531st AAA AW Bn (XIX Corps) casualtie... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 531st AAA AW Bn (XIX Corps) casualties SEPTEMBER 1944 « Previous Next »

Jeff Birkeland
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 - 3:13 pm:   

My uncle was a member of Battery B. I have been doing more research on the unit. Looking for diaries or letters.

David Kvale
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2019 - 4:12 pm:   

My dad Private Norin Kvale was a part of Battery D
, 531st AAA AW Battalion. I wish I knew more of the history of this unit. Is there anyone out there who might know more?
Thank you,
David Kvale

Kevin Taylor
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 3:06 pm:   

I just returned to US after taking a WWII trip throughout Europe. The highlight of my trip was visiting my uncle's grave at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery in Belgium. My uncle was Cpl Arnold H Meyer, a member of the 531st AAA AW Batallion, who was killed in September 1944. It was so comforting to see the beauty of the cemetery and knowing that the people of Belgium to this day are still thankful of the sacrifice of American soldiers. I am still researching the details of my uncle's death. If anyone has any additional info please let me know.

William Dean Moore
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 10:52 am:   

I am in posession of a memorial book of the 531st AAA AW Batallion. I would like to find relatives of someone who was in that Batallion and pass it on to them.

Lithin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 1:06 am:   

Here's to your Grandfather. I'm sorry for your loss Andrew. It's something of a a ffautel event that you were able to pull off this book before his passing and have it stand forever as a testament to him and the soldiers who sacrifice everyday and inevitably for the rest of their lives living with their memories of war.I like the original cover with it's memoiresque feel. The final is perfect though and it's nice that it turned into something larger and more wholesome in terms of being a record of the events.Good looking guy too. I can see his features in you from the picture you have on your website.

Virgil O. Matz
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 9:06 am:   

Windsor Congreational Cemetery
Dane County, Wisconsin
27 July 1913 - 28 Sep 1944
Pvt. Coast Art'y Corp. WWII

Arno Lasoe
Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 10:26 am:   

Wanted to inform you that I'm are searching for additional information about the following casualties of the 531st Anti Aircraft Artillery Battalion during the month of September 1944:

Sgt GILLENBERG Philip B
Pvt IRELAND Walter D
Cpl MEYER Arnold H
1Lt THOMAS Thaddeus E

Arno Lasoe
September 1944 straat 5
6418 AV Heerlen
The Netherlands

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: