45th Infantry Division Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 45th Infantry Division « Previous Next »

Chris Cannon
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 8:27 am:   

I am trying to find some information about my uncle, James L Auston from Birmingham in the 157th Reg 45th Inf, who died in Stalag 2B Hammestein in Dec 1945. In talking with my relatives, they had conflicting stories of his death, the Army said he died of Meningitis, but months later they received a letter from a priest that said he was shot trying to escape. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate an email. Thanks.

Eric Rieth
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 10:47 am:   

The World War II Recreation Association, 45th Infantry Division living Historians; maitains a website at http://www.45thdivision.org . We are affiliated with the 157th Infantry Regiment Veterans Association but are gathering information from all of the 45th Infantry. If you get in touch with us we may be able to answer questions about your relative or find a Veteran who can.
Respectfully,
Eric Rieth

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: