119th Inf Rgt (30th Inf Div) casualti... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 119th Inf Rgt (30th Inf Div) casualties SEPTEMBER 1944 « Previous Next »

Gene Sullivan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 9:08 pm:   

Sgt Walter McMahon Kia July 30 1044 buried Normandy American cemetery.Does anybody know what the unit was involved in on that date

Ron Freeman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 11:19 am:   

My son in lawís father SSgt Richard Harris was a Squad Leader with the 119th when wounded twice after crossing the Roer River on 2/23/45. He was also in the D+1 counter attack of HG Peiperís SS Panzer Div. on 12/21/44 at La Gleize.
His daily hand written battlefield notebooks do not indentify his battalion, company or platoon, and in order to complete the book for the period 9/2/44 thru 2/29/45 covered by his notes, Iím seeking any information of any sort anyone might have!
Ron Freeman, Mt. Kisco, NY

Peter Kucera
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 1:45 pm:   

I am trying to learn details about the death of my cousin Florian Kucera on August 10, 1944. He is buried in Saint-James, Manche, France. Does anyone know where I can find anything? I have checked the regimental history, but no details. Thank you!

joel BERGES
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 2:18 pm:   

Hello

A friend has found last week , in Normandy , in the ground (heavy fights here) , an US Dog Tag stamped SPRADLEY Clyde A
Gen DEL Mc FARLAND CALIF

do you have please some informations ? he was killed during the war or not ? and perhaps the adress of the family ?

thank you in advance

Best regards from France

Bob Pitts
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 1:21 pm:   

I am looking for further information about Raymond W. Werges, ASN 37627504, who was in the 119th. He was KIA on November 23, 1944. The place of death was listed as Kohlscheid, Germany, but I think it was an ammo dump. I think he may have been involved with the assault on Merzenhausen. I'd love to know what Company he was in and any circumstances about his death. If anyone can help, it would be great.

Anthony Iozzo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2014 - 9:31 am:   

I am looking for any information regarding the death of my father KIA near St Lo. July 12, 1944.
LT Anthony Iozzo

Jim Pirtz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:01 am:   

MATT PIRTZ
MONTANA
STAFF SGT 119 INF 30 DIV
WORLD WAR II
NOV 28 1913 - NOV 26 1944
I am trying to find out any information about my uncles death when, where, and how.

lindaburson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:42 pm:   

GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

Robert M. Wood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 7:51 pm:   

This was the day that my father, Private Clarence C. Wood was captured while assigned to Company A of the 119th. He told me many times of the German tanks that counter attracted near sunset and overran their exposed position of Aachen while firing cannons and machine guns. He was at one end of a road adjacent to the exposed field and along with his foxhole buddy 'Bert' slipped away and hid in the cellar of an unoccupied German farm house. His capture occurred when the German Infantry who accompanied the tanks searched the farm house he was hidden in. The two of them carried another wounded soldier for the balance of the night until they were placed in the cellar of a Catholic Church. I know that this is no help for your pursuit of specific information on your Uncle Joe, but I thought you might be interested in the type of action that was happening in that area on that day.

Joe Martucci
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 10:09 am:   

I am the nephew and namesake of Pvt. Joseph Scodella, who served in the 119th Regiment of he 30th Infantry Div. and died of wounds Oct. 10, 1944 near Aachen ... seeking any information on his service. Thank you.

Bryan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 8:46 am:   

My Grandad was pfc Gordon Henry Graff served in 119/e 30th division. what i really want to know is how he got captured on 7/23/1944 anybody who knew him please respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raul Fenaroli
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:18 pm:   

I'm looking any informations about PFC John M. Carroll from Philadelphia (Penn), 119th Infantry Regiment, 30th US Division, ASN 33584940, KIA in Normandy July 18th, 1944. Thanx in advance.

Joseph Davenport
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 6:27 am:   

My father, Elmer "Gene" Davenport, was in the 119th Inf Rgmt and captured during house-to-house fighting in, or near Aachen, on 22 Oct 1944. Does anyone remember him?

roy hudson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 1:46 pm:   

my uncle was pfc. Robert Milton Mason of the 119th. from lynchburg, va. he was killed on July 15th, 1944 around St.Lo, he was 18. i would be grateful hearing from anyone with information about him.

Edward Falk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 11:42 am:   

I am the grandson of Pfc Michael Gerazunis's brother. He had no wife or children and I'm searching for information on him as well. How did you come across his name?

Trulene Nash
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 8:48 am:   

Attention Arno Lasoe:

I am with the Campbell County, TN Historical Society and can assist you with reseach on Pvt. Waymon R. Lawhorn. What information do you want on this individual?

Arno Lasoe
Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 7:23 am:   

Wanted to inform you that I'm are searching for additional information about the following casualties of the 119th Infantry Regiment during the month of September 1944:

Sgt BAKER Robert S
T/Sgt BEGORE Quentin K
Pfc BENTON Howard W
S/Sgt BOOHER Roy L
Capt BOWERS Earle C
Pfc BUCKLER Cleaver F
Pfc BYERS Thomas R
S/Sgt DE FEDE Louis J
Pfc FARIAS Adan
Pfc GARRETT Henry M
Pfc GERAZUNIS Michael M
Sgt HAWS Robert S
Sgt HAYNES Forrest G
Sgt HILL Cecil E
Pfc HORTON Wallace J
S/Sgt KINNEY John J
S/Sgt KRÜGER Walter D
Pvt LAWHORN Waymon R
Pvt MARRONE Dominick W
SSgt MILLER Nathaniel T
Pfc MORGAN Henry M
Pfc MORGAN Henry E
Pvt PEARSON Daniel
Pfc REEVES John C
Cpl ROTH Arthur S
Pvt SCHNEIDER Milton V
Pfc SIMMONS Harold F
Pvt SPOGANETZ Peter
Pfc SPRADLEY Clyde A
Pfc STARK Harry L
Pvt VIVIANO Sam J
Pfc WILSON Glenn M

Arno Lasoe
September 1944 straat 5
6418 AV Heerlen
The Netherlands

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: