135th Medical Regiment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

American WWII Orphans Network » 1) ARMY CONNECTIONS » ARMY Units » 135th Medical Regiment « Previous Next »

Lee berger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 - 6:56 pm:   

I know the unit was on Luzon -my father left for home in aust 1945-he was on his way home when the war ended- many of the men were from Wisconsin-my father was from NYC area

Kathleen Tobin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 4:35 pm:   

James,
My father, Wesley Tobin is still living and of sound mind (92 years old). He's in a Veteran's parade tomorrow. He served in the 895th Medical Clearing Company. He tells me it was one of the pre-MASH units. I was trying to find information on the unit and names he served with but can't locate anything. Do you have any of your father's paperwork? My father has nothing left service related. Just so long ago now.

James Foster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 3:39 pm:   

Along with his service in Company I of the 135th Medical Regiment, my father served with the 895th Medical Clearing Company. I believe Lee is right that there must be some connection between the two units.

Lee Berger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 8:09 am:   

My father was in Company I of the 135th medical regiment as well. I think it later became known as the 895th Medical Clearing Company. They eventually left New Guinea for the Phillippines.

James Foster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 11:14 am:   

My father was assigned to Company I of the 135th Medical Regiment in July 1944 when he mailed some film back to the United States. His name was James Foster and he was a Private First Class. He survived the war but died of a heart attack in 1975.

Lee Berger
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 7:14 pm:   

In researching my own fathers military past, I came accross information which shows that Edward S. Newsome died on August 17, 1944 in Finschhafen Dutch New Guinea. It appears that his nickname was " Tex ". He was with Company I of the 135th medical regiment.I would suggest that you contact the Wisconsin Veterans Museum to try and get more info. It is in Madison.

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:08 pm:   

It was part of the 32nd division

Kathleen.J.Swanson
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 9:52 am:   

I am looking for anyone that might have been part of this unit or know anyone that was.

I know very little at this point of my Fathers time serving our Country so would be very grateful for the smallest of information.

Kathleen (Newsom) Swanson

Only Child of
Edward .S. Newsom
Corporal, U.S. Army
135th Medical Regiment
Died August 17th 1944
Buried at: Manila American Cemetery
Manila, Philippines

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: