son. Maybe Tweedsmuir Camp. His name was Sid. He was a Lorne Scot and from Toronto, Ont. area.

ladyjane
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 12:16 pm:   

looking for Father...Floyd Gibson ww2 canadian air force service man

Mabel Marshall
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 1:38 pm:   

Looking for family of my father who's Dad was killed in action and supposedly his mom was lost at sea shortly afterwards.My dad was born in Toronto, Ontario may 31, 1942 and was taken by a foster family in 1944. His birth name was Sydney Thomas Mcconkey. We don't know if this is his Mom's maiden name or his Dad's last name. His Dad was supposedly of italian decent.

dianne rucienski
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 9:32 pm:   

I am searching for my husbands biological father.
My husband was born Alfred John Kaufmann 04-10-1953. His mom is Sonja Kaufmann Rucienski. Alfred (Gary, nickname) was adopted in 1960 by Joseph Rucienski. Sonja tells us the man's name was Williams and he was in the army. He left her a note in 1952 when she was three months that he was not returning to see her. We are only interested in closer and medical history, nothing else.
We had also been searching for Sonja's half sister Anita and found she passed away in Augsburg in 1999.
Any help would be appreciated. Sincerely, Dianne Rucienski

Pontypool
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 5:23 am:   

I am looking for an American GI(possibly African-American???) who was stationed at Pontypool / New Inn during 1944. I have absolutely no details about him except that he had a relationship with a lady who worked in a nearby shop/cafe. Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Diane queathem
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 3:37 pm:   

I am looking for a sibling from germany my dad left behind a pregnant girlfriend named Ora his name was Jessie we have pictures of him and her and him on her farm with a stringer full of fish in germany.

PatR
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 7:39 pm:   

Looking for information on my Biological father John Doster who was reported to be stationed at Ashchurch,England in 1944-45.He was an American G.I born circ 1924 in USA and was reported to be a Train Driver Transporting the American Troops within England. He left late 1945 early 1946 by Queen Mary for New York.My mother was English and I became a War Babe and was ADOPTED OUT.I have found my biological mother but would like to find my father,or information on him, even though he may have passed on now.

PatR
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 7:36 pm:   

Looking for information on my Biological father John Doster who was reported to be stationed at Ashchurch,England in 1944-45.He was an American G.I born circ 1924 in USA and was reported to be a Train Drive Transporting the American Troops within England. He left late 1945 early 1946 by Queen Mary for New York.My mother was English and I became a War Babe and was ADOPTED OUT.I have found my biological mother but would like to find my father,or information on him, even though he may have passed on now.

Samantha Lines
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 2:22 pm:   

I am searching for any relatives of my biological grandfather stationed in cornwall in ww2, my father was born in feb 1945, his mother was alma jane davey, she already had 2 children, i know nothing of who my grandfather was apart from he was african american and that his name or surname may have been Fisher or Fischer.

Monique D'Alimonte
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 9:44 am:   

I am looking for any siblings I might have in England or Holland. My dad was in the Canadian army in WW2. He may have fathered a daughter in England, I recently heard about it. He passed away many years ago, but I was told that he had no way of knowing if he was the father. Now we have genetic testing and I would like to know if I have siblings. He was an honorable man and would have stepped up to the plate had there been any way to know for sure at the time. His name was Salomon Bergeron and he was french canadian. You can contact me at mdalimonte@peoplestring.com

Monique D'Alimonte
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 9:42 am:   

I am looking for any siblings I might have in England or Holland. My dad was in the Canadian army in WW2. He may have fathered a daughter in England, I recently heard about it. He passed away many years ago, but I was told that he had no way of knowing if he was the father. Now we have genetic testing and I would like to know if I have siblings. He was an honorable man and would have stepped up to the plate had there been any way to know for sure at the time. You can contact me at mdalimonte@peoplestring.com

Lambert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 1:38 pm:   

Looking for any relatives and/or former colleagues of a serviceman serving in the American army in the summer of 1944. Unfortunately, we have very limited information but believe the individual may have had the nickname of “Whitey” (on account of his fair hair) and that his surname may have been “Turner”. He would have been stationed in or around the Birmingham area of the UK in the summer of 1944. He would have also been friendly with an Anne Lambert who lived in Summer Hill Street in Birmingham. Any information would be gratefully received

Maria M. Gutierrez
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 3:53 am:   

I believe my father, a Mexican-American from Texas, fathered a child in England or Germany during WW11. He/she would be around 65 or 66. I'm 62.

dianne rucienski
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 8:01 pm:   

looking for my hubby's birth father. he was stationed in augsburg, germany in 1952-53.he was in the army. my hubby's mom is sonja kaufmann rucienski and this man left her a letter when she was 3 months along and left. she tells us his name was williams and he said he was from new york.
also, sonja is looking for her half sister anita.
she could still be in germany and her name is scholderer or niedermeir. any help is sincerely appreciated. e-mail drucienski@gmail.com

dianne rucienski
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 7:56 pm:   

looking for my hubby's birth father. he was stationed in augsburg, germany in 1952-53.he was in the army. my hubby's mom is sonja kaufmann rucienski and this man left her a letter when she was 3 months along and left. she tells us his name was williams and he said he was from new york.
also, sonja is looking for her half sister anita.
she could still be in germany and her name is scholderer or niedermeir. any help is sincerely appreciated.

Debs
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 4:52 am:   

Looking for my biological grandfather who we believe was an American/Canadian GI. All we know is that he met my grandmother in London (Audry Lloyd) during 1944 and fathered my mother in August 1944 (she was born in April 1945). Audry, who was from Wrexham in North Wales, refused to disclose anymore and it is my mothers and I's greatest wish to trace her father. If anyone recognises Audry's name please get in touch.

egs
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 3:49 pm:   

My father WWI ARMY may have fathered 2 children in England.
His given name is August Fischer. He is getting up in age and speaking of fathering 2 children prior to my sister and I. He has rarely spoken of a girlfriend in England during his stay there. Sound familiar? Please contact email below.
He was from Milwaukee, WI, USA

Michel Bryant
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 11:21 am:   

Im Looking for anyone in Holland fathered by a canadian soldier during WWII. His name was Michel J Bryant. I know that he had children in holland but im not sure exactly how many he had. He was my grandfather and according to stories from my mother he would write them and send care packages upon his return to Canada. Communication soon stopped as he lost track of them over time. Any information would be appreciated thank you.

Pippa green
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 10:45 am:   

Looking for ww2 gi who fathered a son.
London 1946.
Mothers name Olive.

Ann Melton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 12, 2010 - 6:00 pm:   

I am looking for my English brother. My father's name was Jack Eugene Richardson from Rock Hill SC. He was in the United States Navy and was in the invasion of Normandy. He was 18-19 years old. He was was known for his easy smile, his charm and good looks. He was not married then. My father died in 1971. My mother died recently. I would like to find my half brother. I would like to have information about my father. I loved him very much but I really didn't know him. If anyone has any information about him or my brother who was named John according to my mother's limited information please contact me - annomelton@hotmail.com

Erik Palle Jr
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 8:29 am:   

Am looking for a half-brother or possibly a half-sister fathered by my Dad during WWII. He was stationed in England and worked in the underground tunnels repairing planes. He was in the Army Air Corp and his ranking was Sgt. He was in England appx. 1942-1945. His name was Erik Palle and he was from Dannebrog, Nebraska USA. I don't have anymore info than that as my Dad's war time records were destroyed in a fire year's ago.

vivienne wharton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 9:44 am:   

The information in the letters includes the fact that he was discharged from service on May 2nd in New York. He was discharged along with a friend called Coyne. He also mentioned in a letter that he has a Brother and a Sister. He possibly lived near the sea as he mentions going to the beach. He would have been 21yrs old in 1957 and I believe he was very tall about 6ft 2ins. He would have had thick dark hair and was likened to Rock Hudson. He spent some time in Balham South London, he may have had digs there.

If anyone can help or advise what I can do to find him, please help. Every letter I write and every contact i try does not reply to me. I have been trying to find him since I was diagnosed and treated with breast cancer 6 yrs ago when I found out that the man i thought was my Father was not and my Mother had died 16 months before of breast cancer.It is important to me to try to find him. viv@tarasretreat.com

Vivienne Wharton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 9:41 am:   

I am looking for my Father Donald, he was from Boston Massachussets and was known as Don he would have been born in 1936. He was serving in The United States air force and was stationed in England at West Drayton, in 1956 – 57 and was a telephonist. He met a girl named Judy from Carshalton Surrey (he mentioned this in a letter that he wrote, so he will remember the district). The baby (me)was named Vivienne (he also mentions Vivienne in his letter, so he knew of my existence).

Joanne Hall
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 3:07 am:   

I have recently been advised that my biological grandfather was an American Serviceman name of Ackis Hill (from Florida) he was injured at charleroi and hospitalised in wiltshire (devizes area) My Grandmothers name Ethel Joan Batchelor (used Joan as first name) Any information would be gratefully received

Rich
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 10:08 am:   

Looking for my half sister in Britain. My father was stationed in New-Castle on tyne around 1942,1943, He was dateing a school teacher, sorry don't know her name. His name was Glenn M Seaman from New York state.

DAN Thompson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 8:28 pm:   

Looking for my sibling concieved March of 1945 the childs family (housed my father and another GI) in their home in Southhampton During the battle of the buldge for one month in March 1945. The mother worked in a nearby pub and she knew my father was married and was from Anaheim, California. Dad had several names, He hated his given name and used several aliasis. He was born Carmi Newcomb Thompson also going by C. N., Tom, Tommy. Newk, His military record file in St Louis, Mo. was burned in that fire. We know there are others born on the continent France & Arnheim, Holland He was a staff sargent when he came home. I have a military picture and the childs mother would certainly have had one too. She also had moms addres in Anaheim. Any help appreciated this is family.

katie daugherty eggleston
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 4:57 am:   

i am looking for a child or children born in england fathered by my dad EVERETT M. DAUGHERTY.
my dad was in the 101st, 501st airborne. any
information woul be very,very gratefully appreciated.

Amy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 2:54 pm:   

I am looking for my GI grandfather. He fathered my dad, Roger David Hunt who was born in March 1946 to an English mother in the Birmingham area, and adopted by the Hunt family.

I have no further information on my grandfather, but have been told that my father's birth mother was already married and hence had to give the baby up. Her married name may have been Jenkins, but this is from a vague recollection only.

Do you know anyone who may have been the American (or possibly even Canadian?) serviceman? Do you know anyone who served in the Birmingham area in 1945 and was involved with a local lady?

cindy1
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 8:02 am:   

Trying to find details of my biological father. I THINK his name was Dennis Barber, he would have been born around 1910. I have been told he MAY have been a GI or a Canadian. My mother would not tell me anything about him, but when I found a man's ring, she told me his name, and that she was engaged to him, but when she became pregnant he had to admit that he was already married with a child. She would have no more to do with him. Apparently he was stationed in Lincolnshire, but was attached to Guy Gibson's bomber command.

joyeary
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 9:07 pm:   

Looking for sibling born 1945-1946. My father was 17-19 during this time and fathered a child. He was in the American Navy and stationed in Weymouth. I know that he and a friend kept an apartment in Weymouth for their off time. This sibling would probably be just over 60-65. I do have a picture of the mother when she was I think pregnant, she was blond and on the shorter side. The onlt thing that the back of the picture says is beutty.

Joy Eary

Jane Fredberg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 9:35 pm:   

I am looking for my half-sister born in Newbury, Berkshire, England in probably the 2nd half of 1944. Her mother's name was Marjorie Chapman and she lived at 21 St. Michael Street. My sister's name was Karalyn Elaine Chapman at birth. Our father's name was Gerald Olson and he was with the U.S. Army Air Corps. He was from Iowa. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Shell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 3:51 pm:   

He was an american soldier from VA

Shell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 3:50 pm:   

my grandfather fathered a daughter in england?? during WWII. Those are the only details I have. I would love to find her. My grandfather's name was John. He was probably around 20 years old then. I will have to get more info from my mom to post.

Anne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 10:05 pm:   

Helping to look for an American GI stationed in Fould, South Derbyshire UK in 1943. The info I have is that his name is possibly Gerald or Gary Wells. He met a woman named Helen Brooks during his duty in the UK. He fathered a son, but the woman and son did not want to move to the US with him. His son is looking for information on his father or any relatives he may have. Don't know what branch of the military Mr. Wells was in. His family/relatives maybe living in Ohio. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

Craig Curtis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 3:44 am:   

I AM TRYING TO TRACE FAMILY MEMBERS OF A JOE KENDLE who was with the American Forces during WW2 I believe he was an Airforce Officer.
He was possibly injured and spent time in the UK American Hospital, Frenchay, Bristol, England.
He was definitely in Bristol during Mid to Late 1944. At this time he was about 20-25 years old.
He spent time visiting with an English Family named Jenkins, who lived in Cleeve Hill, Downend, Bristol, where he was very highly thought of.
It is thought he came from Florida, where his father was a Doctor.
If Joe was married, before or after the war (if he did make it back) did he have children?
Did he have brothers or sisters who married and had children?
If by the remotest chance you are related to Joe or know of any member of his family, I would be eternally grateful if you could pass this letter on and would advise me of this.

craigcurtis@talktalk.net

Dollye M Zezulka
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 9:35 pm:   

looking for a male fathered by Dick McKleroy in Germany, possibly Frankfurt or Heidleberg , I was lead to beleive I may have a brother

Carl Struppler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 8:25 pm:   

My uncle, Chauncey Leigh Hendershot, from Pennsylvania, USA, was stationed in England during part of WWII. It is my understanding he had a girl friend there and possibly married her. I believe they had a child, a girl, I believe. I would love to find her as she would be my cousin.

tim eustace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 3:32 am:   

I am looking for my biological father who was a US Naval Officer stationed in Penryn, Cornwall, England in 1944/45. My mother was Mrs Queenie Eustace living at the Kings Arms Hotel, Penryn.She was married with 1 son. This was Xmas 1944/45 after D-Day.I would be interested in hearing from anyone who was stationed in the Penryn area at that time.

Penny Horn Briel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   

Looking for my half brother who was born during WWII to a British Mother and my Father Alfred Lee Horn from Mattoon, Illinois,USA

Mary Ford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   

looking for biological father/family I was born july 1944 & my sister June 1946 My mother died having this baby. an old nurse says a GI boyfriend visited my mother in St Martins hospital Bath Somerset before she died. Mothers name was Doris Ford. Can anyone help me find my
family please

Robert A. Forbes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 5:48 am:   

Looking for my biological Mother:
Her name: Helga Doris Wegner
Her Birthplace: Listed as Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Her Date of Birth: Possibly 1934 or 1935
Looking for my biological Father also: Unknown
I was born June 13, 1952 in Frankfurt am Main

Robert A. Forbes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 5:46 am:   

Looking for my biological Mother:
Her name: Helga Doris Wegner
Her Birthplace: Listed as Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Her Date of Birth: Possibly 1934 or 1935
Looking for my biological Father also: Unknown
I was born June 13, 1952 in Franfurt am Main

stacy
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 2:47 pm:   

hello,
Just happened on this post in a google search. Visiting Ashcurch tracing my granfathers past tomorrow. My grandfather was in Ashchurch with the 880th ORD HAM (heavy maintenance) Co. APO 518. 1943-1944. There is only one John from Illinois listed among his Company. It is
John F. Wozinski
3116 W. 41st Place Chicago Ill.
His company was under the command of Jack E. Burg. I have this information from a copy of the unit history. Unfortunately my grandfather passed away so I don't know any more. Hope that is a help.
stacy
y2cats@aol.com

stacy
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 2:45 pm:   

hello,
Just happened on this post in a google search. Visiting Ashcurch tracing my granfathers past tomorrow. My grandfather was in Ashchurch with the 880th ORD HAM (heavy maintenance) Co. APO 518. 1943-1944. There is only one John from Illinois listed among his Company. It is
John F. Wozinski
3116 W. 41st Place Chicago Ill.
His company was under the command of Jack E. Burg. I have this information from a copy of the unit history. Unfortunately my grandfather passed away so I don't know any more. Hope that is a help.
stacy
y2cats@aol.com

lesley staite
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 1:39 pm:   

looking for more info to enable me to locate family of my biological father:
only info I have is as follows
Name John ?
came from Illinois
age 32
stationed in Ashchurch, England mid to late 1944
Killed or missing in action late December 1944
Status: Corporal something to do with tanks/heavy equipment
any information would be gratefully appreciated

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: