743rd Tank Battalion (XIX Corps) casu... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 743rd Tank Battalion (XIX Corps) casualties SEPTEMBER 1944 « Previous Next »

Jack Solomon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 7:17 pm:   

I noticed that your cousin, Joseph J. Pierce was killed on July 9, 1944. I am sure that your are aware that he is interred at the Zachary Taylor National Cemetery in a grave not only containing his remains but also those of John L. Benton (DSC, 6/6/44), James M. Rogers, William D. Riffel and Phillip L. Robinson. The only explanation for this joint internment is that they were a tank crew of the M4 Sherman tank that hit a land mine on July 9, 1944 near Vire, France. Does anyone have any information regarding these men or the incident? Thanks, Jack

Dulce
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 4:44 am:   

In the complicated world we live in, it's good to find simple soultions.

bill baumann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2012 - 12:23 pm:   

looking for any info on a ambrose stedl, kia aug 1944. thanks

neil ward
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 1:49 pm:   

My cousin was Wilbur Roy Ward
he was wounded 7/29/1944 .. think Gonniviere Mance
he passed on 7/30/1944
was buried temporarly at blosville
transferred to arlington 1948
if anyone knew him or knows how i can get his role in Operation Cobra; please let me know.

thanks,

neil

John Frederick Craig Taylor
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 9:04 am:   

My father, John F. Taylor served with the 743rd in company A. Anyone have pictures of him with his tank, please contact me. Only photos I have of him are from Fort Knox and Stars &Stripes. The S. & S. photo was him getting the Silver Star. Only tank name I ever heard him mention was Axis Ass Aches. He did say at one time that his tank could be identified by a human skull mounted on the fender.

Diane D. Reeves
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:55 pm:   

My dad, Lt. Gordon Rae MacLachlan was in Company A. He was killed on Aug. 7, 1944 at Mortain, France. Does anyone remember him??

William Pierce Leavenworth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:30 am:   

Try the book "View From the Turret" on Amazon dot com. It is a history of this unit. My second cousin, Joseph J. Pierce, was KIA on 9 July when his M-4 Sherman tank hit a land mine. He was in "B" Company, 743rd.

Arno Lasoe
Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 10:32 am:   

Wanted to inform you that I'm are searching for additional information about the following casualties of the 743rd Tank Battalion (XIX Corps)during the month of September 1944:

Pvt GATLIN Amos J
Pfc KEITH Clifton R
Pfc ROBINSON Robert J

Arno Lasoe
September 1944 straat 5
6418 AV Heerlen
The Netherlands

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: