A German sentiment 1 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » A German sentiment 1 « Previous Next »

Karsten Laqua
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 9:48 am:   

Hello to all who frequent this board. During the last couple month I found myself challenged to think about my countries history. My family involvement and the overall German stand in relation to current events and how the US has handled them. This has lead me personally to a much deeper appreciation of the events and sacrifices that where made, though unknowingly, on my behalf.

I personally want to say Thank You for the sacrifice you and your parents have made. For if it where not for these sacrifices, I would not be able to write these lines! Some 61 years ago it was the action of Japan that forced the peace movement in this country in the background when it attacked Pearl Harbor. That action forced the US to take part in a conflict it tried to avoid because of all sorts of good reasons. The price of the prolonged inaction was great on all sides but never the less has made this World what it is today.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: