Photo Research Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » Photo Research « Previous Next »

William Pierce Leavenworth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:42 am:   

Bill, I sent you an e-mail regarding photos of B Co., 743rd Tank Bn. My second cousin, Joseph J. Pierce, was in the unit and KIA on July 9th, 1944 in Normandy, France.

Allena Wood
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 12:55 pm:   

I never saw my father or a photo. Please locate one for me. His name is:

S/S Horowitz, George (G) 577th KIA on 29 January l944 Usury crew 392nd with Major Gray was Mission Command Pilot to bomb targets near Frankfurt, Germany. Mid-air collision with 482nd plane during formation near English villages of Gissing and Tivetshall, Norfolk, around l000 hrs. The B-24J, #42100005, nicknamed "Old Man Boston Marclar, Call Letter "P" on its 2nd mission. My hearts desire is to see his face. Thank you.

Bill Rau
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 7:33 am:   

I have been conducting research on my father's period in the Army Air Force (he was killed in action in January 1945, over Yugoslavia). One of the most useful kinds of information I've found are photos of the context in which he lived and flew.

I have become very familiar with the very large (hundreds of thousands) photo collection in the National Archives in College Park, MD. I am willing to do photo research at a discounted price for AWON members and visitors about their father/relative. The chances of finding a photo of a specific person are limited. However, it is likely that some contextual photos can be found and scanned.

Contact me if I can be of help in finding photos that will be useful to you.

Bill Rau
brau30@yahoo.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: