A German sentiment 3 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » A German sentiment 3 « Previous Next »

Karsten Laqua
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 9:51 am:   

Today freedom of speech is a reality in Germany as well as in all the rest of Europe. You and your whole families had to suffer to archive that goal. Sadly we Germans don't seem to realize anymore what price was attached to this freedom for the US and my home country. That freedom of speech is now much used to criticize the US and the leadership of this country. My countryman have forgotten the price of inaction and I want to apologize on their behalf! I am truly ashamed for them, never the less they are making use of the gift your and the generation before you has given them! Whatever the stand of other Germans is, here is mine.
I thank You, and your Mom's and Dad's for their suffering. The only way I can repay you for what your Dad's have done is pick up that torch of freedom and try to make people understand that the price of that freedom never came cheap and that is what makes it such a precious gift!
THANK YOU!
http://www.laqua.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: