9th Armored Infantry Battalion, 6th A... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 9th Armored Infantry Battalion, 6th Armored Division « Previous Next »

Joe Fox
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 7:58 am:   

Looking for any information on William (Bill) Fox
Company C, 9th Armored Infantry Battalion, 6th Armored div.

KRJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 12:00 pm:   

I am still looking for a WW2 GI who is called Mike Maloney
He was in or near Cardiff. In May or June 1944 I do not know
What American outfit he was in, if any one has any information
Please email me at jenkinsken@hotmail.com

Atu
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 3:37 pm:   

Back in my Marine Reserve days we used to run Command Post Exercises - moving aonurd units on a map and sending radio messages. We always made up unit names like "5th Cuban Bicycle Brigade". Didn't realize we were prophetic.

Ken jenkins
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 1:59 pm:   

I am trying to locate a GI in an armoured outfit
he was base in Cardiff May June 1944 his name
is Mike Maloney he came from Texas

Nick
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 9:50 am:   

I never met my biological father. I think his name was Novak or similar. He was based at Nocton Hall in Lincolshire, Uk. He was an american army serviceman and would have served at Nocton between 1943 and 1945. The base was used by the United States Army Seventh General Hospital.He must have returned to the us but I sure would like to find him. My mothers name was Josie and they would have met in or around the city of Lincoln

gordon hirsch
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 10:02 am:   

my uncle gordon was kia feb. 8 45......was in the 9th armd inf. bn......would like to know the timeline of his unit....he was around the ardennes......

Joanne Kieckbusch
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 7:52 pm:   

My uncle(mothers brother) was in the 9th batt, 6th armored div. He was killed on Sept 11, 1944, burried @ Brittany American Cemetery, St. James(Manche), France. I never knew him, but I know my mother loved him very much. I would like to know more about him, if anyone has any info.

sara mccolley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 17, 2010 - 8:45 pm:   

Not sure about the date, but my grandfather witnessed the death of a few men that year in about the same area of France. I was researching information about this event and wound up here. All I know about my event is that a missile hit someone who was sitting in a room and killed that man then collapsed the building killing most of the others in the room. I don't know how much this helps, especially six years after you posted, but I hope it can lead you to better results.

Jim Christian
Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 1:31 pm:   

Looking for information about the 9th Armored Infantry Battalion with the 6th Armored Division under Patton's Third Army. My grandfather, James O. Christian - Ser# 37589987, was killed in action on November 26th, 1944. My research has led to knowing that he was not a member of Company B, but I am still trying to track down information about the other Companies with the 9th AIB. About all I can find that happened on that date concerned Task Force Britton on a hill near Valette, part of the Puttelange Forest area. Any help finding morning reports etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: