84th. Div. - 334th. Infantry - I Co. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 84th. Div. - 334th. Infantry - I Co. « Previous Next »

Freeda I. Cothren
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:54 pm:   

My brother Wendal W. Verser Co.I 334th Div. in Operation Clipper 18th Nov. to 26th of Nov. when he died in battle. I am looking for Guy Charles Ellis from Cleveland , Ohio who saw my brother wounded. Ellis also was wounded, but survived. I live in AR.
I would appreciate if any one knew exactly how and what day my brother died I would appreciate if you would contact me. I have read the book of Operation Clipper,by Ken Ford but could not pinpoint when he was wounded or what happened.

Dan Fischer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 2:37 pm:   

I have a copy of the book Fortune Favored the Brave; A history of the 334th infantry 84th Division if anyone is interested in it.

Helen Wiecking King
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 9:11 pm:   

Looking for any information on Lt Fred Wiecking, Company I commander who was wounded on Dec 24 and initially listed as MIA during the Battle of the Bulge at Rochfort, Belgium. My father died in 1963 as a result of these injuries. He never spoke about the war and my memories of him are those of the 12 year-old I was when he died.

My email address is wiecking_king@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Helen Wiecking King

BruceClaire Grubb
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 12:46 pm:   

My father was Cpl Bruce C. Grubb, Dumas, Arkansas. He was killed Christmas Day, 1944 at the Battle of the Bulge. On the 50th anniversary of his death I was fortunate to locate Orval Abshier, Carthage, MO who was with him when he died. Until then my Mother could never put him to rest because she worried that he was alone when he died. He was buried in Henri Chappelle cemetary until repatriation in 1948.

David Lewis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 5:18 pm:   

My Father, Sgt. Wilfred(Bill) Lewis was in the 84th, 335th Infantry, Co. I, Squad Leader 745. He was inducted in June/July 1944 and after basic, was in the Battle of the Bulge through the VE, and coming home in 1946. He died in 1976 unfortunately, so it may not help add any insights to the questions here....

shawn denney
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 9:46 am:   

looking for any stories or info on Joseph Cleve Bartenfeld (Bud) 334th I company. Anyone who can give me some insight I would be truely greatful

linda goggins
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 6:02 pm:   

This is in response to Alison Hunt who was asking about George (Anton) Gerstenmaier??
He was cousin Georgie. I never met him, but his sister Flora was my Aunt. He has a sister still with us.

todd
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 8:14 pm:   

My wifes uncle was in I company, fought through the battle of the buldge and was killed in action in January 45

mikedianda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 9:38 pm:   

My Grandfather Millard Reich Talked of a Clarence McCollum before in his stories of Prummern. I could ask him about info if u wish. Mike Dianda Sasakwa Okla

chris h.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   

hello, I bought an old house in beeck near prummern. the 334th reg. was here as I read it somewhere. as my house has a lot of granade damages I would like to talk to people who remember the attack on beeck operation clipper!

I d like to get some mails

(delete spaces in e mail)

Alison Hunt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 6:32 pm:   

Does anyone have information about George (Anton)Gerstenmaier? He was with the 334th. A 19-year-old from Connecticut who died November 20, 1944. Unfortunately, I do not know any of the family members who are direct descendants or who know his battalion or company. My mother-in-law is his cousin and wew will be visiting the Geilenkirchen area and Margraten shortly.
Alison Hunt
Bloomfield, CT

Bob Rzeppa
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   

Thank you for the reccomendation. I have this book on order now.

Bob

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 1:48 pm:   

You might try this book:

WOLFF, CPL. PERRY S. A HISTORY OF THE 334TH INFANTRY 84TH DIVISION.
n.p., Mannheimer Gro§druckerei, 1945, First edition. , Original beige cloth stamped with title and decoration in red and blue, 6 x 8 inches, 230pp. Profusely illustrated with b/w photos, maps (including 2 folding), drawings. Fine; clean and unworn. The 334th saw action in Belgium in the winter of 1944, and on their trek from the Rhine to the Elbe in 1945. This book was published in August, 1945
USD 125.00

Offered by: Chanticleer Books - Book number: 13688
See more books from our catalog: Military

Robert Rzeppa
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   

My Uncle was in the 84th, 334th Infantry, company K. He went MIA on Nov 21, 1944, near Prummern. His name was same as mine. Rzeppa, Robert L., from Chicago.

My Grandmother never found out exactly what happened to him. I'm sure this was not unusual.

Bob Rzeppa
Phoenix, AZ

Douglas J Harvey
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 2:56 pm:   

I was in the Prummern area with the 1st Bn 84th Infantry Division from the 19th November 1944 untill we left a month later for the Battle of the Bulge. I did not know Clarence but I'm sure we had common experiences. I would be glad to email some of my experiences from that time.

Douglas J Harvey

Joyce Ann Reynolds
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 8:01 pm:   

Looking for someone in same Div. - Inf. - and Co. as my dad Pvt. Clarence E. McCollum. He took basic training at Camp Hood, Tx June-July 1944, then was sent overseas. Was killed in action near the town of Prummern in Germany on November 20, 1944. Would love to have any information of someone who may have known him or near that area at the time my dad was killed.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: