175th 29th Infantry Company K Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 5) RESEARCHING MIAs and KIAs of WWII » 175th 29th Infantry Company K « Previous Next »

mtet53
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 5:05 pm:   

My dad was in Co. K, 175th Inf. I've been looking at his discharge papers. He was in the Normandy Campaign, the Northern France Campaign and the Rhineland Campaign before being shot and sent on his way to Percy Jones Hospital. We're going to Normandy next year. Dad has been gone 42 yrs now but it's still going to be a tough visit. However I want to see where my dad was at one point.

Brian Early
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 2:25 pm:   

looking for information on where Co K was at the invasion of Normandy.

William Dennis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 8:37 am:   

Looking for info on Co K 29infantry from 1908 1909 time period

Stu Berlin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 8:08 pm:   

My father Homer Berlin was in K company of I believe the 175th Inf. He is still alive at this time of writing (97 y.o.) and stated that he landed via a Rhino Barge. Does anyone have information as to time and place of landing?

Tom Hughes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 7:32 am:   

My Dad was part of K Company heading up the kitchen staff. He took down the Nazi flag at Port Brest and had 132 soldiers sign it. This included
S. Sgt. George Morris from Elkton Kentucky.

Kent Gutschke
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2014 - 4:55 pm:   

Hi,

My father was George Gutschke. He served in Company K of the 175th IR of the 29th. He was in 1st platoon which landed on Omaha Beach June 6th. His boat landed in Easy Red or Fox Green sector because he could find no one from his Company and fought with the 1st Infantry Division on the 6th before returning to his unit.

I do have some pictures from training and a couple have people who my father has forgotten. I will try to post those. My father knew GW Hall in Company I and Donald Yeager of Company K.

Please contact me if you need or have any information.

Thanks!

Kent

lindaburson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:44 pm:   

GI & Family International Search (Facebook)
This Group is for people searching for their G.I fathers, also for American children looking for their English siblings..It is a friendly helpfull group, where you can chat and get help with your search..There is no charge and no need for form filling..We are all here to help in any way .If you would like to join GI&Family International Search please E.mail wastle1-gayle@yahoo.co.uk

james williams
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 8:03 pm:   

Any information on my father Norman E Williams ?
Wounded June 19th 1944.
Company K 175th Inf
Radio operator 776

Will
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 5:23 am:   

the 101st retains the aibnorre title for historic purposes, it used to be an aibnorre unit but its not anymore. its a conventional light infantry unit made up of conventional MOSs (11b, etc)5th SFG is special forces, its a special operations force that is made up of special forces personel (18 series MOSs) and handles missions that are designated to be SOCOMs area.long story short:101st: regular leg infantry division5th SFG: special operations forceall units that are active aibnorre units (as well as a few like the 101st that have it for historical reasons) have aibnorre at the end of it. 82nd Airborne, 173rd Airborne, 75th Ranger Regiment (Airborne),# SFG (Airborne) etc

Ronald G. Gard
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 6:06 pm:   

I am looking for any photos of Company K 175th Infantry 29th Division. My father in law Clifford Anton Svacina served with this unit.

Adnan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 6:22 pm:   

Thank you for posting these pohots. Our family connects to several Westwood families. Collignons, Duries, Herings, and Blauvelts are in our family tree. We have included these records in our genealogy online.

Sherill Cross
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 7:49 am:   

Familiy is looking for information on T/Sgt Joe Morgan Cross who was in Company K, 175th Infantry, 29th Infantry Division during combat operations then was transfered to the 273rd Infantry, 69th Infantry Division after VE-Day. He was from Texas.

Gerald Ciranni
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 9:19 am:   

Looking for information on Samuel C. Arone who died in May 1943, was with 175th regiment, company C. From my research the company was in training exercises on Devin-Cornwall Peninsula at the time. Any information about loss of life during non-combat activities? Thanks

Rob Tanner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:54 pm:   

I'm looking for anyone who may have know my Grandfather Brooks C. Tanner. He was in the 29th infantry, 175th regiment, company k. I know he landed on D-Day on Omaha Beach and was in the second Wave to hit. He passed away a few years ago and i would like to find out more information about his tour.

mrmpgh
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 7:16 pm:   

I am looking for anyone who may have known my Great Uncle, Mathew Fabiszewski. He was in the 175th Regiment, 29th Infantry Division. He was from Pittsburgh. He had a shock of white hair. He was killed September 13, 1944, I believe at Brest. He may have gone by the nick name "Peps".

terimontgomery
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 8:08 am:   

I am looking for anyone who has information about Frank Chaddish, Charles Hedgecloth or Mike Swab who served with my father in Normandy. His name is George S. Morris. Thank you

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: