313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantr... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 1) ARMY CONNECTIONS » ARMY Units » 313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division « Previous Next »

Julie Chitwood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 6:29 am:   

Searching for information on Sgt. George William 'Billy' Delany of St. Louis. Also would love to know what his duties might have been as a mine detector - I'm guessing he used something like a hand-held mine detector - but is that all he would have done?

Thank you. brchitwood@gmail.com

Julie Chitwood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 12:22 pm:   

I'm just finishing up a great book on the 313 - written by the 313 - it can be downloaded free and has a roster in the back. Lots of great pictures and details. It won't let me add the link but you should be able to google Bangor Public Library WORLD WAR REGIMENTAL HISTORIES
History of the 313th Infantry in World War II

Julie Chitwood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 11:11 am:   

Looking for any information on a George William 'Billy' Delany of St. Louis Mo. He served with the 79th 318 Infantry and was killed on 19 Dec. 1944, age 20. Noticed some one above found a grave with that date on it. Reading the History of the 313 & it is great - Billy is listed on the roster - he was a Sgt - mine detection. No idea which company.

For the person interested in G company here is a great site and includes pictures. I tried to email but it got bounced. popjpeg{758,George William 'Billy' Delany}

Douglas Boneparth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2014 - 4:07 pm:   

Looking for my grandfather's regiment in the 79th during WW2. Did not land on the beaches, but had 18 months of action.

Henry Lubin - made sergeant and transferred to the 1st infantry to stand guard at Nuremberg under the 26th regiment.

LINDAGMAIL.COM
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2014 - 3:38 pm:   

LOOKING FOR ANY IN THE 79 TH DIVISON WWii PFC William iburke

Maureen Walther
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 4:17 pm:   

My dad, Laurence Pliner,who is 94, was in the 79th Division, G company, 313th Regiment. He has started telling the stories in the past few years and we went through his footlocker recently. He still has his uniform and the jacket still fits! His dad was in the 79th Division during WWI and we have his uniform too! He has a small journal that he kept during part of his tour. Would love to hear from anyone that may have more info about G company or that may have pictures.

EDavis1964
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2014 - 6:00 pm:   

I found a book WW2 history of the 313th. I found my father's name in the book. His name was Edd Davis and was a Private in the 79th. He was wounded in July 1944 and in the hospital for months after. I tried to upload but I guess the file is to big. Email me if you can't find it and want a copy of it.
edward.davisjr@yahoo.com

D. Nallon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2014 - 7:26 pm:   

Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 10:16 am:

Looking for information on behalf of my mother for her first cousin Joseph E. McNamara. He was a Private, US Army, 313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division. Died July 13, 1944. Likely near La Hays de Puits, France. Thanks, A G Hennessy

My Father Talked about a McNamara who was killed in France and is buried in Normandy that he served with. He talked about him for 50 + years that I remember. They entered through Massachusetts He was the only guy my father talked about till the day he passed in 2002.

Dan Dykes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 7:55 pm:   

Searching for information about my uncle Staff Sargent Edwin P. Dykes, 313th Infantry, KIA 10/15/44. Any information would be appreciate ddykes7713@aol.com

Clive Brookes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 9:16 am:   

Hi all, I am a local historian rewriting the website entry for FOAM, Friends of Marbury and Anderton, Cheshire England. Marbury Hall was the camp occupied by most of the 313 Regiment and its artillery from April 1944 until early June 1944 when it moved south to embark for Normandy. If anyone has photographs, diaries or maps you'd like to share we would like to put the material into an account of the war years at Marbury to add to the English, Scottish and Polish material we are collecting from earlier military units on site. We want to honour those thousands of men who lived in our community and fought for our freedom.

jim cox
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 7:14 am:   

my father, t/sgt george w. cox was in L company of the 313th infantry regiment and was wia around middle of july 1944. i have his information book of who was in what squad and who was wia and kia. anyone interested my name is james c. cox and my email is jccrxphd@att.net

H. Patrick Weir
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 7:28 pm:   

My uncle, Peter Joseph McCabe died from wounds suffered in N. France. He was a 1st. Lt. 313 Inf., 79th. Division. He died in 1947. He received the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. I am trying to gather records of Uncle Peter for my children and grandchildren. Any suggestions where to look for records of his service would be appreciated.

Brad Garner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2013 - 6:38 pm:   

My father is Richard C. Garner, who was a sergeant in the 313th Infantry. I will share the posts from here the next time I see him

janet collins
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 5:58 am:   

My father, Robert H Collins aka "Bud" was PVC in 79th division. How do I determine his regiment, batallion etc?
Also have pictures of him with Al English, Jim Keroack, Rob DeWolfe, Porter, LImosani, Art Fishtine, Roger Kerr.

Ronny Dreesen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 12:01 pm:   

Hello, I adopted a ww2 grave on the cementry of Neuville on Condroz in the Belgium Ardennes. The grave belongs to Pfc Frederick D. Wood servicenumber 37187826 of the 313th Infantry Regiment 79th Infantry Division. He was KIA on the 19th december 1944. I like to know more about him and his unit so that I can honor him even better for his sacrifice for our freedom. Perhaps there is somebody who can help me.

RICHARD DENNON
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 4:40 pm:   

I looking for info on PFC James E Dennon , he was with the 79th Inf. Div. - 313th Inf Reg. Company C Replacement. He died on July 6, 1944 in France.

Peter Szerejko
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 8:29 pm:   

My father Tech.Sgt. James Szerejko had pictures of Co.L on maneuvers in Arizona.Bob Clark from Litteton Mass. who was killed in action is one of them .

James Rocchi
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 1:43 pm:   

My uncle PFC John Findlay was a member of the 79th, either the 313th or 314th and was KIA on October 1st, 1944 in the battle for the Foret de Parroy. I never met him and would like to know if any of his friends remember him and could tell me something about him.

Judy Sanders
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 9:49 pm:   

I am also looking for any information concerning the service of my late brother, Kerney Clay Sibley, PFC, rifleman, in the 28th Infantry Division, 110th Infantry Regiment. He fought in France and was wounded during the Battle of the Huertgen Forest. Also suffered trench foot injury.

Judy Sanders
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 9:44 pm:   

I am looking for any information anyone may have concerning the medics attached to the 313th Infantry Regiment of the 79th Infantry Division. This is concerning a relative, T4 Arpad Z. Szanyi, a medic, who was killed on Oct. 2, 1944, in the fighting at Foret de Parroy, France. His records were lost in the 1973 fire and I would appreciate anything anyone could tell me about our family member.

Joel Ives
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 6:20 pm:   

My Uncle Solomon "Sol" Iskowitz served with the 79th Infantry Division, Medics attached to the 313th Infantry Regiment.He was in combat for eleven months and was awarded 5 Silver Campaign Stars; the Combat Medic Badge; a Bronze Star; and the French Normandy Medal. After spending 16 weeks in extensive training in the United States, Sol found himself on Utah Beach Landing in Normandy, France in 1944. As a Combat Medic on the front lines, he did not carry a weapon. Sol died in 2002 so that's all the information I have. I sure he came in contact with many of those wounded and those who had perished in battle. My father said years ago that "he was not the same person when he returned from the war."

sugg philippe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 1:11 pm:   

Bonjour

il est mort dans la forêt de Parroy, à l'ouest de la forêt, je connais l'endroit exact

cordialement
philippe

Terrell Nelson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 7:48 pm:   

I have a relative that was in the 313th Infantry, he was Staff Sgt. Marvin Baker. Marvin died on September 30th, 1944, I'm searching for the location where he lost his life.

sugg philippe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 - 10:45 pm:   

BONJOUR
Je suis l'Adjudant-chef Sugg Philippe et je fais des recherches sur les combats de Lorraine du 12 septembre au 18 novembre 1944, dans la région de Lunéville. Si vous êtes interessé je fais un site sur internet : histoire-lorraine.fr
Cordialement Philippe

Greg B
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 7:47 am:   

My Grandfather, (Cecil W Kinser)
from Buccannan Co,VA. was in Normandy, 313RD INFANTRY REGIMENT / 79TH INFANTRY DIVISION 6/12/1944 the 79th Infantry Division landed on Utah Beach, Normandy, 12-14 June and entered combat 19 June 1944, F.O.D On 10/23/1944 any information or pictures would be appreciated. e-mail to nstgtr03@msn.com

Winfred M Jones
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 8:49 am:   

I am looking for information on my uncle, SSgt Durward P. Carney. He died 22 Sept 1944. I would like information on the action on and leading up to that date, and anything else that would tell about his time in the 313th.

James Edward Ringenberg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 11:19 am:   

My name is Jim Ringenberg. My father, Edward C. Ringenberg, was an officer with the 313th, Company M. Some of his closest friends were "Tex" Crozier and Chet Davis. There was a young soldier whose nickname was "Holtzy" who was shot in the chest and died in my father's arms begging him, "Don't let me die, don't let me die" but there was nothing my father could do but remember him the rest of his life. My father considered him like a little brother and could scarcely talk without tears about the young man who probably lied about his age to enlist. Does anyone have any information on "Holtzy"?

JOSEPH SHEEHAN
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 6:46 pm:   

I am looking for information on 1st LT. George Kelly 313th inf 79th div killed in action I think he was with the service co.

Charles Chappell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 3:10 pm:   

My grandfather's name was Lee Roy Chappell. He was a private and sniper in the 313th Regiment Company K. I would like to find any information about their service and where they were during the invasion.

Maryrose Sweeting
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 11:53 am:   

My father was in the A Company, 1st Battalion, 313 Infantry, 79th Division. He and my mother wrote a book called "The Kid from the 313th". My father passed away 3 months ago. My Dad didn't talk about the war but when I was an adult he did share stories of his buddies. It took my Mom 10 years to get him to tell her all the stories of the war and to be able to write it all down. My Dad's name is James E O'Neil but he went by the name Decker. He was not of age when he joined the Army. My Mom and Dad went to the 79th reunions every year so if you are interested I can get the information.

Jim Baker
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 2:28 pm:   

Hi, wondering if anyone has any information regarding Henry D. Palmer, Pte in the 313 Infantry, 79th Division. I found his grave in the Epinal Cemetery while touring France. His cross states he was from Greenville South Carolina, born 1913 and was killed on 14th Oct 1944. Just curious as has the same name as my grandfather who I was named after. I am from England.

Bruce Bonham
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2011 - 5:03 pm:   

I am looking for anyone who knew Pfc. Albert Blevins. He was a 20 year old country boy from Dewey, Oklahoma. I know he was 313th Infantry and was reported killed on July 6, 1944. History shows this was during five day battle around the Battle of the Hedgerows. Anyone have any information about him?

Mark Jaeger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 10:57 am:   

I'd be grateful for any personal information about S/Sgt Harold F. Norman (born 30 April 1924, Montgomery County, IN). I recently found a c.1943 photo of Norman, in uniform, in a local antique store. Norman served in the 313th IR (not sure which battalion or company), 79th ID ("Lorraine Cross Division"). Norman reportedly shipped over to Europe on 1 May 1944. I'm guessing he landed with the 79th ID on Utah Beach on/about D+8 (12 June 1944). S/Sgt Norman died (either MW or KIA) in the vicinity of Hagenau on 13 December 1944, aged 20. Norman's remains were probably interred in the vicinity of Hagenau and returned to the U.S. sometime after 1945 as I have located his grave in a Crawfordsville IN cemetery. Harold Norman married Madge McMurry on 16 January (or June?) 1943. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Christian Stafford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2011 - 1:38 pm:   

As I stated before, this is my first time to the site and I am trying to get information about the 313th E Company. I dont know much else about his time there other than he was laid up for a while with his injuries. Grandpa recently passed away on April 27th, 2011 and will be forever loved and missed. If you have any information or questions please contact me at christian.l.stafford@hotmail.com
Thank you, Christian Stafford

Christian Stafford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2011 - 1:37 pm:   

Hello, My name is Christian Stafford and this is my first time to this site. I am trying to do some research about my Grandpa,Augie Stafford's time in WWII. As I am seeing with many others, the men in the 313th did not like to talk about their experiences. My Grandpa served in the E company of the 313th and was wounded in the right arm on July 6, 1944 and again in the back sometime after that. We have recently discovered his Purple Heart(Which I just saw for the first time) and some pictures of my Grandpa with a few other soldiers in his unit and I was just informed by my father that Grandpa had wanted to get in contact with a man they called Pappy from Oregon. My Grandpa was a great, honest, hard-working man that loved his family, but never talked about the war. Upon unearthing some documents we found out that he was a scout and sniper.

Virgil Parker
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 7:55 am:   

My Grandfather Leonard Parker served in C Company in the 313th infantry regiment. I believe he was a replacement who arrived sometime in September 1944. He was wounded on December 11th 1944. I would love to hear from anyone who may have pictures to share or with details of the battles and where they were around December 1944. My e-mail address is virgil.parker@cville.kyschools.us

Bruce Gude
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 04, 2011 - 9:30 am:   

I'm looking for information or for anyone who might have known my Uncle. He was SSGT Leonard Gude. He was a member of an antitank unit of the 313th, 79th. He died of wounds apparently from an artillery battle near Le Haye du Puit, France on July 5, 1944. He is buried in the American National Cemetary in Normandy.
Any information would be appreciated.

Kerrie Weitzel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 11:37 am:   

Hello. My grandfather was in G Company of the 313th. He was KIA on December 15th 1944. His name is Gerald J Riggleman. If anyone knew him or has information about him and his company I would be most grateful. I have been looking for years. My email is kriggl2118@aol.com

christofer macatsoris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 6:51 pm:   

I am looking for information of Chris(topher) Phillips 313 infantry regiment 79th division killed in action july 7th 1944 in normandy. He was from Philadelphia.

James J McDevitt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 3:51 pm:   

Looking for information regarding my father, PFC James McDevitt, who died in France in early July 1944 while with Company C of the 313th Infantry.

Rod Terry
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 10:55 am:   

Re: Gary Kinley post of March 31, 2010.
I saw your post. My uncle Paul Duncan was killed in action in Jan. of '45. He was in the same outfit. Fred Kinley's name is listed on the Camp McCabe Company sign directly above my uncle Paul Duncan. S/Sgt. James W. Carter was able to help me with information and photos. His email address is carterkybate@bellsouth.net Good Luck!

Rik Peirson (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 12:38 pm:   

Trial Post on 11/8/10

Paula Gillen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 7:27 pm:   

Regarding James A Gillen. His tombstone has 124 infantry on it. This had to be in New Guinea. If there is anyone out there who knows anyone who was in New Guinea in 124 infantry, I would love to hear from you.

angela christian
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 12:41 am:   

Would Kenneth Brown whose fathr-in-law was in the same outfit as my Dad please contact me at angelachristian@hotmail.com

Kenneth Brown
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:44 pm:   

My father-in-law was in the 313th, 2nd Bat, H Company from D-day plus 8 until the occupation. He is very much alive and willing to discuss H company history.

pjgillen39
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 8:02 pm:   

My husband's uncle was KIA New Guinea. His name was James A Gillen, he was 24 years old and was a Sgt at time of his death. We have no information on him at all, did not know he existed until this year. He is buried in Union Co, Mississippi. His body was not brought home until 4 or 5 years after his death. Anyone who has information about New Guinea companies please contact me. pjgillen39@yahoo.com

Paula Gillen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 8:21 pm:   

I failed to post my Dad's name. It was William David Warren. He was in the 79th Infantry 313 Regiment, still don't know for sure what company. He came home at the end of the war just before going to Switzerland. If anyone recognizes his name, please let me know. He was in Normandy, Northern France, and not sure where else. I have old pictures that I will post as I have them available. I pledge honor to all the WWII veterans out there.

Thanks, Paula Gillen pjgillen39@yahoo.com

CindyAllen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 5:43 pm:   

I only have two pictures of my dad. He passed away in 1985 when I was 12 y/o. He did not talk of his time in the war. I have a picture of him with two men but I do not know their names. I am hoping someone will know who these two men are and may even have some photos of my dad. I would be glad to share the photo I have. Please e-mail me at cindy.allen73@yahoo.com if you would like for me to send you the picture.

BURTON OSCAR ALLEN, SERVED WITH THE "G" 313 TH INFANTRY - ARMY AS RIFLEMAN (745).
BATTLES AND CAMPAIGNS: NORMANDY; NORTHERN FRANCE; RHINELAND; CENTRAL EUROPE.

DECORATIONS & CITATIONS: EAMET CAMPAIGN MEDAL WITH 4 BRONZE STARS; GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL AR 600-68; PURPLE HEART; BRONZE STAR MEDAL; WWII VICTORY MEDAL; COMBAT INFANTRYMAN BADGE 1ST AWARD.

Daniel Ward
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 8:26 pm:   

I am looking for any information regarding my father WIlson W. Ward of New Bedford Mass. He served in the 79th Division, 313 Regiment. He was a Private First Class and worked on morters. He was wounded in France with morter shrapnel but I am not sure where. He passed away in 1978 and did not wnat to talk about the war. I have his Purple Heart and Bronze Star along with the Lorrain Cross patches and dog tags he wore in WWII.

Mike Williams
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 4:21 am:   

My father was killed June 19th 44 in the battle for Cherbourg He was in the 313th 3rd battalion company K. His name was James Maurice Williams

kevinjoseph ronan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 1:01 pm:   

pvt joseph ronan wounded on 22 nov 1944 do not know where or how it happened

Woodrow Gump
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 6:18 pm:   

My Great-Uncle, Carl I. Nanna of New Marshfield, Ohio, was a private in Company G, 313th Infantry Regiment. He was KIA on July 6, 1944 on the drive toward St. Lo - possibly near La Haye-du- Puits. Would welcome any information from anyone who might have known him.

Dan Hatley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 8:07 am:   

My father, Alva (Jerry) Hatley served with the 313th, company B. He was a B.A.R. man and was with the original Company and served in combat with the 313th up to November 1944 when he was wounded. He often spoke of Capt. Joe Hillenbrant. My dad passed a way a few years back and we placed a picture of Capt. Hillenbrant, as well as a 79th. patch in his grave with him.

Paul Middleton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 2:16 pm:   

I would like to hear from anyone who knew my Father, William M. Middleton, Sargeant, Company G, 313th Regiment, 79th Div. He was in country from 14 JAN 45 to 21 JUN 46.

Ginny McEnroe Yackinous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 11:23 pm:   

I know very little about my dad's war experience because he was killed in action on Jan 25, 1945, in France. His name was Edwin Francis McEnroe, Nick-named " Tibby". He was in the 79th Inf. division, 315th Rgt. He drove a jeep with the name GinnyII painted on it. He was tall, with strawberry-blonde hair. My Mother was heart-broken until the day she died, eventhough she had remarried and had other children.My grand-daughters would like to know more about him. Thank you for reading this and I hope someone remembers him and can provide info.

Jim Gregory
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 5:53 am:   

I'm seeking any information on Pvt. Domingo Martinez, KIA 12 July 1944, possibly near Le Bot, or any information on where/how/why the 313th was engaged that day. Martinez is from my California home town, and I would like to visit his grave and pay tribute on a trip to the Normandy U.S. Military Cemetery this summer. Thank you.

Peter Szerejko
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 8:57 pm:   

My Father Tech.Sgt.James I.Szerejko served With Co.L. 313TH 79TH DIV. Bronze Star. Two Purple Hearts. Found photos from France.Sam La Bella Brooklyn.Charles L.Minor Penn.Interested in Co.L.

JoanneHanley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 8:53 am:   

My father was Joseph J. Michalovic, Company C 313th Infantry Regiment. I have a photo of him with two other soldiers somewhere in France, and I am willing to share this. I would love to connect with anyone who knows anything about these wonderful heroes and what they did. My Dad was wounded on November 18, 1944 and was shipped stateside for recovery.

Orville Cole
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 11:14 am:   

My grandpa was a private in the 313th regiment, 79th division. My other grandpa was in a para-trooper plane. one of his brothers was an engineer. the other was in the pacific on a boat. his boat hit a mine and his body was never recovered. I'm making a project in honor of them. does anyone have any good sources/information about any of the said topics?

joseph p stiglich
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 5:34 pm:   

My father died in 1961 and his military headstone and discharge papers indicate he was in Co F, 313th Infantry and that he rec'd a bronze star medal. Would anyone know where I can find the detailed history of the 313th's battles and/or if the medal was a unit citation or awarded individually? His name was Marko Stiglich---Hibbing, Minnesota.

Paula Gillen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 6:18 pm:   

I am seeing many mentions of E Comany 313th regt. I am not sure this was the company my dad was in. I know he wore a Lorraine Cross and was in France and Normancy in 1944-45, in 3 battles, and a purple heart with oak leaf cluster. I would love to hear from anyone who can give me info on his WWII battles, fellow soldiers. He died 11 years ago and did not talk about the war much. I will keep posting until I hear form someone, please e-mail me pjgillen39@yahoo.com

Paula Gillen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 6:05 pm:   

My dad was in the 79th Infantry, company E. That is all I know except he was a sargent. Is ther anyone out there who knows anyone who was in his company? He died 11 yrs ago. His name William D Warren.

Kirby Smith.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2010 - 8:05 am:   

I was an officer in Co G 313th Inf. from Oct.44 thru May 45

Gary Kinley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 5:44 pm:   

Looking for information on my father Fred Kinley KIA 12,14,44 member 313th 79Div. was with the anti-tank co. with Cap. John McCabe. A large sign was posted over the barricks in in Germany in Jan. 1945 with 13 men listed kia from the co.

Michelle Edinger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 2:03 pm:   

Additional information about William Butler...

prior to being deployed overseas, he was stationed in Panama-he hated it there. He knew a way out of Panama was to train as a paratrooper...which he did. I don't think he ever got certified (?) as a paratrooper, but it was enough to get him shipped overseas. Much to his delight :-)

Also found almost 50 pictures of my grandfather's time overseas, many with names and/or dates on them. I will be going through these soon and will post anything of interest I find.

Ron Sleeis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 8:05 pm:   

My Dad, Nicholas Sleeis,served with the 313th Infantry and was KIA 5 January 1945.
He is buried at Lorraine American Cemetary in St. Avold, France.
I don't know what company he was in. Does anyone recognize his name?

Richard Price
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 1:42 pm:   

John Porter and Michelle Edinger, My father, Edwin Price, was the leader of the second platoon, Company I of the 313th. He was the fourth officer to lead that platoon druking the war. He also led the company for several weeks after the other officers were all killed, wounded or captured at Stundwiller in Alsace. I spoke with him today after reading your posts and he remembers Col. Porter very well and has a few stories... He also remembers Butler, but only vaguely. Another platoon leader from Company I, Harry Barbish, was a family friend until his death around twenty years ago. Dad has a copy of the 79th Div newsletter that includes an article (with photograph) about Col Porter. I can arrange to get you a copy if you don't already have it in your collection.

Richard Price

John Porter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2010 - 1:25 pm:   

Michelle Edinger, please click on my name and email me I can give you some info on the various places your grandfather was in Europe with the 313th. I would love to get copies of anything you may have on my grandfather. Look forward to hearing from you. Oh, I was not able to email you from this site.

John Porter

Rick Gleason
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 12:27 am:   

My Uncle Wilbur Lines was a machine-gunner while serving in Company H of the 314th Infantry Regiment. With this information is it possible to find out what battalion he was in? Have brief notes of his days in combat criss-crossing Europe but am seeking more information about his experience for our family. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle Edinger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 5:28 pm:   

In response to John Porter-
My grandfather was a member of 3rd Battalion 313th Infantry, Company I.

His name was William Clarence Butler from Camden, NJ.
He did many cartoons for The Dim View, The Battle Star, and Stars and Stripes. I have a few of the originals in my possession.

As I was looking through what I have, I saw your grandfather's name mentioned many times. I have a Memorial Services (card?) that my grandfather kept from June 19, 1945 in Czechsolovokia. Also, I have a clipping from a newspaper "The 313th Goes Touring". It shows what they call a "motor march" through the mountains of Germany into Czech. (No date on it)

I would love to know more about where he was during the war, if there are any pictures of him, or more of his cartoons floating around. Any information you can give me would be great.

Thanks, Michelle Edinger

Prozac
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 2:19 pm:   

buy prozac online prozac buy prozac online get prozac i have prozac

Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 7:54 pm:   

The Duel for France, 1944: The Men and Battles That Changed the Fate of Europe ~ by Martin Blumenson was reprinted in paperback in 2000 and is available through Amazon.

John Porter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   

My grandfather was Colonel Roy V. Porter. He commanded the 3rd Battalion, 313th Infantry for all 248 days of combat the unit saw in Europe during WW 2. I have extensive infomation on the 3rd Battalion (which was comprised of Companies I, K, L, M. The information I have is the battalion's monthy combat journal, the book "History of the 79th Infantry Division" and the book "History of the 313th Infanty Regiment In World War II." If I can assist anyone with information about 3rd Battalion please let me know.

John Porter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 5:44 pm:   

My grandfather was Colonel Roy V. Porter. He commanded the 3rd Battalion, 313th Infantry for all 248 days of combat the unit saw in Europe during WW 2. I have extensive infomation on the 3rd Battalion (which was comprised of Companies I, K, L, M. The information I have is the battalion's monthy combat journal, the book "History of the 79th Infantry Division" and the book "History of the 313th Infanty Regiment." If I can assist anyone with information about 3rd Battalion please let me know.

Rod Terry
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 7:29 pm:   

My uncle served in the 313 inf. 79 inf. div. He was KIA 8 Jan. 1945. Any info would be appreciated. His name was Pvt. Paul D. Duncan from Pendleton, SC. Our best information indicates he was killed near Hatten or Rittershoffen in an 11 day battle.

Teresa Rachels
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:09 am:   

My grandfather was James Terrell Stephens and was in H Co., 313th Inf. Rgt., 79th Div. He was wounded June 20, 1944 near Cherbourg,FR. His tent buddy was Boyd?. I would like to hear from anyone with more info. on my grandfather and Boyd.

Jenna Dziak Sandstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 9:13 am:   

Looking for anyone who knew or was with my gradfather Mitchell A. Dziak Private, U.S. Army
313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division. He entered in March 1944 from Illinois. He died in battle on January 3, 1945. Any pictures would be GREATLY appreciated.

Michael Ketchum
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 3:40 pm:   

My grandfather fought with the 314th Infantry and was killed while fighting near Blamont / Fremonville, France. Please visit his site at www (dot) privateletters (dot) net

angelachristian
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 10:50 am:   

My father Pvt Gilbert M Bush served in Co H 313th Infantry and also 313th Anti Tank. He came from Trenton NJ and died on VE Day at Schwerte, Germany. Anyone who know him, please contact me, his daughter angelachristian@hotmail.com

Joseph Fazzolari
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 4:01 pm:   

I am trying to find out any information about my grandfather who served in E Co. of the 313th of the 79th Inf Div. I was very young when he passed away in 1976 and I only have bits and pieces of information about his time in the service. His name was Augustus Boova and was from Harrisburg PA. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Karen Galloway
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 12:04 pm:   

My father - LeRoy Davis Jr - was a corporal, company G, 313th infantry in Dec 1944-his records were destroyed in the fire. He has two purple hearts. I believe he was wounded 12/12/44 near Bischwitziller. Taken prisoner near Lautenburgh, Germany 12/19/44 and liberated by Russians at Potsdam 4/27/45. Any information at all is greatly appreciated

A G Hennessy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 10:16 am:   

Looking for information on behalf of my mother for her first cousin Joseph E. McNamara. He was a Private, US Army, 313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division. Died July 13, 1944. Likely near La Hays de Puits, France. Thanks, A G Hennessy

randy kilgore
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 1:27 am:   

Just acquired huge photo collection of member of 79th Infantry Division Band WWII. Photos include training in Tenn. till end of War overseas. More info on the band in this Division would be appreciated.

Helen Puckett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 1:57 pm:   

I am looking for information on my uncle, PFC A V Buckner who died in France on 21 Sep 1944. He was in the 313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division. He is buried in the Lorraine American Cemetery in St Avold France. I would like to know where the unit was that day and what casualties they had.

Sharon Hill
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 10:31 am:   

My uncle was William E. Theobald, he was in the 313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division. He died June 25, 1944 and was buried at Collebille-sur--Mer, France. I am trying to find any information on him as all his sibblings are now deceased.

Thank you.

Sharon Hill

Dawn Disbro Burke
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 6:54 am:   

Also want to add that my Uncle was in Company G. :-)

Dawn Disbro Burke
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 6:53 am:   

I'm looking for information on my uncle Warren Lee (Bud) Disbro from Dillsboro, Indiana. He entered the military in June of 1942 and went overseas in March of 1944. He was wounded July 11, 1944 in France, wounded again in September and then KIA March 24, 1945. My Dad was only 2 when his brother died and I'm doing my best to help him find out anything that I can. Thanks in advance! Dawn Burke

Robert Mudd
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 6:30 am:   

My father was Joseph Emanuel Mudd,later changed to Jack E. Mudd.,and served in the 313th Infantry.I am looking for info. on how he received his Purple Heart and Bronze Stars.Dad fought in the Battle of the Buldge.He would never discuss it and has now passed away.If anyone knew him and could shed some light on this mystery for his children and grand children please let me know.Thank you

c.m. costello
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 8:38 pm:   

any information on charles costello 313th, 79th , cannon company, grandson searching for information.

jerry sink
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 2:15 pm:   

I would like to purchase the Dual for France and The History of the 313th. Does anyone know where I can get these books?

Jerry Sink
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 3:25 pm:   

Hey, My name is Jerry Sink. MY father was Jake Sink who was a sargeant in 313 Regiment Company B in charge of machine gun squad.I can't remember the name but he talked a lot about a friend of his from Iowa. I have photo's of them at camp Forrest Tenn. HIs Captain was Hilebrand.

Jen Blomme
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 7:40 am:   

I am searching for any information at all about my grandfather. Anyone who may have known him who can give me even the smallest details would be appreciated. My mother and I know nothing at all about him as a person or his family. My grandmother never said a word about him. His name was John Gorecki. He was in B co 313th inf. 79th Div. He died on June 8th 1944 from non battle. Thank you

Ona Lea Wade Ford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 1:16 pm:   

My father was Elvin Wyatt Wade, Jr. - he served in the 313th Infantry Regiment,79th Division from June, 1942 to September, 1945. I am looking for anyone who may have known him. I know he was wounded at some time but have no details - his records were lost in the July 1973 fire. I would appreciate any information. Thank you.

robert watrol
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 8:15 pm:   

My uncle was killed July 5, 1944 with E Co. Did you ever find the book "The Dual for France"?

Jim Brock
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 6:28 pm:   

I'm looking for a copy of "The Dual For France" which recounts the assault on Montgardon Ridge by the 313th Inf Rgt and the 315th Inf Rgt in driving rain from July 3 to July 8, 1944 when the ridge was secured. This action was accomplished by infantry alone due to rain and no tanks, arty or air support. My brother was killed in action on that ridge on July 6, 1944, a member of Co E, 313th Inf Rgt. I'm retired with 42 years Army service both uniform and civilian. I saw 3 Lorrain Cross patches on right shoulders during that time. I know the losses suffered during the war.

Helen Vernon
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 6:21 pm:   

Would like to hear from anyone with any information on this Regiment or Division. Brother is searching for information

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: